|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mitch tells Blanche: You need _______. And I need __________ too.
2. Who is singing and laughing during this scene?
3. What does Blanche hear after she opens Stanley's gift to her?
4. Where did Stanley find out Blanche was carrying on illicit affairs?
5. What does Blanche tell Stanley that Mitch did?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Blanche think has happened to Mitch that he is not at her party?
2. Why does Mitch turn down a drink from Blanche?
3. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
4. When Stella confronts Stanley on the porch about his rude behavior, what does Stanley say?
5. Why is Mitch embarrassed to remove his coat?
6. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
7. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
8. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
9. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
10. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stanley is obviously having a good time making Blanche squirm as he reveals her deception. Why do you think he enjoys this so much? What does Stanley stand to gain from finding out the lies about Blanche? Do you think Stanley feels badly at all about Blanche's life up to this point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mitch is an interesting character from the start. He doesn't seem to be like the others, and yet, he doesn't really seem to have a grip on his life or his future. Why do you think Mitch falls for Blanche? Why do you think he can't get past her sordid past? Would these two have made a good couple? Why or why not?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)