|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose suggest the milkman not come around as often?
2. What happens after another shot is heard?
3. How does Shirley hurt Rose's feelings?
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she needs in her life?
5. What is known about Mrs. Maurrant when the doctor arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey are in a relationship.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) What are the other tenants' thoughts on this? Why?
Part 3) Why does Mrs. Maurrant risk her reputation, marriage, and ultimately her life to be with Mr. Sankey? What does this say about the pursuit of happiness?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Maurrant shoots and kills both his wife and Mr. Sankey.
Part 1) Why does he murder them?
Part 2) What clues earlier in the play foreshadowed this action?
Part 3) How do various neighbors react to this event? Why do they react this way?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)