|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Emma, Greta, and Olga speak?
(a) The lack of work.
(b) Their poverty.
(c) Their wild children.
(d) The extreme heat.
2. What is the lighting on the stage?
(a) The janitor's apartment windows are lit, as are those in the first floor. There is a red light coming from the demolition site.
(b) There is a bright light, reperesenting the sun.
(c) The lights in the home are on.
(d) Streetlights run along stage left and stage right.
3. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Sitting on the stoop crying.
(b) Searching through her purse for her keys.
(c) Walking into the apartment.
(d) Looking out the window.
4. How does the scene end?
(a) Sam is sitting on the steps, smiling.
(b) Both Sam and Rose go into their respective apartments.
(c) Rose is sitting alone with her head in her hands.
(d) With Sam sitting alone with his head in his hands.
5. What does Mrs. Jones tell the group about marriage?
(a) Do not ever do it.
(b) It is for better or worse and that if it does not turn out the way you expected than you just have to make do.
(c) It is something everyone should try, at least once.
(d) You can always get divorced, if the marriage goes sour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
2. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
3. What opinion does Mrs. Maurrant try to quietly assert?
4. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
5. Who does Mrs. Jones say do not know anything about raising babies?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)