|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They blow away.
(b) They would wash down the hill
(c) They wouldn't sprout
(d) They would dry out
2. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One year
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) One day
3. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A parade of people in green
(b) A funeral with an open casket
(c) A wedding with a black dress
(d) A wedding in a red gown
4. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
5. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
2. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
3. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
4. Where does Helene move to?
5. When was Shadrack in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sula and Nel's ideas about where Sula should stay?
2. What is Shadrack given when he leaves the hospital after his year long stay?
3. Who are Eva's children in the novel "Sula?"
4. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
5. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
6. Why do many people attend Sula's funeral?
7. What causes Shadrack to be so frightened when he is in the hospital?
8. Who are the two characters who have become fast friends and why is this so strange?
9. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
10. Why does Sula love the attention that Jude gives to Nel?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)