|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbors get into a discussion about labor unions, the working class, and America's prosperity?
(a) They are complaining about their homes and lack of work.
(b) Kaplan believes it is the capitalist structure of the country that is harmful.
(c) They are discussing The Crash and how it has hurt the economy.
(d) Mr. Kaplan believes capitalism is going to be build up the economy.
2. What forms in front of the building?
(a) A line of police officers.
(b) A bunch of tourists.
(c) A pool of blood.
(d) A crowd.
3. On what does Mr. Maurrant lecture his wife?
(a) How it is her job to make sure his dinner is ready when he comes home.
(b) It is her responsibitilty to make sure the children have all of their homework done.
(c) She should wear more makeup and wear nicer clothes for him.
(d) How it is her responsibility to know where her daughter is, that Rose should not be out so late.
4. What do the neighbors do when Ms. Simpson argues with Mrs. Hildebrand?
(a) They sit quietly and watch.
(b) They stand up for Mrs. Hildebrand.
(c) They go to their respective homes.
(d) They agree with Ms. Simpson.
5. What is Greta Fiorentino wearing?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A summer dress.
(c) A flowered housecoat.
(d) A bathing suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose do when the neighbors try to get her back in the building?
2. Sam, disgusted, tells Rose that this man will want only one thing in return for his assistance. How does she respond?
3. What does Rose ask Mr. Kaplan will happen, despite the removal of capitalism?
4. Why does the group begin to break up?
5. When will Mrs. Hildebrand and her children be thrown out of their apartment?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)