|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose think about her father?
(a) He was just not in his right mind.
(b) He is a horrible man.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He loved her mother too much.
2. What is Sam Kaplan's opinion of the concert he had just seen?
(a) It was the best one he had ever been to.
(b) He enjoyed the music.
(c) He did not like the type of music that was played.
(d) He liked the type of music; it just was not played well.
3. What does Sam tell his father he tried to do?
(a) Find Rose.
(b) Save Willie from this shock.
(c) Stop Mr. Maurrant and warn Mrs. Maurrant.
(d) Stay out Mr. Maurrant's way.
4. What do the women wonder about Mr. Maurrant?
(a) If he really loves his wife and children.
(b) If he enjoys his job.
(c) Why he is so grumpy all the time.
(d) If he is suspicious of his wife's relationship with the milkman.
5. What do the women gossip about, regarding Mrs. Maurrant?
(a) A man named Sankey has visited her for the third time this week.
(b) She is rude and disrespectful towards the other tenants.
(c) She is new to the neighborhood, so they discuss what they know of her.
(d) Her husband is unkind to her, and she should divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this play begin?
2. Who tries to help Rose by yelling at Vincent?
3. What does Emma Jones call Greta?
4. How does Rose reassure Sam that they will see each other again?
5. What does Mr. Olsen do when he comes up from the cellar?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)