|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
(b) He is a music professor at NYU.
(c) He is a law professor at Yale.
(d) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
2. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mr. Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Maurrant.
3. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
(b) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
(c) He is creepy and unreliable.
(d) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
4. What are Mae Jones and Dick McGann doing as Rose passes them?
(a) Dancing around, inebriated.
(b) Sitting on the stoop.
(c) Kissing on a bench.
(d) Sitting on the curb.
5. Who does Alice Simpson represent?
(a) The government.
(b) A bank.
(c) A charity.
(d) Child and family services.
6. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
(a) Their wild children.
(b) The lack of work.
(c) The extreme heat.
(d) Their poverty.
7. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Punish them.
(b) Give them up for adoption.
(c) Treat them to a movie.
(d) Throw them out.
8. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) A violin case and sheet music.
(b) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(c) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(d) Sheet music and a fiddle.
9. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) To the concert in the park .
(b) To the movies.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a Broadway show.
10. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They are rude.
(b) They do not speak English.
(c) They come to America, trying to change things.
(d) They smell funny.
11. What does Mr. Maurrant do when Willie appears, crying?
(a) He leaves to go after whoever had hurt his son.
(b) He spanks his son.
(c) He yells at both his wife and son.
(d) He hugs his son.
12. Where does this play begin?
(a) It is a typical suburban home in New Jersey with children playing in the front yard and a swingset in the back.
(b) In a highrise apartment on the Upper Eastside of New York City.
(c) There is a walk up tenement style apartment located in a dodgy, dilapidated part of New York City, built in the 1890s.
(d) There is a large Victorian-style home with a wrap around porch and grassy fields in the background.
13. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
(a) He pressures her into letting him upstairs and forces a kiss.
(b) He asks to see her mother.
(c) He berates her for her behavior at work earlier that day.
(d) He tells her he loves her.
14. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(b) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(c) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
(d) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
15. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
2. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
3. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
4. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
5. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)