|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
(c) Mexico City
(d) New Orleans
2. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
(d) Mr. Suggs
3. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
(a) A bad marriage
(b) An abortion
(c) Helene's mother's wild blood
(d) A lost life
4. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) Ten years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Nine years
5. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
2. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
3. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
4. What is the problem with the answer to #103?
5. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
2. Why does Eva sit in a wagon?
3. Why do many people attend Sula's funeral?
4. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
5. Who are Eva's children in the novel "Sula?"
6. Why does Eva call the three children she's rescued from the street by one name?
7. What does Sula threaten when she is talking with Eva?
8. Why is Shadrack released from the hospital?
9. Why does Helene's grandmother want her away from Sundown House?
10. What has been sparked in Nel?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)