|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Abby Arcane and Matt Cable searching for Swamp Thing in Book Two?
(a) Red Light District.
(b) Louisiana Main.
(c) The New Orleans Penitentiary.
(d) The Louisiana bayou.
2. How can the first depiction of Swamp Thing in Book Two be described?
3. Where is Jason Woodrue when he wonders about the "old man?"
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New Orleans.
4. How does Woodrue feel after the connection to Swamp Thing's flower?
(a) That he has "ascended."
(b) That he has "become sage."
(c) That he has "never felt better."
(d) That he has "risen."
5. What happens to the three young men out on the bayou?
(a) They are strangled to death.
(b) They get eaten by an alligator.
(c) Their sister finds them, instead.
(d) They are told to go home.
6. What does Woodrue gain from connecting his mind to a flower grown from Swamp Thing?
(a) An evil view.
(b) The consciousness of all vegetation.
(c) Nothing at all.
7. What does Swamp Thing do just in time after waking up from his dream state in Book Three?
(a) Save some snakes in the swamp.
(b) Save Abby Arcane.
(c) Catch the sunset.
8. What does Campbell say about the stories of the late 1960s?
(a) The stories were too cynical.
(b) The stories were radical and life-changing.
(c) The stories were often shrill, obvious and melodramatic.
(d) The stories were often happy and blissful.
9. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
10. What is Jason Woodrue's profession?
(c) Orthopedic Surgeon.
11. What system does Woodrue take over that allows him to control doors, etc.?
(a) The building's computer system.
(b) The radial heating system.
(c) The plumbing system.
(d) The medical system.
12. What does Woodrue decide he must do to the world after connecting his mind to Swamp Thing's flower?
(a) Decrease the amount of toxic gases in the atmosphere.
(b) Rid the earth of all animals and humans.
(c) Save the whales.
(d) Save the humans.
13. Who leads the government agency that pursues and tries to kill Swamp Thing?
(a) Major Tom.
(b) General Sunderland.
(c) Admiral Adama.
(d) Colonel Sanders.
14. Who does Swamp Thing blame for taking away his humanity?
(c) The old man.
(d) Anton Arcane.
15. Who is Woodrue revealed to be?
(a) The supervillain, Jekyll.
(b) The supervillain, Mr. Manic.
(c) The supervillian, the Floronic Man.
(d) The superhero, Superman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Swamp Thing's original nemesis?
2. What happens when a townsperson in Book Three strikes a match after the Floronic Man puts the town's plants in a "hyperoxygenated" state?
3. How is Woodrue's story misleading to Abby and Matt?
4. What have Swamp Thing's eye sockets and mouth area filled up with in the beginning of Book Two?
5. What is the weather like during the murder of the old man?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)