|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sula fret over?
(a) The newlyweds living at the house
(b) The Deweys
(c) The loss of Nel
(d) Eva's behavior
2. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) The weather
(b) Hannah's love for her
(c) The day of the week
(d) The signs
3. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
(a) His feet
(b) His friend's eyes
(c) His plate
(d) His hands
4. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) His tent
(b) An empty street
(d) The barracks
5. What does Eva sit on?
(a) A hammock
(b) A stool
(c) A chair
(d) A wagon
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helene move to?
2. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
3. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
4. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
5. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Sula when Nel finally visits her for the first time in three years?
2. What are some of the rumors that begin to fly about Sula?
3. What is the story of Tar Baby?
4. What is Eva's response when Sula comes to visit her?
5. What does Nel think about her grandmother?
6. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
7. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
8. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
9. Why does Sula love the attention that Jude gives to Nel?
10. What are Sula and Nel's ideas about where Sula should stay?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)