|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(a) Chicken Little
2. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
3. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(d) Hard work
4. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
5. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) Some eggs
(b) A necklace
(c) A book
(d) A loaf of bread
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose house does Sula live?
2. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
3. What did the farmer compare the land to?
4. What is so special about the item in #97?
5. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the retirement home is renovated, what does this mean?
2. How does Shadrack's first encounter with the enemy go?
3. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
4. What is Shadrack given when he leaves the hospital after his year long stay?
5. What is the story of Tar Baby?
6. What has been sparked in Nel?
7. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
8. What happens to Teapot, the five year old boy that knocks on Sula's door?
9. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
10. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)