|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
(a) No one gets anything for free, and perhaps it would be worth it to get out of her current situation.
(b) That is what she is hoping.
(c) What he says is not true.
(d) If that is true, then she will not go along with this man's plan.
2. What does a middle-aged couple stop in front of the building and do?
(a) Gawk at the murder scene.
(b) Look at the "for rent" sign.
(c) Talk to the other tenants.
(d) Read the newspaper.
3. What does Rose try to explain to Shirley that she has not meant to do?
(a) Lead Sam on.
(b) Trick Sam into liking her.
(c) Distract Sam in anyway.
(d) Hurt her feelings.
4. How is Rose confident in Sam?
(a) He will make a great father.
(b) He will find a wonderful woman to love.
(c) He will become a great man and a great lawyer.
(d) He is brave and honorable.
5. Upon what do the other women agree?
(a) They love this neighborhood.
(b) They want to move out of New York City.
(c) Their families are annoying.
(d) Their older girls are never home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women wonder about Sam Kaplan?
2. Why do James Henry, a city marshal, and his assistant, Fred Cullen, stop in front of the building?
3. What does Shirley have sticking out of her bag when she arrives?
4. What is heard from Ms. Olsen?
5. About what does Mr. Maurrant ask?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)