|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Rose and Mr. Easter as they walk to the funeral?
2. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
3. How does Shirley hurt Rose's feelings?
4. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
5. What does Mr. Maurrant look like as he emerges from the building?
Essay Topic 1
Rose has many admirers.
Part 1) Why? How do these admirers treat her?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to the attention she receives? Why?
Part 3) How might these admirers play a role in her decision to be independent of a man at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Sounds are a constant in this play.
Part 1) What types of sounds are heard? Why?
Part 2) How might these sounds affect the viewer? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe these sounds would enhance or detract from the play? Why?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)