|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The plains
(b) The valley
(c) The hills
(d) The fields
2. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
3. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) National Suicide Day
(b) Veteran's Day
(c) Bottom Blessing Day
(d) New Year's Day
4. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) A month
(b) A week
(c) One year
(d) One day
5. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
2. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
3. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
4. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
5. When was Shadrack in the war?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)