|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1919.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is Shadrack given after his release?
2. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A book
(b) His meal
(c) A waitress
(d) A friend
3. What is the actual date of the holiday mentioned in #19?
(a) January 3
(b) January 9
(c) January 4
(d) January 5
4. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) A hallucination
(b) The ending
(c) A joke
(d) A dream
5. What is the result of Shadrack's panic after the incident in #27?
(a) He is arrested
(b) He is beaten up
(c) He is ignored
(d) He is put into a straightjacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
2. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which most of the story takes place?
4. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
5. Who promised freedom to the slaves?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)