|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason why Mr. Maurrant does not like foreigners?
(a) They do not speak English.
(b) They are rude.
(c) They come to America, trying to change things.
(d) They smell funny.
2. What is the audience able to see of this building?
(a) A typical looking suburban home with toys lying around in the front yard.
(b) The first five floors of the highrise aparment, a sign for valet parking, and a large awning over the entrance.
(c) The front of this old Victorian home, lined with bushes and flowerbeds.
(d) The first floor windows and the bottom of the second story. To the left there is a partial view of the attached building, a storage warehouse under heavy construction. The house to the right is being demolished.
3. Over what do they argue?
(a) Who is considered a foreigner.
(b) The history of the United States.
(c) The person who discovered America, Leif Erickson or Christopher Columbus.
(d) Where foreigners should live.
4. What is a constant throughout the play?
(a) Bird calls.
(b) A subway car going by under ground.
(c) The sound of the wind.
(d) Noise: the noise of the city.
5. What does Mr. Maurrant tell the group he is going to do to his kids?
(a) Give them up for adoption.
(b) Throw them out.
(c) Treat them to a movie.
(d) Punish them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Buchanan seem?
2. What does Mrs. Jones not understand about the Kaplans?
3. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
4. What happens when Mr. Sankey arrives?
5. Why does Shirley Kaplan ask her father to turn his reading lamp off?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)