|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Katie hides from her mother?
(a) That she is considering an abortion.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she took some vacation days because she is too distraught.
(d) That she quit her job.
2. Why does Suzanne have time to examine her life?
(a) She is in therapy after her husband dies.
(b) In recovering from coronary bypass surgery.
(c) In having to be off her broken foot for a couple weeks.
(d) She has to take time off work when she is pregnant.
3. What surprise did Katie have for Matt that she never told him?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She had received a promotion.
(c) She had bought a house for them.
(d) She had changed jobs to be closer to where he lives.
4. How does Katie compare herself to a character in the show she watches?
(a) Katie believes she is less crazy than Ally McBeal.
(b) Katie could not see finding Matt on a cruise.
(c) Katie knows she will not find community at a bar.
(d) Katie thinks she is cuter than Ally McBeal.
5. What does Katie receive on July 19th?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A diary.
(c) A rose.
(d) A postcard.
6. What does Katie remember about the night she and Matt made the baby?
(a) Katie had worried briefly about not being protected.
(b) There were no barriers between them.
(c) She cannot remember the night.
(d) Matt had whispered that he wanted a child.
7. What does Katie have to acknowledge to herself?
(a) That she believes Matthew is better off without her.
(b) That she is somewhat happy as a single woman.
(c) That she thinks she'll never find a man to marry.
(d) That she likes Suzanne.
8. Who is Gus?
(a) Katie's lab.
(b) Suzanne's golden retriever.
(c) Suzanne's boyfriend.
(d) Matt's brother.
9. What does Katie's mother say about Matt?
(a) That he maybe needs to grieve longer.
(b) That he has good taste in women.
(c) That he is a cad.
(d) That he probably did not intend to hurt her.
10. What does Suzanne say Melanie always has?
(a) A frown.
(b) Anything one might need to borrow.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A joke to tell.
11. Of what is Suzanne's work ball made?
12. How did Katie feel about her relationship with Matt?
(a) It was a roller coaster ride.
(b) It was very rocky.
(c) It was perfect.
(d) It had a few minor bumps.
13. What style is Matt's poetry?
(a) Matt does not write poetry.
(b) Long, epic poetry.
(c) Short, witty pieces.
(d) Prose poems.
14. What does Suzanne call Melanie's daughter(s)?
(a) Number one and two.
(c) Melanie only has sons.
(d) Number one, two, three and four.
15. How does Suzanne know about the place where she moves?
(a) Her sister lives there.
(b) Her grandmother lived there.
(c) She spent summers there while growing up.
(d) She spent her honeymoon there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be afraid for Katie?
2. What does Katie remember as she is sobbing?
3. Where does Suzanne move?
4. How many balls does Suzanne have to keep balanced?
5. What did Matt's father do for a living?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)