|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
2. What happens after another shot is heard?
3. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
4. What does Mr. Maurrant look like as he emerges from the building?
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter that sometimes she thinks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sounds are a constant in this play.
Part 1) What types of sounds are heard? Why?
Part 2) How might these sounds affect the viewer? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe these sounds would enhance or detract from the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)