|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swamp Thing try to remember while in his dream state?
(a) Where he put his keys.
(b) The location of the Autistic Center.
(c) Past events concerning his previous life.
(d) His phone number.
2. What "consumed" Alec Holland?
(b) The swamp.
3. Who did Alan Moore recast who used to be known as a minor DC villain?
(a) The Floronic Man.
(b) The Riddled Penguin.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Werewolf.
4. What is wrong with Swamp Thing when Abby and Matt find him?
(a) He has gotten stuck to a tree.
(b) He has lost his sister.
(c) He has been buried.
(d) He is overgrown and unmoving.
5. How does the coloring change in Swamp Thing's dream sequences during Book Two?
(a) The coloring becomes red and yellow.
(b) It changes to a more pastel hue.
(c) It turns black and white.
(d) It becomes more vibrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Campbell describe the types of new themes that were discussed?
2. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
3. How does Woodrue actually look when not in disguise?
4. During Book Three, what does a police officer do after hearing about the destruction of a neighboring town?
5. How does Campbell suggest a good writer use the DC universe to his or her advantage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Paul's parents doing right before they died?
2. What does Alec Holland's skull symbolize?
3. What universal human gesture does Moore use at the end of Book Four and why?
4. Name three devices Alan Moore employs that make him a good storyteller according to Ramsey Campbell.
5. How does Moore build tension and suspense in Book Six?
6. What helps Swamp Thing reattach his arm to his shoulder?
7. How does Jason Blood figure out how the The Monkey King got loose?
8. Why does Matt summon demons and monsters in Book Five when Abby is not around?
9. How is Abby is characterized in Book Five?
10. Why is it strange that Matt drives Abby back home in the last scene of Book Seven?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)