|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
2. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
3. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
4. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
5. What is the lighting on the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the audience's assumption about the weather verified?
2. What is evidence that life goes on?
3. Why does Shirley get upset about Rose being friends with Sam?
4. What are Rose's plans for the future?
5. What does Mr. Easter ask Mrs. Jones? What is her reply?
6. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
7. What do the women do after they invite Mrs. Maurrant to visit?
8. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
9. What is a constant throughout the play? Why?
10. How does Mrs. Jones continue to make racist remarks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rose has many admirers.
Part 1) Why? How do these admirers treat her?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to the attention she receives? Why?
Part 3) How might these admirers play a role in her decision to be independent of a man at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Maurrant has a shocking change of character.
Part 1) How does his behavior change? Why?
Part 2) Why does the playwright make such a drastic change in his character?
Part 3) Predict how his sudden change will affect Rose, now and in the future. Use their interactions to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)