|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katie finally call?
(a) Matt's mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her parents.
2. Who does Matt hire to care for Suzanne?
(a) His sister-in-law who is a nurse.
(b) No one; he does the nursing himself.
(d) A professional nurse from an agency.
3. What will Nicky wear for his baptism?
(a) A new christening gown made by Melanie.
(b) Nothing since he will be dipped in the baptismal font.
(c) Suzanne's christening gown.
(d) His new white play outfit.
4. What antique does Matt give Suzanne?
(a) A sapphire bracelet.
(b) An emerald ring.
(c) A set of silver combs.
(d) A sapphire locket.
5. What is one thing Suzanne says about Nicky when he goes for his check-up?
(a) He is ahead of his age group in development.
(b) He can hold his head up.
(c) He needs to gain a couple pounds.
(d) He has one eye that wanders slightly.
6. What does Merlin do as Katie finishes the diary and cries?
(a) Leaves the room.
(b) Crawls under the bed.
(d) Comes and lays his head in her lap.
7. Who is Suzanne riding in Matt's imagination as he and Nicky are chasing after her?
(a) She is flying herself with angel wings.
(b) National Velvet.
(c) Suzanne's beloved childhood horse.
(d) A unicorn.
8. Where do Matt and Suzanne go for two of their honeymoon weeks?
(b) Costa Rica.
9. What is the Islander?
(a) A ferry.
(b) A map of the area.
(c) A local magazine.
(d) A pamphlet about the local art scene.
10. What does Katie think she has to do?
(a) Find Matt and talk to him.
(b) Give herself some time to process what she read.
(c) Contact Matt's mother.
(d) Let Matt go and finish grieving.
11. How many people attend Matt and Suzanne's wedding?
(a) It is standing room only in the church.
(b) About fifty.
(c) About thirty.
(d) Suzanne does not mention that.
12. How has Nicky's childhood been so far?
(a) He is exceeding by several years the average child.
(b) Above average.
(c) It is not mentioned.
13. What does Katie do when she finds Suzanne and Nicky's graves?
(a) Sobs and sobs.
(b) Tells Suzanne how sorry she is.
(c) Imagines Nicky's face.
(d) Sits and talks quietly to Suzanne about Matt.
14. Where does Suzanne's jeep end up when she hits a rail?
(a) Hanging over the edge of an embankment.
(b) In the other lane.
(c) In the creek.
(d) In a lake.
15. Why does Matt wish he had been in the jeep?
(a) He might have been able to save his son.
(b) He might have saved Suzanne.
(c) He might have prevented the people in the other car from being killed.
(d) He could have gone with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has has accepted a poem from Matt for publication?
2. What does Katie tell Lynn and Phil?
3. What do Matt and Suzanne do just at midnight one night?
4. Why is Suzanne grateful that Nicky cannot talk?
5. What does Suzanne recognize soon after they are married?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)