|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
2. What is the year this holiday begins?
3. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
4. What does Eva accidentally sip?
(a) A drug tincture
(b) Medicine water
(c) Blood tainted water
5. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
(a) Sees his children
(b) Threatens to commit suicide
(c) Sells fish
6. What is so special about the item in #97?
(a) It is fresh made
(b) It is about Eva
(c) It was crafted by Hannah
(d) No whites for luck
7. What does Eva douse Plum with?
8. What is the name of the ice cream parlor the girls frequent?
(a) Edna Finch's Mellow House
(b) Edna May's Mighty Mellow Mart
(c) Emma Lee's Ice Cream Parlor
(d) Ellie's Soda and Ice Cream Shop
9. How many children does Eva have?
10. What do Nel and Helene get on by accident?
(a) The wrong platform
(b) The white car
(c) The wrong train
(d) The wrong ship
11. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
(a) A cup of lemonade
(b) A tub of tomatoes and water
(c) A bucket of ice
(d) A vat of gravy
12. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
13. Who finds Chicken Little's body?
(b) A bargeman
(d) Tar Baby
14. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
(a) Wiley Wright
15. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(d) The farmer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
2. Where does Helene move to?
3. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
4. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
5. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)