|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Shadrack's hometown?
2. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His money
(b) His papers
(c) His friend
(d) His boots
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
5. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
(a) The children
(b) The farmers
(c) The whites
(d) The Negroes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
2. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
3. What kind of work would it take to make the land productive?
4. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
5. The idea behind this town is that there is ________ on the outside, but _______ on the inside.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)