|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Matt's hair described?
(a) A buzz cut.
(b) As a little long.
(c) Short and masculine.
(d) A long pony tail down his back.
2. What does Katie's mother say about Matt?
(a) That he has good taste in women.
(b) That he maybe needs to grieve longer.
(c) That he is a cad.
(d) That he probably did not intend to hurt her.
3. Who seems to be afraid for Katie?
(a) No one.
(d) Guinevere and Merlin.
4. What is one thing Katie hides from her mother?
(a) That she is considering an abortion.
(b) That she took some vacation days because she is too distraught.
(c) That she quit her job.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. Who is Gus?
(a) Suzanne's boyfriend.
(b) Matt's brother.
(c) Katie's lab.
(d) Suzanne's golden retriever.
6. What does Suzanne say Melanie always has?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A joke to tell.
(c) Anything one might need to borrow.
(d) A frown.
7. Who is Matt Harrison?
(a) Suzanne's brother.
(b) Gail's husband.
(c) Katie's former lover.
(d) Katie's brother.
8. How many falling stars does Matt count one night?
9. Where can Katie imagine Suzanne?
(a) In the morgue.
(b) Rolling on the floor playing with the dog.
(c) Playing with Nicholas at the lake.
(d) In a cottage by the ocean.
10. What does Katie find uncomfortable about her life?
(a) The reality of perhaps being a single mother.
(b) Not being completely open with her mother.
(c) The confusion.
(d) The uncertainty.
11. What t.v. show does Katie watch as she tries to comfort herself?
(b) Loveboat reruns.
(d) Ally McBeal.
12. What did Matt's father do for a living?
13. What does Katie receive on July 19th?
(a) A rose.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A diary.
(d) A postcard.
14. What does Suzanne decide to do?
(a) Change her career choice.
(b) Go out with a man she meets in the hospital while recovering.
(c) Move across the country.
(d) Radically change her life.
15. What did Matt and Katie do on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Play tennis.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Read and write.
(d) Have friends over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Suzanne's work ball made?
2. How does Katie compare herself to a character in the show she watches?
3. What was going to be printed that Katie had edited?
4. How many balls does Suzanne have to keep balanced?
5. How does Katie feel when Matt returns to his hotel?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)