|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie receive on July 19th?
(a) A rose.
(b) A box of chocolates.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A diary.
2. Who is Matt Harrison?
(a) Suzanne's brother.
(b) Gail's husband.
(c) Katie's brother.
(d) Katie's former lover.
3. What does Katie realize as she slams the diary closed?
(a) Matt is a one-of-a-kind guy.
(b) Suzanne must have had premonitions.
(c) Katie is still desperately in love with Matt.
(d) Katie is jealous.
4. When does Matt's father die?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) Just after Matt graduates from high school.
(c) When Matt is very young.
(d) Just after Matt graduates from college.
5. What is Katie holding?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A diary.
(c) A letter.
6. What was Matt's major in college?
7. Who meets at the Kennedy wedding?
(a) Suzanne and Matthew.
(b) Suzanne and Michael.
(c) Katie and Matthew.
(d) Katie and Michael.
8. Who are with Katie?
(b) Guinevere and Merlin.
(c) Matt and Merlin.
(d) Gail and Jean.
9. Who does Katie call the next morning after starting to read the diary?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) No one.
10. How does Katie know Matt is an outdoors man?
(a) He wears a waterproof jacket.
(b) He is tanned.
(c) He tells her.
(d) He wears jeans and and hiking boots.
11. What does Katie finally understand?
(a) Why she is crying.
(b) Why God is both hated and loved.
(c) Why she can forgive Matt.
(d) Part of the reason for the problems between her and Matt.
12. Where is Katie as the novel opens?
(b) In the bathtub.
(d) At work.
13. How does Katie meet Matt Harrison?
(a) She hires him to paint her house.
(b) He moves in down the street.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) Through work.
14. How many falling stars does Matt count one night?
15. What does Michael explain to Suzanne as she is recovering from her illness?
(a) He is in love with Katie.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is in love with a woman he meets in Paris.
(d) He is ending their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Suzanne and Matt go to his house after going to a blues club?
2. What did Matt send Katie every day in June?
3. What does Suzanne say about Melanie Bone?
4. What does Katie think she and Suzanne would have done had they met each other under different circumstances?
5. Who is Michael Bernstein?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)