|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Peace, pain
(b) Black, white
(c) Laughter, pain
(d) Pain, Laughter
2. What is the newest theme of Sula and Nel's interest?
(b) Ice cream
3. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
(a) 22 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 1 mile
(d) He isn't driven anywhere
4. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) Sula choking the Deweys
(b) A storm cloud
(c) Nel running up to the house
(d) Hannah burning
5. Who finds Chicken Little's body?
(c) A bargeman
(d) Tar Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
2. What does Hannah take to her mother?
3. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
4. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
5. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chicken Little?
2. What turns Medallion 'silver'?
3. What amazes Nel as she considered the way things have changed?
4. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
5. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
6. Why does Helene return to see her grandmother?
7. What is the second strange thing that happens in the town?
8. What is Sula's defense for the actions she has taken in her life?
9. What is the date of National Suicide Day?
10. When the retirement home is renovated, what does this mean?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)