|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
2. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
3. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
4. What does Mrs. Jones tell the group about marriage?
5. What does Mrs. Jones not understand about the Kaplans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking remark does Sam make to Rose? How does she respond?
2. How are Shirley and Rose's beliefs about the mingling of cultures different?
3. How does Mrs. Maurrant react when Mrs. Jones tells her not to let her daughter get involved with a Jew? Why does everyone insist she not date a Jew?
4. What marriage advice does Lippo give to Rose?
5. Why are the women so interested in Mr. Buchanan?
6. What happens after Mr. Maurrant talks to Rose?
7. How does Mrs. Jones continue to make racist remarks?
8. How does the scene begin? What are the movers and police doing?
9. What is evidence that life goes on?
10. What does Rose say to cheer Sam up about the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam shows bravery.
Part 1) When does he act bravely?
Part 2) Why does Sam do this?
Part 3) What do Sam's actions say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Racism and prejudice permeates the minds of the characters.
Part 1) Give two examples of racism or other prejudice.
Part 2) How might these characters have learned to be prejudiced?
Part 3) How does this prejudice affect their relationships with other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Rose has many admirers.
Part 1) Why? How do these admirers treat her?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to the attention she receives? Why?
Part 3) How might these admirers play a role in her decision to be independent of a man at the end of the play?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)