|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche call Stanley and Mitch?
2. What does Mitch say after listening to Blanche's confessions - You _____ to me, Blanche.
3. Stella chastises Stanley for his poor _________ and greasy ____________.
4. Why does Stanley come home?
5. From whom does Blanche say she has received a wire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mitch turn down a drink from Blanche?
2. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
3. Where do Mitch and Blanche go for their first date?
4. What does Blanche suggest she and Mitch do when they arrive in the Kowalski's apartment?
5. Why is Mitch embarrassed to remove his coat?
6. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
7. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
8. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
9. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
10. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley tells Stella at one point that everything will be better once the baby is born and Blanche is gone. Do you think this is the truth? Why or why not? Do you think Stanley believes what he says? Why or why not? Was Blanche really the cause of their problems or was she just a convenient excuse? Why or why not?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)