|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with the answer to #103?
(b) It is too cold
(c) It creates steam and sears her
(d) It burns Hannah
2. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
(a) The wrong platform
(b) The wrong ship
(c) The wrong train
(d) The white car
3. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(b) None at all
4. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The Negroes
(b) The farmers
(c) The children
(d) The whites
5. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(b) Heavy humidity
(d) Drier heat
Short Answer Questions
1. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
2. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
3. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
4. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
5. Who does Eva credit with saving her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two characters who have become fast friends and why is this so strange?
2. What is Shadrack given when he leaves the hospital after his year long stay?
3. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
4. Why is Shadrack arrested after his release from the hospital?
5. What happens when the strong wind comes that is strange to the town? What usually happens?
6. What are some of the interesting things that others are noticing about Sula?
7. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
8. Describe Sula and Nel in terms of their physical features and temperaments.
9. What happened to BoyBoy, Eva's husband?
10. Why does Helene return to see her grandmother?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)