|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
2. What does Swamp Thing discover in Book Two that distresses him?
(a) He is no longer Alec Holland.
(b) His girlfriend left him.
(c) He has frostbite.
(d) His toes aren't working.
3. What does Campbell explain was probably in print before the average reader was born?
(a) Any use of simile.
(b) Every extended metaphor.
(c) Any given title or character.
(d) Every plot line.
4. What system does Woodrue take over that allows him to control doors, etc.?
(a) The plumbing system.
(b) The radial heating system.
(c) The building's computer system.
(d) The medical system.
5. Who did Alan Moore recast who used to be known as a minor DC villain?
(a) The Werewolf.
(b) The Floronic Man.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Riddled Penguin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man arrange with Woodrue in exchange for performing an autopsy/dissection of Swamp Thing?
2. How could Swamp Thing's problem be classified?
3. How does Woodrue connect his mind to a flower that grew from Swamp Thing?
4. Which Edgar Allen Poe short story is Book One clearly modeled after?
5. How can the first depiction of Swamp Thing in Book Two be described?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)