|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
(a) Runaround Bar
(b) Sunset Home
(c) Sundown House
(d) Blessed Place
2. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(b) Hurts one of the boys
(c) Fires the gun
(d) Swings the weapon at them
3. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
(b) Mrs. Suggs
4. What does Hannah discover about the answer to #69?
(a) He was dishonorably discharged
(b) He never went to battle
(c) He is gay
(d) He is using drugs
5. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) Ten years
(d) Nine years
6. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
7. Who finds Chicken Little's body?
(a) Tar Baby
(c) A bargeman
8. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
9. How many children does Eva have?
10. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
11. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
12. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(a) Sweet Meadows
13. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) A book
(b) A loaf of bread
(c) A necklace
(d) Some eggs
14. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His money
(b) His papers
(c) His boots
(d) His friend
15. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
2. Where does Helene move to?
3. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
4. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
5. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)