|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) The ending
(b) A hallucination
(c) A joke
(d) A dream
2. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
3. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(d) Tar Baby
4. Who could be described as proper and classy?
5. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
(a) The Deweys
(b) Sula and some boys
(c) Nel and Sula
(d) Nel and her sister
6. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) Hannah's love for her
(b) The weather
(c) The day of the week
(d) The signs
7. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
(a) A white farmer
8. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
(a) The white car
(b) The wrong platform
(c) The wrong train
(d) The wrong ship
9. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
(a) A month
(b) 3 days
(c) 2 days
(d) 3 hours
10. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
11. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
12. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her grandmother's
(c) Her sister's
(d) Her uncle's
13. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) Hannah burning
(b) Sula choking the Deweys
(c) Nel running up to the house
(d) A storm cloud
14. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They would dry out
(b) They would wash down the hill
(c) They wouldn't sprout
(d) They blow away.
15. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is a different color
(b) It is broken
(c) It is bent
(d) Eva can not find it at first
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva accidentally sip?
2. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
3. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
4. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
5. What does Sula fret over?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)