|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1920.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
2. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Peace, pain
(b) Laughter, pain
(c) Black, white
(d) Pain, Laughter
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
(a) Sunset Home
(b) Blessed Place
(c) Sundown House
(d) Runaround Bar
5. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(b) None at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
2. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
3. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
4. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
5. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)