|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) A theme park
(b) A shopping mall
(c) A city golf course
(d) An apartment complex
2. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her grandmother's
(b) Her sister's
(c) Her uncle's
(d) Her father's
3. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is in charge
(b) He is a visitor
(c) He is begging
(d) He is drunk
4. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
5. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(d) Hard work
6. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
7. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
8. Who does Eva credit with saving her life?
(a) An orderly
9. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) An empty street
(c) His tent
(d) The barracks
10. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
11. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
12. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) A necklace
(b) A loaf of bread
(c) Some eggs
(d) A book
13. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His boots
(b) His papers
(c) His money
(d) His friend
14. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
15. What is Eva Peace's relation to Sula?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
2. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
3. How old is Sula when Chicken Little dies?
4. What does Sula fret over?
5. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)