|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
2. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
3. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
(a) Sula and some boys
(b) The Deweys
(c) Nel and Sula
(d) Nel and her sister
4. What did the farmer compare the land to?
5. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
(a) A vat of gravy
(b) A tub of tomatoes and water
(c) A bucket of ice
(d) A cup of lemonade
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. What is strange about Eva's comb?
4. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
5. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sula eventually do to Eva?
2. What turns Medallion 'silver'?
3. What does Hannah dream of after she cleans the beans for dinner and sees the Deweys with their laces tied together?
4. Why does Nel act so cordial toward Sula after all these years?
5. What is Shadrack given when he leaves the hospital after his year long stay?
6. What happens to Teapot, the five year old boy that knocks on Sula's door?
7. What was the problem with the land that the farmer gave away?
8. Who are the characters who have always been known to 'be as one'?
9. What is Nel taken aback by when she visits Eva?
10. What is happening to Sula when Nel finally visits her for the first time in three years?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)