|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her sister's
(b) Her uncle's
(c) Her father's
(d) Her grandmother's
2. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 5
(b) January 4
(c) January 9
(d) January 3
3. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The hills
(b) The valley
(c) The fields
(d) The plains
4. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is in charge
(b) He is begging
(c) He is drunk
(d) He is a visitor
5. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) The weather
(b) Hannah's love for her
(c) The day of the week
(d) The signs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works as a ship's cook?
2. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
3. What is the problem with the answer to #103?
4. What does Hannah have a dream of?
5. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eva's response when Sula comes to visit her?
2. How does Sula show her protectiveness when the boys approach her and Nel?
3. What is Sula's defense for the actions she has taken in her life?
4. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
5. Who are Eva's children in the novel "Sula?"
6. What did the farmer tell the slaves about the land?
7. What does Hannah take to her mother on Thursday?
8. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
9. What is the second strange thing that happens in the town?
10. Why does Helene return to see her grandmother?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)