|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sula fret over?
(a) Eva's behavior
(b) The newlyweds living at the house
(c) The loss of Nel
(d) The Deweys
2. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Drier heat
(c) Heavy humidity
3. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
(a) Blessed Place
(b) Sundown House
(c) Runaround Bar
(d) Sunset Home
4. Who has a steady stream of lovers?
5. What is the year this holiday begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva accidentally sip?
2. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
3. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
4. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
5. Whose was an honorable death, according to Eva?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
2. What are some signs that the Bottom is improving after Sula's death?
3. What does Sula overhear when she is using the toilet at her house?
4. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
5. What is Eva's response when Sula comes to visit her?
6. Who are the two characters who have become fast friends and why is this so strange?
7. What is the story of Tar Baby?
8. When the retirement home is renovated, what does this mean?
9. What happens to Helene as she goes to see her grandmother?
10. What has been sparked in Nel?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)