|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stanley blame for the changes between he and Stella?
2. With whom did Blanche find her husband in bed?
3. What happens when Mitch doesn't pick up the phone?
4. What does Blanche say is the opposite of desire?
5. From whom does Blanche say she has received a wire?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
2. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
3. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
4. Where do Mitch and Blanche go for their first date?
5. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
6. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
7. What does Blanche confess to Mitch about her life?
8. Why does Stanley think Mitch will not come to Blanche's birthday party?
9. Why is Mitch embarrassed to remove his coat?
10. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belle Reve seems to be the last straw for Blanche's sanity and her life. But what really happened to Belle Reve? What do you think happened? Why has this affected Blanche in the way that it does? What other explanation could there be for the downfall of Belle Reve?
Essay Topic 2
The landlords that live above Stanley and Stella seems to foreshadow the future to which Stella and Stanley can look forward. Is Eunice and Steve's relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? What makes them a couple whom Stella and Stanley can admire? Anything? What is their purpose in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley is obviously having a good time making Blanche squirm as he reveals her deception. Why do you think he enjoys this so much? What does Stanley stand to gain from finding out the lies about Blanche? Do you think Stanley feels badly at all about Blanche's life up to this point? Why or why not?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)