|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His papers
(b) His money
(c) His boots
(d) His friend
2. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(d) Tar Baby
3. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
(a) The wrong train
(b) The wrong platform
(c) The wrong ship
(d) The white car
4. When was Shadrack in the war?
5. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
(a) Missing out
6. Who does Eva credit with saving her life?
(b) An orderly
7. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
8. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
(a) Mrs. Suggs
9. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) A week
(b) One year
(c) One day
(d) A month
10. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
(a) 3 days
(b) 3 hours
(c) 2 days
(d) A month
11. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) Bottom Blessing Day
(b) National Suicide Day
(c) Veteran's Day
(d) New Year's Day
12. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
(d) A white farmer
13. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
14. What kind of funeral does Chicken Little have?
(a) Closed casket
(b) There is no funeral
(c) Open casket
15. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
(c) I won't tell
(d) Sometimes it happens
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
2. Who works as a ship's cook?
3. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
4. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
5. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)