|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(b) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(c) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
(d) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
2. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
(c) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(d) He hugs her.
3. What does Kaplan believe will no longer be necessary once there is no more personal property?
(a) The family unit.
(c) Paying rent.
(d) Public housing.
4. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(b) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
(c) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
(d) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
5. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
(a) Everyone should try to make the best of their lives.
(b) Everyone should be able to live in peace and accept each other's differences.
(c) Everyone should research the best options for improving the economy, rather than arguing over what they do not understand.
(d) Everyone should find a job and quit complaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose's father ask about Mr. Easter?
2. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
3. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
4. How do the ladies brush off Mr. Maurrant' mood?
5. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)