|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest amount that Mahorca was worth in bread rations in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 2, how long of a lorry ride did Levi and the others take before they stopped?
3. Whose place did Levi take after he was injured in Chapter 4?
4. What did Templer find unguarded on the siding next to the Factory Kitchen?
5. In Chapter 8, what was the nationality of the prisoners who had arrived three days ago and were providing new shirts for the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Levi have trouble sleeping in Chapter 3?
2. Who was the translator in Chapter 2?
3. What happened after the men were forced to take off their clothes?
4. How did Levi describe the washroom?
5. In Chapter 8 at midday, what surprise awaited the men?
6. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
7. Who were the Jew of Salonika?
8. In Chapter 2, where were Levi and the others taken first?
9. In Chapter 5, what did Levi often dream?
10. How was Levi injured in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Levi believed that there were two classes of men in the Lager: the drowned and the saved. Who were the drowned? How did their actions get them exterminated? Who were the survivors? What did they do that helped them survive? Why did Levi divide the prisoners only into two classes.
Essay Topic 2
Levi spent twenty days in the infirmary. Why did Levi spend time in the infirmary? What was the process for being admitted? What was the examination process like? Was it possible to fool the doctors or nurses? How effective was the infirmary for the sick?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Levi was assigned to the Chemical Kommando. How skilled were the workers in the Kommando? How skilled was the Kapo? What qualification did Levi have that made him suited for work in the Chemical Kommando? How did he demonstrate his suitability for the work?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)