|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
2. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is a visitor
(c) He is in charge
(d) He is begging
3. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The children
(b) The whites
(c) The Negroes
(d) The farmers
4. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
(c) Missing out
5. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A waitress
(b) His meal
(c) A book
(d) A friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
2. When was Shadrack in the war?
3. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
4. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
5. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)