|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Woodrue's profession?
(d) Orthopedic Surgeon.
2. Who did Alan Moore recast who used to be known as a minor DC villain?
(a) The Riddled Penguin.
(b) The Werewolf.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Floronic Man.
3. What does Swamp Thing do just in time after waking up from his dream state in Book Three?
(b) Save Abby Arcane.
(c) Save some snakes in the swamp.
(d) Catch the sunset.
4. What is Alec Holland's formula called?
(a) Bio-organic compound.
(b) Bio-restorative formula.
(c) Organic restorative juice.
(d) Meta-gnosic formula.
5. What small town does the Floronic Man enter in Book Three?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a townsperson in Book Three strikes a match after the Floronic Man puts the town's plants in a "hyperoxygenated" state?
2. How does Woodrue actually look when not in disguise?
3. What does Woodrue explain about Swamp Thing's escape and return?
4. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
5. When did comics undergo the paradigm shift mentioned by Campbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fear of Abby's does The Monkey King prey upon?
2. How does Swamp Thing prove the Floronic Man is in fact hurting plant life?
3. Why does Matt summon demons and monsters in Book Five when Abby is not around?
4. What literary allusion is Book One distinctly modeled after?
5. Even though comics turned toward more dense subject matter and darker topical material, what major problem does Campbell say still plagued comics in the 1960s?
6. Name two macabre elements employed within Book Two.
7. How does Book One open?
8. How does Moore employ dramatic irony in Book Six?
9. What does Swamp Thing immediately do after awaking from his coma?
10. What reason does Moore use to explain why horror became so popular in the 1980s?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)