|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One day
(b) A month
(c) A week
(d) One year
2. What is the name of the ice cream parlor the girls frequent?
(a) Edna Finch's Mellow House
(b) Ellie's Soda and Ice Cream Shop
(c) Emma Lee's Ice Cream Parlor
(d) Edna May's Mighty Mellow Mart
3. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) An apartment complex
(b) A shopping mall
(c) A theme park
(d) A city golf course
4. How long does Eva leave for?
(a) 10 months
(b) 18 months
(c) 12 months
(d) 2 months
5. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(a) Tar Baby
6. How many days out of 16 is the answer to #40 home?
7. What is so special about the item in #97?
(a) It was crafted by Hannah
(b) It is fresh made
(c) It is about Eva
(d) No whites for luck
8. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is begging
(c) He is a visitor
(d) He is in charge
9. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
10. What does Hannah discover about the answer to #69?
(a) He never went to battle
(b) He is using drugs
(c) He was dishonorably discharged
(d) He is gay
11. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
12. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is broken
(b) Eva can not find it at first
(c) It is a different color
(d) It is bent
13. Who is the protector in her friendship?
14. What did the farmer compare the land to?
15. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 4
(b) January 9
(c) January 5
(d) January 3
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eva accidentally sip?
2. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
3. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
4. Who does Nel strike up a friendship with?
5. Who asks her mother if she really loved her children?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)