Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. How does Mr. Sankey look?
4. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
5. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
2. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
3. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
4. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
5. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
6. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
7. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
8. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
9. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
10. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Maurrant is an angry, miserable character.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior affect his relationships with others?
Part 3) Compare and contrast his behavior throughout the play to his behavior at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
This play was written in 1929.
Part 1) What can you gather about this time period, based on information in the play?
Part 2) How could audiences in 1929 relate to this play?
Part 3) How can viewers today still connect with the characters and plot of this play?
Essay Topic 3
The setting is very detailed.
Part 1) Describe the setting.
Part 2) How does the setting enhance the play?
Part 3) How can you relate to this setting? How is it relevant today?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)