|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
2. What is the year this holiday begins?
3. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is bent
(b) It is a different color
(c) Eva can not find it at first
(d) It is broken
4. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His friend
(b) His money
(c) His papers
(d) His boots
5. What kind of funeral does Chicken Little have?
(b) Closed casket
(c) There is no funeral
(d) Open casket
6. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Drier heat
(d) Heavy humidity
7. Who witnessed the horrific burning?
(b) The Deweys
8. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two years
(c) Nine years
(d) One year
9. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A wedding with a black dress
(b) A wedding in a red gown
(c) A parade of people in green
(d) A funeral with an open casket
10. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
11. How long does Eva leave for?
(a) 2 months
(b) 12 months
(c) 10 months
(d) 18 months
12. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
13. What happens to the answer to #81?
(a) He runs away from the girls
(b) He accidentally drowns
(c) He yells at Sula
(d) He hurts his leg
14. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
15. Who finds Chicken Little's body?
(a) A bargeman
(b) Tar Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
2. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
3. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
4. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
5. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)