|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
2. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
3. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
(b) Mr. Suggs
4. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They talked with others before accepting the deal
(b) They didn't believe it
(c) They ignored the farmer
(d) They begged for it
5. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(d) Tar Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eva Peace's relation to Sula?
2. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
3. Who does Nel strike up a friendship with?
4. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
5. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sula show her protectiveness when the boys approach her and Nel?
2. Why does Eva call the three children she's rescued from the street by one name?
3. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
4. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
5. What is the date of National Suicide Day?
6. How does Shadrack's first encounter with the enemy go?
7. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
8. What is the name of the town where the story takes place?
9. What is the newest interest of Sula and Nel as they go off on their random adventures?
10. What is the second strange thing that happens in the town?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)