|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1920.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
(a) Mexico City
(d) New Orleans
2. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is put into a straightjacket
(b) He is ignored
(c) He is beaten up
(d) He is arrested
3. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She doesn't like trains
(b) She has never left home
(c) She is afraid of the water
(d) She doesn't want to travel alone
4. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) A dream
(b) A joke
(c) A hallucination
(d) The ending
5. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the trip as a way to begin being an individual?
2. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
3. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
4. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
5. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)