|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woodrue take from Swamp Thing's body?
(a) A lichen.
(b) A yam-like tuber.
(c) A piece of moss.
(d) A crooked staff.
2. What is overtaken by earth's plant consciousness?
(a) Woodrue's humanity.
(b) Swamp Thing's humanity.
(c) Abby's body.
(d) Matt's alcoholism.
3. What comparison is drawn by Woodrue concerning consciousness and wise men?
(a) Cannibals eat wise men to gain knowledge.
(b) True consciousness is only given to the wise men.
(c) Consciousness manifests in wise women, not men.
(d) Men are only wise if they lose consciousness.
4. What does Campbell explain was probably in print before the average reader was born?
(a) Any use of simile.
(b) Any given title or character.
(c) Every extended metaphor.
(d) Every plot line.
5. What does Campbell make a case for concerning Alan Moore's Swamp Thing?
(a) That the comic book medium is a legitimate art form.
(b) That the comic book medium is better than poetry.
(c) That the comic book medium can't be rescued.
(d) That the comic book genre is too trite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woodrue find when he dissects Swamp Thing?
2. What is Woodrue made of?
3. Who was Swamp Thing's original nemesis?
4. What did the man arrange with Woodrue in exchange for performing an autopsy/dissection of Swamp Thing?
5. When was the idea of Swamp Thing first conceived?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)