|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what do the other women agree?
(a) Their older girls are never home.
(b) They want to move out of New York City.
(c) They love this neighborhood.
(d) Their families are annoying.
2. Where does this play begin?
(a) It is a typical suburban home in New Jersey with children playing in the front yard and a swingset in the back.
(b) In a highrise apartment on the Upper Eastside of New York City.
(c) There is a walk up tenement style apartment located in a dodgy, dilapidated part of New York City, built in the 1890s.
(d) There is a large Victorian-style home with a wrap around porch and grassy fields in the background.
3. What has the country's heat wave caused?
(a) Sales in ice to rise drastically.
(b) Power outages all around the city.
(c) The deaths of six people in Chicago.
(d) Milk all around the country to spoil.
4. What is Rose doing as her father gets back from the bar?
(a) Looking out the window.
(b) Walking into the apartment.
(c) Sitting on the stoop crying.
(d) Searching through her purse for her keys.
5. How does Vincent Jones treat Rose?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He greets Rose and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He greets Rose and begins to harass her, moving his hands over her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Sankey look?
2. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
3. For whom is the ice cream that Agnes Cushing buys?
4. When is Mr. Buchanan's wife due?
5. What does Sam do at Rose's request?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)