|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
3. How does Mr. Sankey look?
4. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
5. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the Hildebrand family?
2. What does Sam say when he interrupts his father and Lippo?
3. How do the neighbors react to the new shots that were fired?
4. What does Rose suggest her mother do about Mr. Sankey? Why does Rose suggest this?
5. What does Rose ask the group? How do they respond?
6. What does Mr. Kaplan believe about all young people?
7. How does Shirley hurt Rose? How does she apologize?
8. What has happened to Mr. Maurrant?
9. What does Mrs. Jones say about raising children?
10. Describe the lighting and the character in the window.
Essay Topic 1
Sam and Rose's relationships deepens as the play progresses.
Part 1) How?
Part 2) How do the neighbors respond to their relationship? Why?
Part 3) How does their separation from one another at the end of the play reflect their relationship at the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey are in a relationship.
Part 1) How do you know this?
Part 2) What are the other tenants' thoughts on this? Why?
Part 3) Why does Mrs. Maurrant risk her reputation, marriage, and ultimately her life to be with Mr. Sankey? What does this say about the pursuit of happiness?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in this play drink alcohol.
Part 1) Who are these characters?
Part 2) Why might they be drinking alcohol?
Part 3) What affect does this drinking play in their behavior and the decisions they make?
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)