|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 3
(b) January 5
(c) January 4
(d) January 9
2. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is a visitor
(b) He is drunk
(c) He is in charge
(d) He is begging
3. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(c) Hard work
4. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Peace, pain
(b) Laughter, pain
(c) Pain, Laughter
(d) Black, white
5. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(c) Sweet Meadows
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
2. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
3. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
4. What is the year this holiday begins?
5. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)