|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche put on her head to complete her outfit?
2. What does Mitch say about Blanche's weight?
3. Where does Mitch workout?
4. What does Blanche call Stanley and Mitch?
5. Why does Stanley tell Mitch the truth about Blanche?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
2. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
3. How does Blanche prepare herself after Mitch rings the doorbell?
4. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
5. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
6. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
7. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
8. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
9. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
10. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)