|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
2. What does Mary Hildebrand tell Rose and Mr. Kaplan?
3. What does Sam suggest that Rose and he both do?
4. What does the policeman do when he arrives?
5. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The neighbors believe Mrs. Maurrant is somewhat at fault for Mr. Maurrant's actions.
Part 1) Why do they believe this?
Part 2) Do they take her mental state into consideration? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this attitude reflect the role of women in the late 1920s?
Essay Topic 2
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)