|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks total do Matt and Suzanne honeymoon?
2. How many people attend Matt and Suzanne's wedding?
(a) It is standing room only in the church.
(b) About thirty.
(c) Suzanne does not mention that.
(d) About fifty.
3. What had Matt shared about his past that was so traumatic?
(a) He talked about his father dying.
(b) He talked about his sister being killed in an accident.
(c) He talked about being bullied at school as a young child.
(d) He never said.
4. What does Katie do this time after closing the diary?
(a) Looks for something normal.
(b) Calls her sister.
(c) Calls her mother.
5. What is the wallpaper like in the nursery?
(a) Mother Goose and other characters dancing.
(b) Pictures of the galaxy and stars.
(c) Pictures of animals swimming.
(d) They just paint it a soft green.
6. Where is Suzanne's office?
(a) She has no office as she is giving up her practice.
(c) In a separate building on the lot.
(d) Facing the beach.
7. Who does Katie finally call?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Matt's mother.
8. Who does Matt hire to care for Suzanne?
(a) A professional nurse from an agency.
(c) His sister-in-law who is a nurse.
(d) No one; he does the nursing himself.
9. What does Suzanne do as she is getting stronger?
(a) Sees a few patients.
(b) Starts cooking again.
(c) Starts oil painting again.
(d) Takes Nicky to the beach.
10. What happens one morning before it is even light outside?
(a) Nicky climbs in bed with Matt and Suzanne.
(b) Suzanne decides to invite Matt's mother over for breakfast.
(c) Matt declares a three-day outing.
(d) Matt declares a breakfas-in-bed day.
11. What does Matt think of when he is looking at Nicky's rocking horse?
(a) How Nicky would laugh as he rocked on the horse.
(b) The love that went into making the horse.
(c) The Flying Horses carousel.
(d) That he never painted the horse.
12. What does Katie think about doing?
(a) Finding out where Matt's mother lives.
(b) Driving to the island.
(c) Finding out where Suzanne lives in Europe.
(d) Calling Suzanne.
13. What does Katie think about as she is musing about what she's read so far?
(a) That she is going to request that another editor be assigned to Matt.
(b) That she is going to put Matt out of her mind.
(c) Moments with Matt.
(d) That she is going to go visit her mother for a couple days.
14. What music is in Nicky's room?
(a) A small cd player.
(b) From his mobile.
(c) The baby minder.
(d) A child's phonograph.
15. Does it surprise Katie that Matt cheats on Suzanne?
(a) She thinks there is a good reason that Matt did so.
(b) She thinks it is no surprise since most men cheat on their wives.
(c) Katie does not know if Matt cheated on Suzanne.
(d) She is shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie know about her parents?
2. How many children do Phil and Lynn have?
3. What does Katie do on her train ride home?
4. What does Matt say about Suzanne's driving in general?
5. What does Suzanne recognize soon after they are married?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)