|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
2. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
3. What is Sam's reply when Rose asks what happened?
4. What forms in front of the building?
5. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting is very detailed.
Part 1) Describe the setting.
Part 2) How does the setting enhance the play?
Part 3) How can you relate to this setting? How is it relevant today?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey are in a relationship.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) What are the other tenants' thoughts on this? Why?
Part 3) Why does Mrs. Maurrant risk her reputation, marriage, and ultimately her life to be with Mr. Sankey? What does this say about the pursuit of happiness?
Essay Topic 3
Shirley humiliates Rose.
Part 1) How does she humiliate Rose?
Part 2) Why does she do this? What does she fear?
Part 3) How do these two characters reconcile? Where else does reconciliation occur? What is the purpose of this reconciliation and forgiveness?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)