* The neighborhood of Bottom is being destroyed to make room for a golf course
* This is the part of town where the Negroes lived.
* This land was given to the slaves by a farmer when they were freed.
* National Suicide Day is on January 3, 1920.
* Shadrack returns home from war not knowing what to do with himself.
* Shadrack is in the hospital and is having troubles with his sanity.
* Shadrack is set 'free' from the hospital because they need the bed.
* Shadrack is arrested along the way as he appears to be intoxicated because of the weakness that results from his long hospital stay.
* The sheriff gets a farmer to drive Shadrack to his home in Bottom.
* Shadrack comes up with the idea for National Suicide Day, though the rest of the town ignores it.
* Helene's grandmother wants her to stay away from the Sundown House.
* Helene is...
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)