|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matt and Katie do on Sunday afternoons?
(a) Have friends over.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Read and write.
(d) Go sailing.
2. Where do Matt and Suzanne make a beautiful memory?
(a) On the ferris wheel.
(b) Shell collecting.
(c) On a carousel.
(d) Making a sand castle.
3. What does Katie try to remember about Matt?
(a) If he is married.
(b) If he likes to go by his full name.
(c) If he is still working as a house painter.
(d) If he lives in New York City.
4. What does Suzanne say about Melanie Bone?
(a) She is kind but talks too much.
(b) She is the perfect neighbor.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is a bit of a gossip.
5. What does Katie find uncomfortable about her life?
(a) The reality of perhaps being a single mother.
(b) The uncertainty.
(c) The confusion.
(d) Not being completely open with her mother.
6. How does Katie think her family would feel about her pregnancy?
(a) They would urge her to consider adoption.
(b) They would urge her to consider abortion.
(c) They would tell her she's on her own.
(d) They would be supportive.
7. How did Katie feel about her relationship with Matt?
(a) It had a few minor bumps.
(b) It was perfect.
(c) It was a roller coaster ride.
(d) It was very rocky.
8. Where can Katie imagine Suzanne?
(a) In a cottage by the ocean.
(b) In the morgue.
(c) Rolling on the floor playing with the dog.
(d) Playing with Nicholas at the lake.
9. Of what is Suzanne's work ball made?
10. What has Katie done to make her home cozy?
(a) Used a lot of antiques.
(b) Gathered things around her from her family.
(c) Used big pillows and other overstuffed things.
(d) Used lots of vibrant colors.
11. What does Suzanne find when they go inside Matt's house?
(a) A warm, cozy home.
(b) A very austere, almost bare interior.
(c) Very strong, loud paint colors.
(d) Thousands of books.
12. What could Katie not believe about herself concerning Matt?
(a) That she had believed he was right for her.
(b) That she had fallen for a man with so little education.
(c) That she had been so hesitent to open up to him emotionally.
(d) That she had trusted him so much.
13. What does Gus do one day in the park in Boston?
(a) Breaks his leg.
(b) Break up with his girlfriend.
(c) Chases ducks.
(d) Digs up a rose bush.
14. What does Katie remember as she is sobbing?
(a) How much she loved her mother.
(b) The death of her last dog.
(c) Her childhood home and her father.
(d) A sermon she once heard from her grandfather.
15. What is Katie holding?
(a) A cell phone.
(c) A letter.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When had Katie found a package on her doorstep?
2. What t.v. show does Katie watch as she tries to comfort herself?
3. What is Suzanne's occupation?
4. What was going to be printed that Katie had edited?
5. How many falling stars does Matt count one night?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)