|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
2. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is broken
(b) It is bent
(c) It is a different color
(d) Eva can not find it at first
3. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His papers
(b) His friend
(c) His boots
(d) His money
4. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
(a) Sula and some boys
(b) The Deweys
(c) Nel and her sister
(d) Nel and Sula
5. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
2. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
3. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
4. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
5. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the retirement home is renovated, what does this mean?
2. Why does Sula love the attention that Jude gives to Nel?
3. What has been sparked in Nel?
4. Why is Shadrack arrested after his release from the hospital?
5. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
6. Describe Sula and Nel in terms of their physical features and temperaments.
7. What is Nel taken aback by when she visits Eva?
8. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
9. Why does Nel act so cordial toward Sula after all these years?
10. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)