|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when her daughter implies that Mr. Maurrant may be more kind, if her mother would not have a relationship with someone outside this marriage?
2. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
3. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
4. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
5. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
Essay Topic 2
This play was written in 1929.
Part 1) What can you gather about this time period, based on information in the play?
Part 2) How could audiences in 1929 relate to this play?
Part 3) How can viewers today still connect with the characters and plot of this play?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey are in a relationship.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) What are the other tenants' thoughts on this? Why?
Part 3) Why does Mrs. Maurrant risk her reputation, marriage, and ultimately her life to be with Mr. Sankey? What does this say about the pursuit of happiness?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)