|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
2. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
3. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
4. What does Fred yell at the crowd?
5. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she needs in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters interact like a family.
Part 1) How do they interact like a family?
Part 2) What has brought them together as a family-like unit?
Part 3) Do they care for one another throughout the entire play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
Essay Topic 3
Racism and prejudice permeates the minds of the characters.
Part 1) Give two examples of racism or other prejudice.
Part 2) How might these characters have learned to be prejudiced?
Part 3) How does this prejudice affect their relationships with other characters?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)