|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The plains
(b) The fields
(c) The valley
(d) The hills
2. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(c) Hard work
3. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is begging
(b) He is drunk
(c) He is in charge
(d) He is a visitor
4. What does Hannah take to her mother?
(a) A necklace
(b) A book
(c) Some eggs
(d) A loaf of bread
5. Who comes up to the girls as he is picking his nose?
(c) Chicken Little
6. What does Hannah have a dream of?
(a) A funeral with an open casket
(b) A wedding in a red gown
(c) A parade of people in green
(d) A wedding with a black dress
7. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They would dry out
(b) They wouldn't sprout
(c) They would wash down the hill
(d) They blow away.
8. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) His meal
(b) A friend
(c) A waitress
(d) A book
9. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
10. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
11. How old is Sula when Chicken Little dies?
12. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(b) None at all
13. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
14. Who does Nel strike up a friendship with?
15. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is a different color
(b) Eva can not find it at first
(c) It is bent
(d) It is broken
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
2. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
3. Who could be described as proper and classy?
4. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
5. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)