|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1920.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(a) None at all
2. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Pain, Laughter
(b) Laughter, pain
(c) Peace, pain
(d) Black, white
3. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They would wash down the hill
(b) They would dry out
(c) They wouldn't sprout
(d) They blow away.
4. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
5. What did the farmer compare the land to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
2. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
3. Whose grandmother is trying to keep her away from a certain place?
4. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
5. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)