|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it at the start of scene 7?
2. What does Blanche offer to her visitor?
3. What does Blanche put on her head to complete her outfit?
4. Where does Mitch workout?
5. Blanche's visitor asks why he has never seen her __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
2. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
3. Where do Mitch and Blanche go for their first date?
4. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
5. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
6. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
7. What does Mitch do when Blanche asks him to guess her weight?
8. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
9. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
10. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Belle Reve seems to be the last straw for Blanche's sanity and her life. But what really happened to Belle Reve? What do you think happened? Why has this affected Blanche in the way that it does? What other explanation could there be for the downfall of Belle Reve?
Essay Topic 3
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)