|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of funeral does Chicken Little have?
(b) Closed casket
(c) Open casket
(d) There is no funeral
2. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
3. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
(a) Threatens to commit suicide
(b) Sells fish
(d) Sees his children
4. Who works as a ship's cook?
(a) Wiley Wright
5. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A friend
(b) A book
(c) A waitress
(d) His meal
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
2. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
3. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
4. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
5. In whose house does Sula live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nel realize she feels about Chicken Little's death?
2. What is the newest interest of Sula and Nel as they go off on their random adventures?
3. What happens to Helene as she goes to see her grandmother?
4. What accompanies Sula when she returns to Medallion?
5. What are some signs that the Bottom is improving after Sula's death?
6. How does Shadrack's first encounter with the enemy go?
7. Who does Nel marry in this section?
8. Why do many people attend Sula's funeral?
9. What is Sula's defense for the actions she has taken in her life?
10. Why is Shadrack released from the hospital?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)