|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
(a) Italian immigrants
(b) Same as Nel
(c) German immigrants
(d) Irish immigrants
2. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(b) Chicken Little
3. Who could be described as proper and classy?
4. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
5. What does Sula fret over?
(a) The newlyweds living at the house
(b) Eva's behavior
(c) The loss of Nel
(d) The Deweys
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
2. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
3. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
4. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
5. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eva kill Plum, according to her?
2. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
3. What did the farmer tell the slaves about the land?
4. What has been sparked in Nel?
5. How would the neighborhood be described as in the past?
6. Why does Nel act so cordial toward Sula after all these years?
7. What causes Shadrack to be so frightened when he is in the hospital?
8. What does Sula overhear when she is using the toilet at her house?
9. Why does Helene get married to Wiley Wright?
10. What does Nel think about her grandmother?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)