|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
(a) The family unit.
(b) Paying rent.
(c) Public housing.
2. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) A charity.
(b) Child and family services.
(c) A bank.
(d) The government.
3. How does Mr. Maurrant look when he arrives home?
4. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he has enough money to support Rose.
(b) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
(c) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
(d) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
5. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
(b) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
(c) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(d) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
6. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mr. Kaplan.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
7. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
(a) If he is suspicious of his wife's relationship with the milkman.
(b) If he enjoys his job.
(c) If he really loves his wife and children.
(d) Why he is so grumpy all the time.
8. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
(b) He is a music professor at NYU.
(c) He is a law professor at Yale.
(d) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
9. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
(a) It was increasing the temperature in their apartment.
(b) The room is bright enough without it.
(c) The light is bothering her.
(d) He is wasting electricity.
10. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(d) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
11. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
(a) Two months.
(b) Last week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Any day.
12. Why does Miss Cushing enter the scene excitedly?
(a) She has won the lottery.
(b) She has not heard from her children in two days.
(c) She cannot find her wallet.
(d) She has just seen Mrs. Maurrant and Mr. Sankey together.
13. What has the country's heat wave caused?
(a) Milk all around the country to spoil.
(b) The deaths of six people in Chicago.
(c) Power outages all around the city.
(d) Sales in ice to rise drastically.
14. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
15. What is the lighting on the stage?
(a) The janitor's apartment windows are lit, as are those in the first floor. There is a red light coming from the demolition site.
(b) There is a bright light, reperesenting the sun.
(c) Streetlights run along stage left and stage right.
(d) The lights in the home are on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
2. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
3. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
4. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
5. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)