|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
2. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
5. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
Essay Topic 1
Sam and Rose's relationships deepens as the play progresses.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to their relationship? Why?
Part 3) How does their separation from one another at the end of the play reflect their relationship at the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Maurrant is an angry, miserable character.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior affect his relationships with others?
Part 3) Compare and contrast his behavior throughout the play to his behavior at the end of the play.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)