|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They ignored the farmer
(b) They begged for it
(c) They talked with others before accepting the deal
(d) They didn't believe it
2. What happens to the answer to #81?
(a) He yells at Sula
(b) He runs away from the girls
(c) He accidentally drowns
(d) He hurts his leg
3. What is the name of the ice cream parlor the girls frequent?
(a) Ellie's Soda and Ice Cream Shop
(b) Emma Lee's Ice Cream Parlor
(c) Edna May's Mighty Mellow Mart
(d) Edna Finch's Mellow House
4. What does Eva sit on?
(a) A stool
(b) A hammock
(c) A chair
(d) A wagon
5. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
2. What does Eva accidentally sip?
3. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
4. What does Sula fret over?
5. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amazes Nel as she considered the way things have changed?
2. What is the second strange thing that happens in the town?
3. What are some signs that the Bottom is improving after Sula's death?
4. What does Sula threaten when she is talking with Eva?
5. What does Nel do because she is so upset about her interaction with Eva?
6. What happens to Teapot, the five year old boy that knocks on Sula's door?
7. What happens to Chicken Little?
8. Why is Shadrack arrested after his release from the hospital?
9. Why does Helene return to see her grandmother?
10. What causes Shadrack to be so frightened when he is in the hospital?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)