|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1920.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) Nine years
(b) Two years
(c) Ten years
(d) One year
2. The neighborhood used to be where people would hear singing and music and see what?
(d) Hard work
3. What frustrates Shadrack so much that he begins to cry?
(a) His papers
(b) His boots
(c) His friend
(d) His money
4. What is the town being destroyed to make room for?
(a) A shopping mall
(b) A city golf course
(c) An apartment complex
(d) A theme park
5. This neighborhood of the town started off as a "________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The farmer told the slaves that the ______ were the best part of the land.
2. The land is so beautiful that the people often wondered if the farmer was not __________.
3. What is the name of the town in which the story takes place?
4. Who shows up and is pressured into marrying Helene?
5. When does Helene travel to see her dying grandmother?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)