|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
2. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
3. What is heard throughout the scene?
4. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
5. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Newspaper and tabloids are carried and discussed.
Part 1) What is the purpose of this media?
Part 2) How does it stir up the community?
Part 3) How does the media today serve a similar purpose as the media then?
Essay Topic 2
The neighbors believe Mrs. Maurrant is somewhat at fault for Mr. Maurrant's actions.
Part 1) Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Do they take her mental state into consideration? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this attitude reflect the role of women in the late 1920s?
Essay Topic 3
There is a heat wave throughout the country.
Part 1) Why do the characters frequently discuss this?
Part 2) What is the author's purpose for having this mention of heat threaded through the play?
Part 3) How does this heat add to the struggles of the characters?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)