|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) Veteran's Day
(c) Bottom Blessing Day
(d) National Suicide Day
2. Who could be described as proper and classy?
3. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(b) Sweet Meadows
4. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
(a) A bucket of ice
(b) A cup of lemonade
(c) A vat of gravy
(d) A tub of tomatoes and water
5. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
2. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
3. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
4. In whose house does Sula live?
5. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
2. What does Hannah take to her mother on Thursday?
3. What happens to Teapot, the five year old boy that knocks on Sula's door?
4. What did the farmer tell the slaves about the land?
5. What happens when the strong wind comes that is strange to the town? What usually happens?
6. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
7. What are some of the rumors that begin to fly about Sula?
8. Who does Nel marry in this section?
9. Why does Helene's grandmother want her away from Sundown House?
10. Why is Shadrack arrested after his release from the hospital?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)