|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Resynk live in Paris?
2. Where was Levi sent after he admitted he was a Jew?
3. In Chapter 3, how old was Alberto?
4. What was Resnyk's nationality?
5. What language did the Jews of Salonika speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it so difficult to carry the sleepers?
2. Who was Alberto?
3. Who was old Gattegno and his family?
4. Who was the translator in Chapter 2?
5. Who was Null Achtzehn?
6. What happened after the men were forced to take off their clothes?
7. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 8, what could be seen when the sun shone?
9. How was Levi injured in Chapter 4?
10. Later, what did Levi learn about the fate of the men and women who traveled with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 12, Levi credited Lorenzo with helping him to survive. What did Lorenzo do for Levi? Why wasn't that what Levi meant when he said Lorenzo saved him? What did Lorenzo remind Levi of? How did that save Levi?
Essay Topic 2
The nights were filled with dreams and nightmares for Levi and the other prisoners. Why did the men have restless dreams? What were some of the dreams that Levi described? How were his dreams similar to the dreams of other prisoners? What were some of the nightmares Levi experienced? Did other men experience the same types of nightmares?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Levi described a good day. What two things happened on that day to make it good? Why did the sun mean so much? Why was an additional amount of soup welcomed? Why did two small things make such a difference in it being a good or bad day?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)