Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* The neighborhood of Bottom is being destroyed to make room for a golf course
* This is the part of town where the Negroes lived.
* This land was given to the slaves by a farmer when they were freed.
* National Suicide Day is on January 3, 1920.
* Shadrack returns home from war not knowing what to...
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)