• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Danler, Stephanie. Sweetbitter. Alfred A. Knopf, 2016. 1st ed.
• This novel’s four sections are divided into the four seasons: Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring.
• The narrator’s name, Tess, is not revealed until later in the novel; however, this lesson plan will refer to her as Tess throughout.
• The name of the downtown Manhattan restaurant where Tess works is not provided, this lesson plan will refer to it as the restaurant.
• This story is written in past tense from a first person point of view and often mixes events with memories, imaginative daydreams, and food lessons.
• Quotations from Eros the Bittersweet and The Physiology of Taste appear before the first part begins.
• Part One, Chapter One, Summer, introduces the first lesson, PALATE: more than just eating; it is a way of developing a language...
This section contains 4,155 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)