|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eva say she didn't notice that caused her to have poor judgment?
(a) Hannah's love for her
(b) The weather
(c) The day of the week
(d) The signs
2. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
(b) A white farmer
3. Who is dark with unpredictable moments?
4. Who witnessed the horrific burning?
(d) The Deweys
5. Eva rescues three children from the street, but what does she call them all?
6. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) An empty street
(c) His tent
(d) The barracks
7. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(a) The farmer
8. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
(c) Mexico City
(d) New Orleans
9. What is so special about the item in #97?
(a) No whites for luck
(b) It was crafted by Hannah
(c) It is fresh made
(d) It is about Eva
10. What is strange about Eva's comb?
(a) It is bent
(b) It is a different color
(c) Eva can not find it at first
(d) It is broken
11. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
12. What does Eva sit on?
(a) A wagon
(b) A chair
(c) A hammock
(d) A stool
13. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
(a) Helene's mother's wild blood
(b) A bad marriage
(c) An abortion
(d) A lost life
14. What does Sula threaten the boys with?
(a) A slingshot
(b) A gun
(c) A paring knife
(d) A bat
15. What is the name of the ice cream parlor the girls frequent?
(a) Edna Finch's Mellow House
(b) Edna May's Mighty Mellow Mart
(c) Ellie's Soda and Ice Cream Shop
(d) Emma Lee's Ice Cream Parlor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
2. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. Who is light skinned, strong and consistent?
5. What is the newest theme of Sula and Nel's interest?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)