|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is beaten up
(b) He is put into a straightjacket
(c) He is arrested
(d) He is ignored
2. What is the year this holiday begins?
3. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Laughter, pain
(b) Peace, pain
(c) Black, white
(d) Pain, Laughter
4. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
5. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
2. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
3. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
4. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
5. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)