|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
2. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
3. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Laughter, pain
(b) Black, white
(c) Peace, pain
(d) Pain, Laughter
4. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her father's
(b) Her grandmother's
(c) Her uncle's
(d) Her sister's
5. Who was Eva's husband?
6. Eva enjoys male callers for gossiping and _________.
7. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) Eva can not find it at first
(b) It is a different color
(c) It is broken
(d) It is bent
8. When was Shadrack in the war?
9. How long does Eva leave for?
(a) 12 months
(b) 18 months
(c) 10 months
(d) 2 months
10. What is so special about the item in #97?
(a) It is fresh made
(b) No whites for luck
(c) It is about Eva
(d) It was crafted by Hannah
11. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is ignored
(b) He is put into a straightjacket
(c) He is arrested
(d) He is beaten up
12. Who is dark with unpredictable moments?
13. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
14. What does Sula threaten the Deweys with?
(a) Giving them a bath
(b) Telling on them
(c) Not feeding them
(d) Cutting them with a knife
15. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) A storm cloud
(b) Sula choking the Deweys
(c) Hannah burning
(d) Nel running up to the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year this holiday begins?
2. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
3. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
4. Who says that she loves Sula, but she does not like her?
5. Who works as a ship's cook?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)