|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blanche doing as Stanley reveals what he has learned about Blanche to Stella?
2. What are they searching for in Blanche's bag?
3. When did Blanche fall in love with her young husband?
4. Blanche just wants ____________.
5. What does Blanche slam down onto the dressing table?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mitch embarrassed to remove his coat?
2. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
3. What else does Stanley reveal about Blanche in regards to her reputation in Laurel?
4. Why does Blanche think has happened to Mitch that he is not at her party?
5. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
6. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
7. How does Blanche prepare herself after Mitch rings the doorbell?
8. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
9. Why is Stella afraid for Blanche as she realizes that Blanche's past has caught up with her?
10. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The physical altercations in this play are striking, even if you're not seeing them performed. Give three examples of physical altercations that take place in this play. What is the cause of each of these events? Could anything have been done to stop these events? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol seems to fuel many of the fires in this story. And while everyone drinks, it seems that Blanche tries to hide it in some instances. Why is this? Do you think that if alcohol was removed from this story, the events would have played out differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley is an incredible brute as displayed in the play. His temper and his anger seem to be terrifying to read, but yet, Stella says it excites her. Do you believe Stella when she says this? Why or why not? What do you think Stella sees in Stanley that no other person can see?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)