|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche realize when she steps out of the bath?
2. Who comes to visit Blanche when Stella and Stanley are at the hospital?
3. What did Blanche's husband do when she confronted him about #104?
4. Blanche's visitor asks why he has never seen her __________.
5. Where does Stanley go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blanche prepare herself after Mitch rings the doorbell?
2. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
3. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
4. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
5. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
6. What does Blanche do even though Stella begs her not to?
7. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
8. Why does Mitch turn down a drink from Blanche?
9. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
10. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stella seems like a timid and weak character at first glance, but is this really the case? Give three examples of times when Stella is actually a strong force with which to be reckoned. How does she assert herself as someone who is able to take care of herself, even if Stanley does have his way with her?
Essay Topic 2
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)