|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her sister's
(b) Her grandmother's
(c) Her father's
(d) Her uncle's
2. Who is the protector in her friendship?
3. What did the farmer compare the land to?
4. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(b) None at all
5. How old is Sula when Chicken Little dies?
6. What does Hannah discover about the answer to #69?
(a) He was dishonorably discharged
(b) He never went to battle
(c) He is gay
(d) He is using drugs
7. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(a) Tar Baby
8. How long did it take for Eva to build her house?
(a) 1 year
(b) 5 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 10 years
9. What does the strong wind bring, which is strange to the town?
(c) Heavy humidity
(d) Drier heat
10. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
11. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
12. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
13. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(d) Sweet Meadows
14. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
(a) In a spoon
(b) In the mirror
(c) In the toilet water
(d) In a plate
15. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She doesn't like trains
(b) She has never left home
(c) She is afraid of the water
(d) She doesn't want to travel alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about Eva's comb?
2. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
3. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
4. What does Hannah have a dream of?
5. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)