|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country were the Jews of Salonika from?
2. For whom was the camp intended where Levi was taken when he was first captured?
3. How many workers came from Levi's Lager?
4. Where was Levi sent after he admitted he was a Jew?
5. What service did Kardos provide in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Levi describe the journey on the train to Poland?
2. What was Ka-Be?
3. Who was Null Achtzehn?
4. What was "Waschetauschen"?
5. In Chapter 7, what made Levi understand why men worshipped the sun?
6. Who was Resnyk?
7. How did Levi describe the washroom?
8. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
9. What small reprieve might the prisoners finds during a work day?
10. How and where was Levi captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The prisoners had a strict routine, even at night. Who were two men who were a part of the nightly routine? What did Kordos do? What did the second man do? What was the last thing to happen before lights out? Why did the men get up frequently in the night? How were full buckets dealt with?
Essay Topic 2
Prisoners had to struggle to get back into the camp routine when they were released from the infirmary. Why did prisoners struggle to return to the routine? Why weren't they ready for the conditions in the camp? What about their conditions made it difficult to go back? Why was returning like be thrown in the dark? What was the worst part of returning?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, Levi described a man called Null Achtzehn. What that the man's real name? Did anyone, including the man, know his name? How old was Null? Why was being young a danger? Why were the young at more risk than adults? In what ways was Null indifferent? In what way was he different from a draught horse? Why would no one work with him? What happened to Levi that showed the dangers of working with Null?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)