|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
(a) He did not like the type of music that was played.
(b) It was the best one he had ever been to.
(c) He liked the type of music; it just was not played well.
(d) He enjoyed the music.
2. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(b) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(c) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(d) A violin case and sheet music.
3. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They go to their respective homes.
(b) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(c) They sit quietly and watch.
(d) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
4. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Buchanan.
(c) Sam Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
5. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
(a) He sits on the stoop sobbing and calls himself a coward.
(b) He is sitting silently on the curb.
(c) He is hugging Rose.
(d) He is pacing the sidewalk.
6. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
7. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He goes to his apartment.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He recites a poem.
8. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(b) Sitting on the stoop crying.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Walking into the apartment.
9. How does Mr. Maurrant look when he arrives home?
10. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) They are leaving to go to bed.
(b) They are tired of arguing.
(c) It is becoming too hot.
(d) They must go to work.
11. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They come to America, trying to change things.
(b) They do not speak English.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They smell funny.
12. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Throw them out.
(c) Treat them to a movie.
(d) Punish them.
13. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
(b) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(c) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(d) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
14. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(b) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(c) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
(d) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
15. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) To a Broadway show.
(b) To the concert in the park .
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jones not understand about the Kaplans?
2. What has the country's heat wave caused?
3. How does Mr. Sankey look?
4. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
5. What is the audience able to see of this building?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)