|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) A violin case and sheet music.
(b) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(c) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(d) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
2. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) A bank.
(b) Child and family services.
(c) The government.
(d) A charity.
3. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
(a) The women on the stoop.
(b) Her son.
(d) Her elderly mother whom she takes care of.
4. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Walking into the apartment.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(d) Sitting on the stoop crying.
5. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
(b) He is creepy and unreliable.
(c) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
(d) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
6. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) They are leaving to go to bed.
(b) They are tired of arguing.
(c) It is becoming too hot.
(d) They must go to work.
7. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(d) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
8. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
(a) Two months.
(b) Last week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Any day.
9. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
(a) What is wrong with the young man.
(b) Why he is not married.
(c) Why he seems to like Rose.
(d) If he is available.
10. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a law professor at Yale.
(b) He is a music professor at NYU.
(c) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
(d) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
11. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
(b) In one month.
(c) Next week.
(d) In one week.
12. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(b) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(c) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
(d) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
13. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
(a) Sitting on the stoop.
(b) Sitting on the curb.
(c) Kissing on a bench.
(d) Dancing around, inebriated.
14. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
(b) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
(c) If he has enough money to support Rose.
(d) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
15. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Treat them to a movie.
(c) Throw them out.
(d) Punish them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lighting on the stage?
2. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
3. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
4. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
5. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)