|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(d) Sweet Meadows
2. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
3. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) Some eggs
(b) A loaf of bread
(c) A book
(d) A necklace
4. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(a) None at all
5. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The hills
(b) The plains
(c) The fields
(d) The valley
6. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(a) Drier heat
(c) Heavy humidity
7. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
(a) In the mirror
(b) In the toilet water
(c) In a plate
(d) In a spoon
8. Who is light skinned, strong and consistent?
9. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
10. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) Hannah's love for her
(b) The day of the week
(c) The signs
(d) The weather
11. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
(a) A gun
(b) A bat
(c) A slingshot
(d) A paring knife
12. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 9
(b) January 4
(c) January 5
(d) January 3
13. Where does Pearl move to?
14. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A funeral with an open casket
(b) A wedding in a red gown
(c) A parade of people in green
(d) A wedding with a black dress
15. What happens to the answer to #81?
(a) He accidentally drowns
(b) He runs away from the girls
(c) He yells at Sula
(d) He hurts his leg
Short Answer Questions
1. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
2. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
3. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
4. Who is the protector in her friendship?
5. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)