|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(d) None at all
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
4. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Fires the gun
(b) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(c) Swings the weapon at them
(d) Hurts one of the boys
5. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(d) Tar Baby
6. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(c) Chicken Little
7. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
(a) A bucket of ice
(b) A cup of lemonade
(c) A vat of gravy
(d) A tub of tomatoes and water
8. Where does Pearl move to?
9. What happens to the answer to #81?
(a) He hurts his leg
(b) He runs away from the girls
(c) He accidentally drowns
(d) He yells at Sula
10. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
11. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
(a) Runaround Bar
(b) Sundown House
(c) Blessed Place
(d) Sunset Home
12. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is bent
(b) Eva can not find it at first
(c) It is broken
(d) It is a different color
13. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) A joke
(b) A hallucination
(c) A dream
(d) The ending
14. Who is Chicken Little elated to tell about his afternoon with Sula and Nel?
(a) His sister
(b) His dad
(c) No one
(d) His brother
15. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A waitress
(b) A book
(c) His meal
(d) A friend
Short Answer Questions
1. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
2. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
3. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
4. What is the name of the ice cream parlor the girls frequent?
5. What is so special about the item in #97?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)