|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the street vendor shouting as the women leave?
2. What does Mitch bring when he arrives at the door?
3. What does Blanche ask Stella to bring her?
4. At what address does the play begin?
5. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
2. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
3. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
4. What does Blanche suggest she and Mitch do when they arrive in the Kowalski's apartment?
5. Why is Mitch embarrassed to remove his coat?
6. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
7. How does Blanche mock her sister's desire?
8. What do Stella and Blanche intend to do the night after Blanche arrives?
9. Why is Blanche concerned about eating unwashed grapes?
10. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
Essay Topic 1
Stanley is an incredible brute as displayed in the play. His temper and his anger seem to be terrifying to read, but yet, Stella says it excites her. Do you believe Stella when she says this? Why or why not? What do you think Stella sees in Stanley that no other person can see?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of putting on a good appearance for others is something Blanche takes very seriously, adjusting her makeup and always making sure she smells good. Why do you think Blanche cares so much about appearances, not just her own? What do proper appearances mean? What do the other characters in the story feel about appearance?
Essay Topic 3
Belle Reve seems to be the last straw for Blanche's sanity and her life. But what really happened to Belle Reve? What do you think happened? Why has this affected Blanche in the way that it does? What other explanation could there be for the downfall of Belle Reve?
This section contains 1,590 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)