|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(c) Chicken Little
2. What does the neighbor dump onto Hannah?
(a) A tub of tomatoes and water
(b) A cup of lemonade
(c) A vat of gravy
(d) A bucket of ice
3. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
4. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(b) Swings the weapon at them
(c) Fires the gun
(d) Hurts one of the boys
5. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
6. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A wedding with a black dress
(b) A funeral with an open casket
(c) A parade of people in green
(d) A wedding in a red gown
7. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
8. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The whites
(b) The children
(c) The farmers
(d) The Negroes
9. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) The signs
(b) Hannah's love for her
(c) The weather
(d) The day of the week
10. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(b) Tar Baby
11. What does the strong wind usually bring normally to the area?
12. How long does it take to find the body of Chicken Little?
(a) A month
(b) 2 days
(c) 3 hours
(d) 3 days
13. When was Shadrack in the war?
14. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
(a) A paring knife
(b) A gun
(c) A bat
(d) A slingshot
15. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) His meal
(b) A friend
(c) A waitress
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
2. Where does Pearl move to?
3. What is so special about the item in #97?
4. In whose house does Sula live?
5. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)