|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) A city golf course
(b) An apartment complex
(c) A theme park
(d) A shopping mall
2. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(b) Sweet Meadows
3. Who witnessed the horrific burning?
(c) The Deweys
4. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
5. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) A book
(b) Some eggs
(c) A loaf of bread
(d) A necklace
6. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
(d) Wiley Wright
7. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
(a) 3 days
(b) 2 days
(c) A month
(d) 3 hours
8. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 9
(b) January 4
(c) January 3
(d) January 5
9. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) Veteran's Day
(b) Bottom Blessing Day
(c) National Suicide Day
(d) New Year's Day
10. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
(a) 1 mile
(b) He isn't driven anywhere
(c) 22 miles
(d) 10 miles
11. Where does Pearl move to?
12. When was Shadrack in the war?
13. How many children does Eva have?
14. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(d) The farmer
15. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A friend
(b) A book
(c) His meal
(d) A waitress
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works as a ship's cook?
2. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
3. What does Eva sit on?
4. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
5. What does Sula threaten the Deweys with?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)