|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
2. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(b) Tar Baby
3. What does Eva sit on?
(a) A chair
(b) A wagon
(c) A hammock
(d) A stool
4. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(a) None at all
5. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(a) Chicken Little
6. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(b) The farmer
7. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One year
(b) One day
(c) A week
(d) A month
8. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
(a) Missing out
9. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is put into a straightjacket
(b) He is arrested
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is beaten up
10. Who works as a ship's cook?
(a) Wiley Wright
11. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) Two years
(b) One year
(c) Nine years
(d) Ten years
12. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The valley
(b) The hills
(c) The fields
(d) The plains
13. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
14. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Black, white
(b) Laughter, pain
(c) Pain, Laughter
(d) Peace, pain
15. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
2. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
3. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
4. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
5. What is strange about Eva's comb?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)