Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
2. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
5. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
Mr. Maurrant shoots and kills both his wife and Mr. Sankey.
Part 1) Why does he murder them?
Part 2) What clues earlier in the play foreshadowed this action?
Part 3) How do various neighbors react to this event? Why do they react this way?
The neighbors believe Mrs. Maurrant is somewhat at fault for Mr. Maurrant's actions.
Part 1) Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Do they take her mental state into consideration? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this attitude reflect the role of women in the late 1920s?
Sounds are a constant in this play.
Part 1) What types of sounds are heard? Why?
Part 2) How might these sounds affect the viewer? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe these sounds would enhance or detract from the play? Why?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)