|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mr. Kaplan.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
2. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
(a) Public housing.
(c) Paying rent.
(d) The family unit.
3. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
(a) Their poverty.
(b) The lack of work.
(c) The extreme heat.
(d) Their wild children.
4. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) To a Broadway show.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the concert in the park .
5. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Treat them to a movie.
(c) Throw them out.
(d) Punish them.
6. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
(a) He berates her for her behavior at work earlier that day.
(b) He pressures her into letting him upstairs and forces a kiss.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He asks to see her mother.
7. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
(b) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
(c) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
(d) He is creepy and unreliable.
8. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They go to their respective homes.
(b) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
(c) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(d) They sit quietly and watch.
9. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(b) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(c) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
(d) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
10. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) It is becoming too hot.
(b) They are tired of arguing.
(c) They must go to work.
(d) They are leaving to go to bed.
11. What does Mr. Maurrant do when Willie appears, crying?
(a) He yells at both his wife and son.
(b) He spanks his son.
(c) He hugs his son.
(d) He leaves to go after whoever had hurt his son.
12. What does Mrs. Jones tell the group about marriage?
(a) It is for better or worse and that if it does not turn out the way you expected than you just have to make do.
(b) You can always get divorced, if the marriage goes sour.
(c) It is something everyone should try, at least once.
(d) Do not ever do it.
13. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They are rude.
(b) They come to America, trying to change things.
(c) They smell funny.
(d) They do not speak English.
14. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
(a) He forgot to buy groceries.
(b) The building is on fire.
(c) He is chasing after his wife.
(d) His wife is in labor.
15. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(b) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
(c) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
(d) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
2. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
3. What do Lippo and Mrs. Maurrant do as the group discusses music and their respective favorites?
4. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
5. Where does this play begin?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)