Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
2. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
5. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
Essay Topic 1
Life goes on at the end of the play.
Part 1) How does life go on?
Part 2) Why might the author choose to end the play this way?
Part 3) How are you, as the reader, affected by this ending? Why? Would the playwright be satisfied by your reaction to the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The women sit on the stoop and gossip throughout the play.
Part 1) About what do they gossip?
Part 2) Why do they gossip?
Part 3) How might their gossiping affect their relationships with others? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)