|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she needs in her life?
3. What does Sam think about God?
4. What is noticeable about Mr. Jones, the next morning?
5. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam and Rose's relationships deepens as the play progresses.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to their relationship? Why?
Part 3) How does their separation from one another at the end of the play reflect their relationship at the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 2
The women sit on the stoop and gossip throughout the play.
Part 1) About what do they gossip?
Part 2) Why do they gossip?
Part 3) How might their gossiping affect their relationships with others? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)