|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She doesn't like trains
(b) She has never left home
(c) She is afraid of the water
(d) She doesn't want to travel alone
2. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(c) Chicken Little
3. Where does Pearl move to?
4. Who finds Chicken Little's body?
(a) Tar Baby
(b) A bargeman
5. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
(a) His feet
(b) His friend's eyes
(c) His plate
(d) His hands
6. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
7. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 4
(b) January 5
(c) January 9
(d) January 3
8. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A parade of people in green
(b) A funeral with an open casket
(c) A wedding in a red gown
(d) A wedding with a black dress
9. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The hills
(b) The plains
(c) The valley
(d) The fields
10. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A book
(b) A waitress
(c) His meal
(d) A friend
11. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) Ten years
(d) Nine years
12. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
(a) A slingshot
(b) A gun
(c) A bat
(d) A paring knife
13. Who is the protector in her friendship?
14. What does Eva accidentally sip?
(a) Medicine water
(b) A drug tincture
(c) Blood tainted water
15. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One day
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) One year
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. What kind of funeral does Chicken Little have?
4. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
5. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)