|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
2. What holiday begins at the start of January in the town?
(a) Bottom Blessing Day
(b) New Year's Day
(c) National Suicide Day
(d) Veteran's Day
3. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They didn't believe it
(b) They begged for it
(c) They ignored the farmer
(d) They talked with others before accepting the deal
4. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A waitress
(b) A book
(c) A friend
(d) His meal
5. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The hills
(b) The fields
(c) The plains
(d) The valley
Short Answer Questions
1. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
2. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
3. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
4. When was Shadrack in the war?
5. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)