|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mr. Kaplan.
(b) Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
2. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
(a) Sam Kaplan.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Maurrant.
(d) Mr. Buchanan.
3. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They smell funny.
(b) They do not speak English.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They come to America, trying to change things.
4. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
(b) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(c) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
(d) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
5. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
6. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A flowered housecoat.
(d) A summer dress.
7. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
(a) She makes Mrs. Hildebrand assign an agreement.
(b) She glares at all of the tenants.
(c) She makes an offensive comment about Jews to Kaplan.
(d) She yells at the neighbors on the stoop.
8. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) He is creepy and unreliable.
(b) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
(c) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
(d) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
9. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(b) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
(c) They are both timid and shy.
(d) They embrace one another passionately.
10. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
(a) It is getting late.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) Her father will be upset to see them together.
(d) Or the whole building will be gossiping about her.
11. What has the country's heat wave caused?
(a) Power outages all around the city.
(b) The deaths of six people in Chicago.
(c) Milk all around the country to spoil.
(d) Sales in ice to rise drastically.
12. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) A bank.
(b) Child and family services.
(c) The government.
(d) A charity.
13. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(d) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
14. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
(a) Public housing.
(c) Paying rent.
(d) The family unit.
15. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Walking into the apartment.
(d) Sitting on the stoop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
2. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
3. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
4. How does Mr. Sankey look?
5. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)