|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
2. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
(b) None at all
3. What do people assume as Shadrack is walking down the road?
(a) He is drunk
(b) He is in charge
(c) He is a visitor
(d) He is begging
4. When Shadrack has his first encounter with the enemy, he feels the bite of the ________ in his boot.
5. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His papers
(b) His friend
(c) His money
(d) His boots
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shadrack look at his reflection?
2. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
3. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
4. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
5. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)