Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. How does Mr. Sankey look?
4. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
5. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
2. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
3. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
4. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
5. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
6. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
7. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
8. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
9. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
10. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
The setting is very detailed.
Part 1) Describe the setting.
Part 2) How does the setting enhance the play?
Part 3) How can you relate to this setting? How is it relevant today?
Newspaper and tabloids are carried and discussed.
Part 1) What is the purpose of this media?
Part 2) How does it stir up the community?
Part 3) How does the media today serve a similar purpose as the media then?
Mr. Maurrant has a shocking change of character.
Part 1) How does his behavior change? Why?
Part 2) Why does the playwright make such a drastic change in his character?
Part 3) Predict how his sudden change will affect Rose, now and in the future. Use their interactions to support your response.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)