|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1940.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word Sula uses to describe Shadrack's house?
2. Why is Helene nervous about traveling?
(a) She has never left home
(b) She doesn't like trains
(c) She is afraid of the water
(d) She doesn't want to travel alone
3. What kind of prescription does Sula need?
(b) Pain killers
(c) Mood elevators
4. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
(a) They didn't believe it
(b) They begged for it
(c) They ignored the farmer
(d) They talked with others before accepting the deal
5. What does Sula do that convinces the boys of her threat?
(a) Swings the weapon at them
(b) Fires the gun
(c) Cuts off the tip of her own finger
(d) Hurts one of the boys
Short Answer Questions
1. Sula has Eva _________.
2. Everything that everyone does is a sign they love __________.
3. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
4. What is the problem with the answer to #103?
5. Who could be described as proper and classy?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)