|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Blanche say to save the birthday cake candles?
2. Stella is afraid that Mitch will not longer want to ________ Blanche.
3. Mitch tells Blanche: You need _______. And I need __________ too.
4. Where does Blanche say she is going, hence the packing of her trunk?
5. Where did Stanley find out Blanche was carrying on illicit affairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
2. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
3. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
4. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
5. When Stella confronts Stanley on the porch about his rude behavior, what does Stanley say?
6. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
7. What does Mitch do when Blanche asks him to guess her weight?
8. How does Stanley break down Blanche's fantasy?
9. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
10. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a last resort, it seems, Blanche heads to her sister's apartment to seek refuge. Why do you think Blanche decided to go to her sister? What does Stella have to offer that no one else can? What do you think Blanche expects from Stella?
Essay Topic 2
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)