Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Maurrant making for Mrs. Buchanan?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Some tea.
(c) A present.
(d) Some soup.
2. What does the policeman not want anyone to do?
(a) Leave or enter the building.
(b) Wait for Mr. Maurrant to return.
(c) Go into the Maurrant's apartment.
(d) Stay outside.
3. What has Mr. Buchanan received because of his wife and new baby?
(a) A second job.
(b) One month of no rent.
(c) A gift from his boss.
(d) The day off of work.
4. What does Mrs. Maurrant tell her daughter she has always tried to do?
(a) Give Mr. Maurrant everything he has wanted and be a good wife.
(b) Have hope.
(c) Find a way to have her own freedom.
(d) Be happy with what she is given.
5. What are the rest of the characters doing at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Still sleeping.
(b) Beginning their day.
(c) Going to bed.
(d) Coming in from work.
6. What is heard throughout the scene?
(a) Factory noises.
(b) The piano being played by one of Lippo's students.
(c) Birds chirping.
(d) Traffic noise.
7. What does Sam urge Mrs. Jones to do?
(a) Stop Mr. Maurrant.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Go and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
(d) Leave the building.
8. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
(a) She has been helping Mrs. Buchanan nearly all night.
(b) She has had to deal with her moody husband.
(c) She has been at work all night.
(d) She did not sleep well.
9. What forms in front of the building?
(a) A bunch of tourists.
(b) A line of police officers.
(c) A crowd.
(d) A pool of blood.
10. What does Mr. Maurrant do as he leaves for work?
(a) He harasses his wife and accuses her of letting other men visit her.
(b) He instructs his wife in her duties for the day.
(c) He storms out of the building without talking to anyone.
(d) He greets everyone in the apartment.
11. What is noticeable about Mr. Jones, the next morning?
(a) He is up early.
(b) He is headed to work.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is in a bad mood.
12. What is Sam repeatedly trying to find out?
(a) If Rose was in the apartment.
(b) If Mr. Sankey was in the apartment.
(c) Whether or not Mrs. Maurrant is still alive.
(d) Where Willie is.
13. Why can the Hildebrands not pay the rent?
(a) Mrs. Hildebrand has left.
(b) The rent has increased.
(c) Mrs. Hildebrand lost her job.
(d) Their father left.
14. What does Mrs. Maurrant have in a paper bag?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) The chicken.
(c) A present for Mrs. Buchanan.
(d) Candy for her children.
15. What does Lippo tell Rose about the high temperature?
(a) It is the hottest weather he has felt in many years.
(b) It reminds him of the weather in Greece, where he grew up.
(c) It is bothering his arthritis.
(d) It is reminiscent of the weather in Italy where he grew up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Maurrant stop telling Sam why he is not going to Stanford for work?
2. How can the audience see some of the activities of the apartment residents?
3. How does Rose change the subject with Sam?
4. Why is Shirley angered at Rose's comment?
5. What is the reaction when Miss Cushing appears at the Maurrant's window and yells for an ambulance?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)