|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They ignored the farmer
(b) They talked with others before accepting the deal
(c) They begged for it
(d) They didn't believe it
2. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
3. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
(a) His feet
(b) His friend's eyes
(c) His plate
(d) His hands
4. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is beaten up
(b) He is ignored
(c) He is arrested
(d) He is put into a straightjacket
5. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His friend
(b) His boots
(c) His money
(d) His papers
6. How old is Sula when Chicken Little dies?
7. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
(a) Mr. Suggs
8. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
(a) Mrs. Suggs
9. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Swings the weapon at them
(b) Hurts one of the boys
(c) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(d) Fires the gun
10. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Drier heat
(d) Heavy humidity
11. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(c) Hard work
12. Where does Helene move to?
(d) New Orleans
13. Who is light skinned, strong and consistent?
14. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) Eva can not find it at first
(b) It is a different color
(c) It is broken
(d) It is bent
15. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) Sula choking the Deweys
(b) Nel running up to the house
(c) Hannah burning
(d) A storm cloud
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
4. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
5. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)