|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(b) Hard work
2. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) An empty street
(c) The barracks
(d) His tent
3. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
4. What does Eva sit on?
(a) A chair
(b) A hammock
(c) A wagon
(d) A stool
5. How many children does Eva have?
6. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
(b) Mexico City
(c) New Orleans
7. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
(d) Wiley Wright
8. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) Sula choking the Deweys
(b) Nel running up to the house
(c) Hannah burning
(d) A storm cloud
9. Who has a steady stream of lovers?
10. What is the year this holiday begins?
11. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
(b) Mrs. Suggs
12. What does Sula threaten the Deweys with?
(a) Cutting them with a knife
(b) Not feeding them
(c) Telling on them
(d) Giving them a bath
13. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) A dream
(b) A hallucination
(c) A joke
(d) The ending
14. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(a) The farmer
15. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
2. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
3. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
4. Who was Eva's husband?
5. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)