|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Heavy humidity
(b) Drier heat
2. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
3. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
4. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is beaten up
(b) He is ignored
(c) He is put into a straightjacket
(d) He is arrested
5. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Eva's husband?
2. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
3. Who is light skinned, strong and consistent?
4. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
5. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amazes Nel as she considered the way things have changed?
2. What is Sula's defense for the actions she has taken in her life?
3. Who are the characters who have always been known to 'be as one'?
4. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
5. Why does Sula love the attention that Jude gives to Nel?
6. What does Sula eventually do to Eva?
7. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
8. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
9. Why does Helene's grandmother want her away from Sundown House?
10. How would the neighborhood be described as in the past?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)