|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
2. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(c) Sweet Meadows
3. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She is afraid of the water
(b) She has never left home
(c) She doesn't like trains
(d) She doesn't want to travel alone
4. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They would wash down the hill
(b) They would dry out
(c) They wouldn't sprout
(d) They blow away.
5. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
2. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
3. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
4. Who is dark with unpredictable moments?
5. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
2. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
3. What is happening to Sula when Nel finally visits her for the first time in three years?
4. Why does Nel act so cordial toward Sula after all these years?
5. Why is Shadrack arrested after his release from the hospital?
6. What does Nel do because she is so upset about her interaction with Eva?
7. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
8. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
9. What does Sula overhear when she is using the toilet at her house?
10. What does Sula eventually do to Eva?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)