|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Matt's coworkers and friends done?
(a) Repainted the living spaces.
(b) Repainted the outside of the house.
(c) Remodeled the kitchen.
(d) Made an addition to the house.
2. What does Suzanne call her marriage?
3. What does Suzanne's cardiologist tell her?
(a) She has two weak valves.
(b) One valve is problematic.
(c) She is in good shape.
(d) One artery has a weak wall area.
4. What happens one morning before it is even light outside?
(a) Matt declares a three-day outing.
(b) Suzanne decides to invite Matt's mother over for breakfast.
(c) Matt declares a breakfas-in-bed day.
(d) Nicky climbs in bed with Matt and Suzanne.
5. Who does Katie see on the sidewalk one day as she looks out her window?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Suzanne's ghost.
(c) No one.
6. What does Katie know about her parents?
(a) They believe she should not be a single mother.
(b) They are very much against abortion.
(c) They will always support her.
(d) They have always made their children assume responsiblity for their actions.
7. What happens in October?
(a) Katie meets another man.
(b) Katie has her baby.
(c) Matt and Katie are married.
(d) Matt comes back to Katie.
8. What question does Katie wonder?
(a) How Matt got ahold of Suzanne's diary.
(b) Why Matt wanted her to read this.
(c) Why Suzanne wrote about Nicky.
(d) Where Suzanne is.
9. What does Suzanne do as she is getting stronger?
(a) Starts cooking again.
(b) Starts oil painting again.
(c) Takes Nicky to the beach.
(d) Sees a few patients.
10. What does Katie do for her friends Phil and Lynn?
(a) Babysits to give them a night out.
(b) Buy them a dinner at a posh restaurant.
(c) Helps them write a birth poem for their new baby.
(d) Gives them a referral to an editor.
11. What does Katie think she has to do?
(a) Find Matt and talk to him.
(b) Let Matt go and finish grieving.
(c) Contact Matt's mother.
(d) Give herself some time to process what she read.
12. Who does Katie finally call?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Matt's mother.
(d) Her parents.
13. Why does Matt wish he had been in the jeep?
(a) He might have saved Suzanne.
(b) He might have been able to save his son.
(c) He could have gone with them.
(d) He might have prevented the people in the other car from being killed.
14. Why is Suzanne grateful that Nicky cannot talk?
(a) So he cannot tell Matt about the photography session.
(b) Because he might tell her mother that she is ill.
(c) So he cannot blow the surprise Suzanne has planned.
(d) He might tell her sister that she is ill.
15. What does Melanie tell Katie?
(a) Matt is in town.
(b) Matt is at his mother's house.
(c) No one has seen Matt in a while.
(d) Matt went to his brother's house in Connecticut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do when she tells Dr. Sassoon she is pregnant?
2. What delights Nicky that the three do later that day?
3. Where does Suzanne's jeep end up when she hits a rail?
4. How has Nicky's childhood been so far?
5. Who does Suzanne treat in the ER one day?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)