|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
2. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A parade of people in green
(b) A funeral with an open casket
(c) A wedding in a red gown
(d) A wedding with a black dress
3. Whose was an honorable death, according to Eva?
(c) Chicken Little's
4. What is so special about the item in #97?
(a) No whites for luck
(b) It is fresh made
(c) It was crafted by Hannah
(d) It is about Eva
5. What is Eva Peace's relation to Sula?
6. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
7. How long does Eva leave for?
(a) 12 months
(b) 10 months
(c) 18 months
(d) 2 months
8. What is the name of the child who becomes constipated?
9. Who is playing chain gang by tying their laces together?
(a) Nel and Sula
(b) Sula and some boys
(c) Nel and her sister
(d) The Deweys
10. Who does Eva credit with saving her life?
(b) An orderly
11. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They ignored the farmer
(b) They didn't believe it
(c) They begged for it
(d) They talked with others before accepting the deal
12. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(b) Hurts one of the boys
(c) Swings the weapon at them
(d) Fires the gun
13. What does Hannah discover about the answer to #69?
(a) He is gay
(b) He was dishonorably discharged
(c) He never went to battle
(d) He is using drugs
14. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
(a) Same as Nel
(b) Italian immigrants
(c) German immigrants
(d) Irish immigrants
15. What is the problem with the answer to #103?
(b) It creates steam and sears her
(c) It burns Hannah
(d) It is too cold
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
2. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
3. Who does Eva give 10 dollars to when she picks up her kids?
4. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
5. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)