|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
2. What does Mr. Kaplan believe is the cause of the troubles with the world?
3. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
4. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
5. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women sit on the stoop and gossip throughout the play.
Part 1) About what do they gossip?
Part 2) Why do they gossip?
Part 3) How might their gossiping affect their relationships with others? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
This play was written in 1929.
Part 1) What can you gather about this time period, based on information in the play?
Part 2) How could audiences in 1929 relate to this play?
Part 3) How can viewers today still connect with the characters and plot of this play?
Essay Topic 3
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)