|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1940.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
2. What does Sula fret over?
(a) The Deweys
(b) The loss of Nel
(c) Eva's behavior
(d) The newlyweds living at the house
3. What kind of role does the groom feel he will have when he marries Nel?
(a) A manly role
(b) A dominant role
(c) A society accepted role
(d) A submissive role
4. What does Eva see as she looks out the window after getting the comb?
(a) A storm cloud
(b) Nel running up to the house
(c) Hannah burning
(d) Sula choking the Deweys
5. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She is afraid of the water
(b) She doesn't want to travel alone
(c) She has never left home
(d) She doesn't like trains
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose house does Sula live?
2. Helene tells her daughter she does not speak ________ and never will.
3. What is strange about Eva's comb?
4. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
5. Who is the boy who comes to Sula's door to ask for bottles?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)