|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1920.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
(a) Missing out
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. When was Shadrack in the war?
4. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(a) None at all
5. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They didn't believe it
(b) They begged for it
(c) They ignored the farmer
(d) They talked with others before accepting the deal
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
2. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
3. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
4. Whose house is classy, proper, and clean?
5. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)