|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1921.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of the novel is unique because it's actually _______.
(a) A joke
(b) A dream
(c) The ending
(d) A hallucination
2. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
(a) An abortion
(b) A lost life
(c) Helene's mother's wild blood
(d) A bad marriage
3. What begins to grow when Shadrack realizes where he is?
(a) His feet
(b) His friend's eyes
(c) His plate
(d) His hands
4. Who goes to war in 1917 and is never the same after he returns?
(c) Mr. Suggs
5. What is waiting for Shadrack when he wakes up?
(a) A friend
(b) A book
(c) His meal
(d) A waitress
Short Answer Questions
1. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
2. What does Shadrack do on Tuesdays and Fridays?
3. Who is the half white, possibly all white tenant that comes to Eva's in 1921?
4. How far is Shadrack driven in order to get back home?
5. In whose house does Sula live?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)