Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. How does Mr. Sankey look?
4. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
5. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
2. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
3. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
4. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
5. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
6. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
7. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
8. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
9. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
10. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
Essay Topic 2
Sounds are a constant in this play.
Part 1) What types of sounds are heard? Why?
Part 2) How might these sounds affect the viewer? Why?
Part 3) Do you believe these sounds would enhance or detract from the play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The setting is very detailed.
Part 1) Describe the setting.
Part 2) How does the setting enhance the play?
Part 3) How can you relate to this setting? How is it relevant today?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)