|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is arrested
(b) He is put into a straightjacket
(c) He is beaten up
(d) He is ignored
2. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The farmers
(b) The children
(c) The Negroes
(d) The whites
3. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
(a) Peace, pain
(b) Black, white
(c) Laughter, pain
(d) Pain, Laughter
4. Who only sees the happiness in the town?
(c) The farmer
5. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
2. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
3. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
4. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
5. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)