|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
(b) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
(c) He is a law professor at Yale.
(d) He is a music professor at NYU.
2. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
(a) They have a heated debate.
(b) They get into an argument.
(c) They glare at one another.
(d) They get into a physical altercation.
3. What is a constant throughout the play?
(a) The sound of the wind.
(b) A subway car going by under ground.
(c) Noise: the noise of the city.
(d) Bird calls.
4. How does Rose feel about Mr. Easter?
(a) He is creepy and unreliable.
(b) She does not feel right about what he is asking of her.
(c) Deep down she likes him but knows he is married.
(d) He is a kind man who can give her what she needs.
5. Where does Mr. Easter tell Rose he will find her a job?
(a) On stage.
(b) In a factory.
(c) In a bank.
(d) In a hotel.
6. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Treat them to a movie.
(d) Throw them out.
7. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
(a) A violin case and sheet music.
(b) Sheet music and a fiddle.
(c) Ice cream cones and a newspaper.
(d) His violin and five ice cream cones.
8. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
(a) Miss Greta.
(b) Mrs. G.
(d) Mrs. F.
9. Where would Mrs. Maurrant like to go that evening, but her daughter has not come home yet?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To the concert in the park .
(c) To a Broadway show.
(d) To the movies.
10. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
(b) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(c) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
(d) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
11. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A summer dress.
(d) A flowered housecoat.
12. What does Mrs. Jones not understand about the Kaplans?
(a) How they can sit and read all day long.
(b) Why they are Jewish.
(c) Why they do not go to a church.
(d) How they can read the newspaper in Hebrew.
13. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(b) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
(c) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(d) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
14. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
(a) She glares at all of the tenants.
(b) She makes an offensive comment about Jews to Kaplan.
(c) She makes Mrs. Hildebrand assign an agreement.
(d) She yells at the neighbors on the stoop.
15. What is the audience able to see of this building?
(a) A typical looking suburban home with toys lying around in the front yard.
(b) The front of this old Victorian home, lined with bushes and flowerbeds.
(c) The first five floors of the highrise aparment, a sign for valet parking, and a large awning over the entrance.
(d) The first floor windows and the bottom of the second story. To the left there is a partial view of the attached building, a storage warehouse under heavy construction. The house to the right is being demolished.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
2. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
3. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
4. What is Sam doing when he and Rose are left alone?
5. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)