Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year this holiday begins?
2. What does Sula fret over?
(a) Eva's behavior
(b) The Deweys
(c) The loss of Nel
(d) The newlyweds living at the house
3. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
4. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) His tent
(b) The barracks
(c) An empty street
5. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protector in her friendship?
2. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
3. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
4. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
5. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nel marry in this section?
2. What does Nel think about her grandmother?
3. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
4. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
5. Why does Nel act so cordial toward Sula after all these years?
6. Describe Sula and Nel in terms of their physical features and temperaments.
7. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
8. What did the farmer tell the slaves about the land?
9. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
10. What has been sparked in Nel?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)