|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
(a) She is curious about his faith.
(b) The funeral that she will be attending today takes place in a synagogue.
(c) She is going to a Jewish wedding.
(d) She is thinking about converting to Judaism.
2. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
(a) She has been at work all night.
(b) She has had to deal with her moody husband.
(c) She has been helping Mrs. Buchanan nearly all night.
(d) She did not sleep well.
3. What does Mrs. Jones not understand about the Kaplans?
(a) Why they are Jewish.
(b) How they can read the newspaper in Hebrew.
(c) How they can sit and read all day long.
(d) Why they do not go to a church.
4. How does Mr. Sankey look?
(a) Nervous and shy.
(b) Cheap, dressed in a low quality suit.
(c) Dirty and ragged.
(d) Wealthy and expensively dressed.
5. What happens after Mrs. Maurrant is heard yelling her husband's name?
(a) Mr. Maurrant yells at Mr. Sankey.
(b) Mr. Sankey tries to jump out the window.
(c) Two gunshots are heard.
(d) The window glass breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
2. Where does this play begin?
3. Why can the Hildebrands not pay the rent?
4. Upon what do the other women agree?
5. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)