|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Swamp Thing battling against for his humanity?
2. What did Alan Moore do differently with Swamp Thing from Campbell's viewpoint?
(a) He meditated upon two new heroes.
(b) He rewrote the origin.
(c) He discussed philosophy.
(d) He created a different setting.
3. What is one consequence of Moore's comic book horror?
(a) Superheroes are reduced to comical archetypes.
(b) The Justice League doesn't exist.
(c) Swamp Thing becomes a villain in the DC universe.
(d) Swamp Thing exists in the same universe as Superman and Batman.
4. During Book Three, what does the Floronic Man send the young boy off who recorded for him to do?
(a) Find a battery for the video camera.
(b) Find Abby Arcane.
(c) Warn the world of the Floronic Man and his plan.
(d) Find his brother, the Metatonic Man.
5. What is dangerous about this "hyperoxygenated" state the Floronic Man puts the plants in?
(a) This state is not dangerous.
(b) This state is actually "hypooxygenated."
(c) This state is very static.
(d) This state is very volatile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Swamp Thing's eye sockets and mouth area filled up with in the beginning of Book Two?
2. Where are Abby Arcane and Matt Cable searching for Swamp Thing in Book Two?
3. What does Campbell believe about Moore's work on Swamp Thing?
4. What does Campbell say about the stories of the late 1960s?
5. What comparison is drawn by Woodrue concerning consciousness and wise men?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)