|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
(a) They get into a physical altercation.
(b) They have a heated debate.
(c) They get into an argument.
(d) They glare at one another.
2. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
(a) New Yorkers.
(b) The poor.
(c) The wealthy.
3. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Sam Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Buchanan.
4. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the concert in the park .
(d) To a Broadway show.
5. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(b) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
(c) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
(d) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
6. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) They embrace one another passionately.
(b) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(c) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
(d) They are both timid and shy.
7. How does the scene end?
(a) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(b) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
(c) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
(d) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
8. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(d) He hugs her.
9. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) He is creepy and unreliable.
(b) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
(c) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
(d) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
10. What is the audience able to see of this building?
(a) A typical looking suburban home with toys lying around in the front yard.
(b) The first floor windows and the bottom of the second story. To the left there is a partial view of the attached building, a storage warehouse under heavy construction. The house to the right is being demolished.
(c) The front of this old Victorian home, lined with bushes and flowerbeds.
(d) The first five floors of the highrise aparment, a sign for valet parking, and a large awning over the entrance.
11. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
(a) They discuss the quality of the milk he sells.
(b) They go back to their previous activities.
(c) They wonder why Mr. Sankey is at the apartment.
(d) They disparage Mrs. Maurrant's character, one of them calling her a whore.
12. Over what do they argue?
(a) Where foreigners should live.
(b) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(c) Who is considered a foreigner.
(d) The history of the United States.
13. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
(a) Their wild children.
(b) The extreme heat.
(c) Their poverty.
(d) The lack of work.
14. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
(b) In one week.
(c) Next week.
(d) In one month.
15. What has the country's heat wave caused?
(a) Sales in ice to rise drastically.
(b) Milk all around the country to spoil.
(c) The deaths of six people in Chicago.
(d) Power outages all around the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
2. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
3. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
4. Upon what do the other women agree?
5. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)