|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was said to have been told that Blanche's house was off limits to them?
2. What happens to Stella at the end of this scene?
3. What does Stanley only wear on special occasions?
4. What does Blanche realize when she steps out of the bath?
5. When do Mitch and Blanche arrive back home after their date?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Mitch and Blanche go for their first date?
2. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
3. When Stanley begins to eat his pork chop with his hands, how does Stella respond?
4. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
5. Why does Stanley think Mitch will not come to Blanche's birthday party?
6. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
7. When Stella confronts Stanley on the porch about his rude behavior, what does Stanley say?
8. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
9. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
10. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stella seems like a timid and weak character at first glance, but is this really the case? Give three examples of times when Stella is actually a strong force with which to be reckoned. How does she assert herself as someone who is able to take care of herself, even if Stanley does have his way with her?
Essay Topic 2
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
Essay Topic 3
The physical altercations in this play are striking, even if you're not seeing them performed. Give three examples of physical altercations that take place in this play. What is the cause of each of these events? Could anything have been done to stop these events? Why or why not?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)