|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
(a) Their older girls are never home.
(b) They love this neighborhood.
(c) They want to move out of New York City.
(d) Their families are annoying.
2. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
(a) Mr. Buchanan.
(b) Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Sam Kaplan.
3. What does a sign on the set say about Prof. Filippo Fiorentino?
(a) He is a law professor at Yale.
(b) He is a musician and teaches lessons.
(c) He is a biology professor at Princeton.
(d) He is a music professor at NYU.
4. What is a constant throughout the play?
(a) The sound of the wind.
(b) A subway car going by under ground.
(c) Noise: the noise of the city.
(d) Bird calls.
5. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mr. Maurrant.
(c) Mr. Kaplan.
(d) Mr. Jones.
6. How does the scene end?
(a) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
(b) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
(c) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(d) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
7. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(d) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
8. What does Rose do when Sam kisses her?
(a) They embrace one another passionately.
(b) His embrace is passionate, yet she does not respond.
(c) His embrace is timide, while hers is passionate.
(d) They are both timid and shy.
9. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The poor.
(d) New Yorkers.
10. How does Mr. Easter make Rose uncomfortable?
(a) He berates her for her behavior at work earlier that day.
(b) He tells her he loves her.
(c) He pressures her into letting him upstairs and forces a kiss.
(d) He asks to see her mother.
11. Why does Willie ask his mother for a dime?
(a) For an ice cream cone.
(b) For a piece of gum.
(c) For an icee.
(d) For a candybar.
12. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
(a) The light is bothering her.
(b) He is wasting electricity.
(c) The room is bright enough without it.
(d) It was increasing the temperature in their apartment.
13. Over what do they argue?
(a) The history of the United States.
(b) Who is considered a foreigner.
(c) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(d) Where foreigners should live.
14. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
(a) If he is interested in seeing Rose.
(b) If there was something more, perhaps a physical relationship between her and her boss.
(c) If he has enough money to support Rose.
(d) If he is having problems with Rose at work.
15. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
(a) If he enjoys his job.
(b) Why he is so grumpy all the time.
(c) If he is suspicious of his wife's relationship with the milkman.
(d) If he really loves his wife and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Vincent and Sam?
2. How does Mr. Sankey look?
3. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
4. Why does the group begin to break up?
5. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)