|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What milestone comes?
(a) Suzanne's birthday.
(b) Nicky's first birthday.
(c) Matt's birthday.
(d) Matt's mother's birthday.
2. What does Suzanne call her marriage?
3. What does Suzanne do as she is getting stronger?
(a) Takes Nicky to the beach.
(b) Starts cooking again.
(c) Sees a few patients.
(d) Starts oil painting again.
4. What is the Islander?
(a) A local magazine.
(b) A map of the area.
(c) A pamphlet about the local art scene.
(d) A ferry.
5. What is one thing Katie has learned from Suzanne's diary?
(a) To open her heart more.
(b) The "ball" theory.
(c) To be patient.
(d) To take one minute at a time.
6. What is another question Katie has about Matt and Suzanne's relationship after reading this far in the journal?
(a) If they divorced.
(b) Why Matt has custody of Nicky.
(c) Why Suzanne is now living in Europe.
(d) Why they separated.
7. What music is in Nicky's room?
(a) A small cd player.
(b) From his mobile.
(c) A child's phonograph.
(d) The baby minder.
8. What does Katie think she has to do?
(a) Let Matt go and finish grieving.
(b) Give herself some time to process what she read.
(c) Contact Matt's mother.
(d) Find Matt and talk to him.
9. When Katie finally tells her parents about being pregnant, what is their response?
(a) They are angry at Matt.
(b) They cry with her.
(c) They tell Katie it is her fault.
(d) They are happy they will have a grandchild.
10. Who does Katie finally call?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Matt's mother.
11. What does Katie say is possible?
(a) Hope though all seems hopeless.
(b) Joy in the midst of tragedy.
(c) Happy endings.
(d) Letting go of life in a postive way.
12. What does Katie do for her friends Phil and Lynn?
(a) Babysits to give them a night out.
(b) Gives them a referral to an editor.
(c) Helps them write a birth poem for their new baby.
(d) Buy them a dinner at a posh restaurant.
13. Why does Matt wish he had been in the jeep?
(a) He might have saved Suzanne.
(b) He could have gone with them.
(c) He might have been able to save his son.
(d) He might have prevented the people in the other car from being killed.
14. Who does Matt hire to care for Suzanne?
(a) No one; he does the nursing himself.
(b) His sister-in-law who is a nurse.
(c) A professional nurse from an agency.
15. Where do Matt and Suzanne go for two of their honeymoon weeks?
(b) Costa Rica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlin do as Katie finishes the diary and cries?
2. What is the weather like on the day Suzanne and Matt are married?
3. What does Matt surprise Suzanne with one day when she comes downstairs in her pajamas?
4. What does Katie do this time after closing the diary?
5. Of whom does Katie think?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)