|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Katie done to make her home cozy?
(a) Used big pillows and other overstuffed things.
(b) Used lots of vibrant colors.
(c) Gathered things around her from her family.
(d) Used a lot of antiques.
2. Who is Gus?
(a) Suzanne's boyfriend.
(b) Katie's lab.
(c) Suzanne's golden retriever.
(d) Matt's brother.
3. How many balls does Suzanne have to keep balanced?
4. What is Suzanne's occupation?
5. How does Katie know Matt is an outdoors man?
(a) He is tanned.
(b) He wears a waterproof jacket.
(c) He tells her.
(d) He wears jeans and and hiking boots.
6. Who does Katie call the next morning after starting to read the diary?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) No one.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
7. What t.v. show does Katie watch as she tries to comfort herself?
(a) Ally McBeal.
(c) Loveboat reruns.
8. Of what material are some of the balls made that Suzanne has to balance?
9. How many falling stars does Matt count one night?
10. Where does Suzanne move?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) Long Island.
(d) New Hope.
11. Who are with Katie?
(a) Matt and Merlin.
(c) Gail and Jean.
(d) Guinevere and Merlin.
12. Who can Katie not talk to, though she needs to talk to someone?
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
13. What does Katie find uncomfortable about her life?
(a) The uncertainty.
(b) The reality of perhaps being a single mother.
(c) Not being completely open with her mother.
(d) The confusion.
14. What does Gus do one day in the park in Boston?
(a) Break up with his girlfriend.
(b) Chases ducks.
(c) Digs up a rose bush.
(d) Breaks his leg.
15. To whom is Suzanne writing in her diary?
(b) Her two-week-old son.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt tell Katie on the night of July 18?
2. What of Matt's is Katie editing?
3. What does Katie remember about the night she and Matt made the baby?
4. What does Suzanne say Melanie always has?
5. Who seems to be afraid for Katie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)