|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
2. What does Sam think about God?
3. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
4. What is Sam repeatedly trying to find out?
5. Where does Mr. Easter suggest they go after the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Newspaper and tabloids are carried and discussed.
Part 1) What is the purpose of this media?
Part 2) How does it stir up the community?
Part 3) How does the media today serve a similar purpose as the media then?
Essay Topic 2
The characters interact like a family.
Part 1) How do they interact like a family?
Part 2) What has brought them together as a family-like unit?
Part 3) Do they care for one another throughout the entire play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The women sit on the stoop and gossip throughout the play.
Part 1) About what do they gossip?
Part 2) Why do they gossip?
Part 3) How might their gossiping affect their relationships with others? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)