|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Sankey look?
(a) Nervous and shy.
(b) Dirty and ragged.
(c) Wealthy and expensively dressed.
(d) Cheap, dressed in a low quality suit.
2. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
3. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
(a) It was increasing the temperature in their apartment.
(b) He is wasting electricity.
(c) The light is bothering her.
(d) The room is bright enough without it.
4. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
(a) His wife is in labor.
(b) The building is on fire.
(c) He forgot to buy groceries.
(d) He is chasing after his wife.
5. Why does the group begin to break up?
(a) They must go to work.
(b) It is becoming too hot.
(c) They are leaving to go to bed.
(d) They are tired of arguing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
2. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
3. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
4. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
5. How does the scene end?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)