|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
(a) Sometimes it happens
(d) I won't tell
2. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
3. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
4. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They didn't believe it
(b) They talked with others before accepting the deal
(c) They begged for it
(d) They ignored the farmer
5. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(c) None at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about Eva's comb?
2. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
3. In whose house does Sula live?
4. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
5. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
2. What does Sula eventually do to Eva?
3. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
4. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
5. What are Sula and Nel's ideas about where Sula should stay?
6. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
7. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
8. What does Nel think about her grandmother?
9. What does Nel do because she is so upset about her interaction with Eva?
10. What does Sula threaten when she is talking with Eva?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)