|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1940.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose was an honorable death, according to Eva?
(a) Chicken Little's
2. What word does Nel want Helene to translate for her?
3. Where did the white farmer say the land was fertile and rich, so the slaves should go there, even though that's not where they ended up?
(a) The fields
(b) The hills
(c) The plains
(d) The valley
4. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
(a) Tar Baby
5. Who does Shadrack tip his hat to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of the boys who threaten Nel?
2. What did the slaves do when they heard about the fertile land?
3. What is so special about the item in #97?
4. What place is this grandmother trying to keep the woman away from?
5. Why is Sula unrepentant about her affair? Why does she think Nel should just get over it?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)