|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche pull out to wear?
2. When do Mitch and Blanche arrive back home after their date?
3. What did Blanche and her husband dance the night she confronted him?
4. What does Blanche put on her head to complete her outfit?
5. From whom does Blanche say she has received a wire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
2. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
3. How does Stanley break down Blanche's fantasy?
4. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
5. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
6. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
7. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
8. How does Blanche prepare herself after Mitch rings the doorbell?
9. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
10. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol seems to fuel many of the fires in this story. And while everyone drinks, it seems that Blanche tries to hide it in some instances. Why is this? Do you think that if alcohol was removed from this story, the events would have played out differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The light is something that Blanche tries to avoid at all costs - which might be seen as symbolic as well. Why do you think Blanche wants to avoid being seen in the light? What does this say about her character? Is this something that might be a signal of her failing mental health? Give examples of how she tries to avoid the light.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)