|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Resynk?
2. What did the Pole leave in Levi's care when he went to the hospital?
3. How many years did Resynk live in Paris?
4. How long was the author in Ka-Be for the wound on his foot?
5. In Chapter 1, when did Germans inspect the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and where was Levi captured?
2. In Chapter 5, what was the last ceremony of the day?
3. How did Levi describe the washroom?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Levi often dream?
5. What was the sentence for civilians caught buying, selling, or trading with Haftlings?
6. In Chapter 7, what made Levi understand why men worshipped the sun?
7. Who was Resnyk?
8. Who was Alberto?
9. Later, what did Levi learn about the fate of the men and women who traveled with him?
10. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The prisoners had a strict routine, even at night. Who were two men who were a part of the nightly routine? What did Kordos do? What did the second man do? What was the last thing to happen before lights out? Why did the men get up frequently in the night? How were full buckets dealt with?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Levi felt as though he was participating in an initiation as he learned the ways of the camp. In what way was Levi's introduction to the camp an initiation? Why was the process so difficult? Did what Levi went through help him acclimate to the camp?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 7, Levi described a good day. What two things happened on that day to make it good? Why did the sun mean so much? Why was an additional amount of soup welcomed? Why did two small things make such a difference in it being a good or bad day?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)