|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 7, how long had the Jews of Salonika been in the prison camp?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 18 months.
2. What type of floor was in the washroom?
3. How much soup did the Methanol Polish workers abandon?
(a) 15 gallons.
(b) 5 gallons.
(c) 10 gallons.
(d) 20 gallons.
4. Where was Sigi from?
5. What did Null Achtzehn remind Levi of?
6. How many Jews were in the camp when Levi arrived?
7. In Chapter 8, what was the nationality of the prisoners who had arrived three days ago and were providing new shirts for the prisoners?
8. What was the nationality of the gigantic Halfling who ensured that all prisoners removed their shoes before entering the infirmary?
9. How many times was Levi hit on the head after he was injured in Chapter 4?
10. For whom was the camp intended where Levi was taken when he was first captured?
(b) English and American POWs.
11. How much of the population of the camp might be in the infirmary at one time?
(a) A tenth.
(b) One fourth.
(c) An eight.
(d) One fifth.
12. What motivated the prisoners in Chapter 4?
13. What was Kardos occupation?
14. What conviction did Levi believe was rooted in the fiber of everyone and a property of the human substance?
(a) Survival at all costs.
(d) Life has purpose.
15. Who tried to get Levi to wash in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how many pounds did the twisted lever weigh?
2. Where was old Gattegno and his family from?
3. After lights out, what time in Chapter 5 did many have to use the bucket?
4. In Chapter 3, how old was Alberto?
5. What was the longest time that a prisoner might spend in the infirmary?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)