|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system does Woodrue take over that allows him to control doors, etc.?
(a) The radial heating system.
(b) The plumbing system.
(c) The building's computer system.
(d) The medical system.
2. What does Campbell explain the comic genre would not have without the late 1960s period?
(a) The excellent writer, Alan Moore.
(b) The brilliant artist, Ashley Wood.
(c) The interesting theorist, Scott McLeod.
(d) The crazed philosopher, Sartre.
3. Where are Abby Arcane and Matt Cable searching for Swamp Thing in Book Two?
(a) The Louisiana bayou.
(b) Louisiana Main.
(c) The New Orleans Penitentiary.
(d) Red Light District.
4. When was the idea of Swamp Thing first conceived?
5. What is dangerous about this "hyperoxygenated" state the Floronic Man puts the plants in?
(a) This state is not dangerous.
(b) This state is actually "hypooxygenated."
(c) This state is very volatile.
(d) This state is very static.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gradually covers the old man?
2. What have Swamp Thing's eye sockets and mouth area filled up with in the beginning of Book Two?
3. What does Swamp Thing discover in Book Two that distresses him?
4. What happens to the three young men out on the bayou?
5. What does the Floronic Man telepathically order many of the buildings in the town to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two macabre elements employed within Book Two.
2. What happens to Abby Arcane as she walks, depressed and alone, in the swamp?
3. How does Jason Blood figure out how the The Monkey King got loose?
4. Why is Woodrue envious of Swamp Thing's serenity?
5. Why does Matt yell at Abby in Book Six and how does Abby respond?
6. What does Jason Blood tell Abby Arcane about the Monkey King?
7. What universal human gesture does Moore use at the end of Book Four and why?
8. Who does Swamp Thing fight in Book Seven?
9. Why is Book One told primarily in first-person?
10. What fear of Abby's does The Monkey King prey upon?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)