|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disallows Woodrue from pursuing further research?
(a) Swamp Thing.
(b) Alec Holland.
(c) The old man.
(d) Abby Arcane.
2. During Book Three, what does the Floronic Man send the young boy off who recorded for him to do?
(a) Find a battery for the video camera.
(b) Find his brother, the Metatonic Man.
(c) Warn the world of the Floronic Man and his plan.
(d) Find Abby Arcane.
3. What small town does the Floronic Man enter in Book Three?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
4. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
5. What does Campbell explain was probably in print before the average reader was born?
(a) Every plot line.
(b) Any given title or character.
(c) Every extended metaphor.
(d) Any use of simile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought the Swamp Thing to Washington D.C.?
2. What is Jason Woodrue's profession?
3. Who does the Floronic Man kill toward the end of Book Three?
4. What is Swamp Thing truly?
5. What does Moore point out from the 1980s that he says permeated popular culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps Swamp Thing reattach his arm to his shoulder?
2. What is the second ominous warning Jason Blood issues in Book Five to a second man?
3. How does Jason Blood figure out how the The Monkey King got loose?
4. Who does Swamp Thing blame when he wakes up from his long dream state in Book Three and why?
5. How does the Floronic Man react to the logic shown by Swamp Thing in Book Four?
6. How does Moore build tension and suspense in Book Six?
7. What deal did Jason Woodrue make with the old man?
8. Why couldn't anyone in the Justice League save the earth from the Floronic Man's scheme?
9. What fear of Abby's does The Monkey King prey upon?
10. What does Swamp Thing dream of while in the swamp?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)