|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1921.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shadrack find himself when he opens his eyes?
(a) The barracks
(c) An empty street
(d) His tent
2. How long into marriage does Helene have a daughter?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two years
(c) Nine years
(d) One year
3. What happened to the seeds when the people would try to farm in this new land?
(a) They would wash down the hill
(b) They would dry out
(c) They wouldn't sprout
(d) They blow away.
4. What does this grandmother want to prevent?
(a) An abortion
(b) A lost life
(c) A bad marriage
(d) Helene's mother's wild blood
5. The slaves did the work and then asked for the "_________."
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose house does Sula live?
2. What does Eva douse Plum with?
3. Where do Helene and Nel travel to?
4. Who lives in the neighborhood that is the answer to #1?
5. What does Shadrack remember the river being full of?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)