|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Shirley, what is made more difficult by the heat?
(b) Getting up and going to work.
(c) The control of her classroom.
2. Who does Mr. Sankey awkwardly bump into coming out of the building?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Buchanan.
3. Why is Mrs. Maurrant tired?
(a) She has had to deal with her moody husband.
(b) She did not sleep well.
(c) She has been at work all night.
(d) She has been helping Mrs. Buchanan nearly all night.
4. How does Mrs. Maurrant respond when her daughter implies that Mr. Maurrant may be more kind, if her mother would not have a relationship with someone outside this marriage?
(a) She agrees with Rose.
(b) She tells Rose that she cannot believe that she is acting like the others. She thought Rose would be the one person who would understand.
(c) She is surprised that Rose is so observant.
(d) She knows Rose and the neighbors are right.
5. How does Mr. Sankey look?
(a) Cheap, dressed in a low quality suit.
(b) Wealthy and expensively dressed.
(c) Dirty and ragged.
(d) Nervous and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
2. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
3. What do the women do, after Mr. Sankey's arrival?
4. Why does Rose ask Sam if there is a certain way she should act in a synagogue?
5. Why is Rose surprised when Shirley tells her that it will be several years before Sam is ready to care for a family?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)