|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Nel think she feels bad about Chicken Little's death?
2. No one did a thing about Sula's death until ________ called the police and the hospital.
3. What is the real name of the man that visits Sula?
4. What is something people do NOT notice about Sula that makes her different?
5. What does Sula put in her hair to entice the answer to #139?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sula has an affair with Jude, this seems to be the biggest blow to her friendship with Nel. Why did Sula have the affair in the first place? What is Nel's reaction? Why doesn't Jude go back to Nel? What does the affair seem to say about the dynamics between women and men as opposed to those between women?
Essay Topic 2
Eva leaves for 18 months and then comes back to her children, though she is missing a leg and comes back with money. What do you think has happened to Eva in this time period? Was she right for abandoning her children? Why or why not? Could Eva have survived if she hadn't left? Why or why not? Does Eva seem to be a strong person or one who is weak? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene that includes Chicken Little, Sula, and Nel. What happens in this scene? What do you think Sula and Nel both thought when he did not emerge from the water? Do they feel guilty about their actions at this point? Why or why not? Do you think Shadrack understands what has happened? Why or why not? What does this scene say about Sula?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)