|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1923.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is begging
(b) He is drunk
(c) He is a visitor
(d) He is in charge
2. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) Bottom Blessing Day
(b) National Suicide Day
(c) Veteran's Day
(d) New Year's Day
3. Who is light skinned, strong and consistent?
4. Who works as a ship's cook?
(c) Wiley Wright
5. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The Negroes
(b) The children
(c) The farmers
(d) The whites
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
2. Who witnessed the horrific burning?
3. Who was Eva's husband?
4. How long did it take for Eva to build her house?
5. What is the year this holiday begins?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)