|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shirley, what is made more difficult by the heat?
(c) Getting up and going to work.
(d) The control of her classroom.
2. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
(a) She has been helping Mrs. Buchanan nearly all night.
(b) She did not sleep well.
(c) She has had to deal with her moody husband.
(d) She has been at work all night.
3. Why does Rose ask Miss Kaplan if she might go up to the apartment with her while she grabs a few things?
(a) She wants to continue her conversation with Shirley.
(b) She needs help carrying everything.
(c) She is not sure what to take with her.
(d) She is afraid to do so alone.
4. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
(a) They are doing a routine patrol of the streets.
(b) They have a dispossess warrant for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(c) They are looking for Mr. Maurrant.
(d) They heard there was a break-in.
5. How does Mr. Maurrant look when he arrives home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
2. Who leads the rants about the current demise of society, the higher divorce rate, premarital sex, smoking, birth control, and hippies?
3. What does the couple wonder out loud?
4. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
5. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)