|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Simpson do before leaving?
(a) She glares at all of the tenants.
(b) She yells at the neighbors on the stoop.
(c) She makes Mrs. Hildebrand assign an agreement.
(d) She makes an offensive comment about Jews to Kaplan.
2. Why does Willie ask his mother for a dime?
(a) For an ice cream cone.
(b) For a piece of gum.
(c) For a candybar.
(d) For an icee.
3. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(b) They sit quietly and watch.
(c) They go to their respective homes.
(d) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
4. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They come to America, trying to change things.
(b) They are rude.
(c) They smell funny.
(d) They do not speak English.
5. Why does Rose tell Mr. Easter that he must leave?
(a) Or the whole building will be gossiping about her.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) It is getting late.
(d) Her father will be upset to see them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
2. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
3. Why does Mr. Buchanan rush out of the building?
4. What is Mr. Filippo Fiorentino carrying as he enters the scene?
5. Over what do they argue?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)