|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
2. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is begging
(c) He is in charge
(d) He is a visitor
3. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) A book
(b) A necklace
(c) A loaf of bread
(d) Some eggs
4. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
5. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Heavy humidity
(d) Drier heat
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
2. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
3. What is the year this holiday begins?
4. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
5. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Eva done to her house over the past five years?
2. What is the date of National Suicide Day?
3. What are Sula and Hannah's reputations among the women in regards to their attitudes toward men?
4. How did the people of the neighborhood named in #1 come to live there?
5. What does Eva have to say about Hannah's accusations?
6. What happens when the strong wind comes that is strange to the town? What usually happens?
7. What amazes Nel as she considered the way things have changed?
8. Why does Sula love the attention that Jude gives to Nel?
9. What neighborhood is "Sula" set in?
10. Who does Nel marry in this section?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)