|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
(a) A lost life
(b) Helene's mother's wild blood
(c) An abortion
(d) A bad marriage
2. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
(a) Mexico City
(d) New Orleans
3. Where does Helene move to?
(b) New Orleans
4. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
5. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(d) None at all
6. Who was Eva's husband?
7. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
(a) German immigrants
(b) Italian immigrants
(c) Irish immigrants
(d) Same as Nel
8. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) His tent
(b) An empty street
(d) The barracks
9. What is the only response of Shadrack to Sula?
(a) Sometimes it happens
(c) I won't tell
10. What did the farmer compare the land to?
11. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
(b) Mr. Suggs
12. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
13. Who works as a ship's cook?
(a) Wiley Wright
14. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
15. In whose house does Sula live?
(a) Her uncle's
(b) Her sister's
(c) Her grandmother's
(d) Her father's
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
2. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
3. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
4. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
5. What does Hannah take to her mother?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)