|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
2. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
3. What happens after another shot is heard?
4. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
5. What does Mr. Kaplan say about all the young people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Maurrant is an angry, miserable character.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior affect his relationships with others?
Part 3) Compare and contrast his behavior throughout the play to his behavior at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
The women sit on the stoop and gossip throughout the play.
Part 1) About what do they gossip?
Part 2) Why do they gossip?
Part 3) How might their gossiping affect their relationships with others? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)