|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
(d) Sweet Meadows
2. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One day
(b) A month
(c) One year
(d) A week
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Peace, pain
(b) Black, white
(c) Pain, Laughter
(d) Laughter, pain
5. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The valley
(b) The hills
(c) The fields
(d) The plains
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
2. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
3. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
4. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
5. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)