|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
(b) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
(c) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
(d) If he has enough money to support Rose.
2. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They do not speak English.
(b) They are rude.
(c) They smell funny.
(d) They come to America, trying to change things.
3. How does the scene end?
(a) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
(b) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(c) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
(d) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
4. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
(a) The family unit.
(b) Paying rent.
(c) Public housing.
5. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) His violin and five ice cream cones.
(b) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(c) A violin case and sheet music.
(d) Sheet music and a fiddle.
6. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
(a) Next week.
(b) In one month.
(d) In one week.
7. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) It is becoming too hot.
(b) They are tired of arguing.
(c) They must go to work.
(d) They are leaving to go to bed.
8. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
(a) He is sitting silently on the curb.
(b) He sits on the stoop sobbing and calls himself a coward.
(c) He is pacing the sidewalk.
(d) He is hugging Rose.
9. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(d) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
10. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the concert in the park .
(c) To a Broadway show.
(d) Out to dinner.
11. What is the audience able to see of this building?
(a) The front of this old Victorian home, lined with bushes and flowerbeds.
(b) The first floor windows and the bottom of the second story. To the left there is a partial view of the attached building, a storage warehouse under heavy construction. The house to the right is being demolished.
(c) A typical looking suburban home with toys lying around in the front yard.
(d) The first five floors of the highrise aparment, a sign for valet parking, and a large awning over the entrance.
12. What is the lighting on the stage?
(a) The lights in the home are on.
(b) There is a bright light, reperesenting the sun.
(c) Streetlights run along stage left and stage right.
(d) The janitor's apartment windows are lit, as are those in the first floor. There is a red light coming from the demolition site.
13. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
(a) Their wild children.
(b) The extreme heat.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) The lack of work.
14. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
(a) She yells at the neighbors on the stoop.
(b) She makes an offensive comment about Jews to Kaplan.
(c) She glares at all of the tenants.
(d) She makes Mrs. Hildebrand assign an agreement.
15. How does Mr. Sankey look?
(a) Cheap, dressed in a low quality suit.
(b) Wealthy and expensively dressed.
(c) Nervous and shy.
(d) Dirty and ragged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
2. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
3. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
4. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
5. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)