|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
2. How long was Shadrack in the hospital when he was?
(a) One day
(b) One year
(c) A month
(d) A week
3. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
(a) In a plate
(b) In the mirror
(c) In a spoon
(d) In the toilet water
4. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) National Suicide Day
(c) Veteran's Day
(d) Bottom Blessing Day
5. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
(c) A white farmer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
2. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
3. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
4. What did the farmer compare the land to?
5. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)