Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year this holiday begins?
2. What does Sula fret over?
(a) Eva's behavior
(b) The Deweys
(c) The loss of Nel
(d) The newlyweds living at the house
3. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
4. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) His tent
(b) The barracks
(c) An empty street
5. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
6. Who is the protector in her friendship?
7. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
8. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
9. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(b) Drier heat
(c) Heavy humidity
10. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They wouldn't sprout
(b) They blow away.
(c) They would dry out
(d) They would wash down the hill
11. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
12. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
(a) His friend's eyes
(b) His plate
(c) His feet
(d) His hands
13. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They ignored the farmer
(b) They begged for it
(c) They didn't believe it
(d) They talked with others before accepting the deal
14. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
15. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
(a) A white farmer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chicken Little elated to tell about his afternoon with Sula and Nel?
2. What is the newest theme of Sula and Nel's interest?
3. Who has a steady stream of lovers?
4. Where does Helene move to?
5. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)