|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
2. What is the newest theme of Sula and Nel's interest?
(a) Ice cream
3. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) An apartment complex
(b) A theme park
(c) A shopping mall
(d) A city golf course
4. Who is dark with unpredictable moments?
5. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
2. What did the farmer compare the land to?
3. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
4. What does Hannah take to her mother?
5. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the retirement home is renovated, what does this mean?
2. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
3. What is happening to Sula when Nel finally visits her for the first time in three years?
4. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
5. Who are Eva's children in the novel "Sula?"
6. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
7. Why is Shadrack released from the hospital?
8. What happens when the strong wind comes that is strange to the town? What usually happens?
9. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
10. Describe Sula and Nel in terms of their physical features and temperaments.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)