|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
2. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
3. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
4. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
5. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
2. Why does Shirley get upset about Rose being friends with Sam?
3. How does the audience know that Mr. Sankey and Mrs. Maurrant are having an affair?
4. Why does Rose feel that no one should belong to anyone else?
5. How does the audience learn Mr. Filippo Fiorentino is Italian?
6. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in her hands as she enters the scene? Why does she have this?
7. How does this scene show that Mr. Buchanan is a good husband?
8. What will happen to Rose and Willie?
9. What does Mrs. Jones tell Mrs. Olsen?
10. How does the scene begin? What are the movers and police doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Maurrant has a shocking change of character.
Part 1) How does his behavior change? Why?
Part 2) Why does the playwright make such a drastic change in his character?
Part 3) Predict how his sudden change will affect Rose, now and in the future. Use their interactions to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Maurrant is an angry, miserable character.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) How does his behavior affect his relationships with others?
Part 3) Compare and contrast his behavior throughout the play to his behavior at the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Rose wants to leave New York.
Part 1) Where does she want to go?
Part 2) What does she think this move will bring?
Part 3) Do you believe this move would be beneficial for her? Why or why not?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)