|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella confess that Stanley did on their wedding night?
2. Where does Blanche take Stella during her argument with Stanley?
3. What have the men been eating during their poker game?
4. How does Stella view the answer to #76?
5. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stella and Blanche intend to do the night after Blanche arrives?
2. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
3. How does Blanche mock her sister's desire?
4. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
5. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
6. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
7. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
8. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
9. What solution to the argument between Eunice and Steve does Stella find more practical?
10. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Stella seems like a timid and weak character at first glance, but is this really the case? Give three examples of times when Stella is actually a strong force with which to be reckoned. How does she assert herself as someone who is able to take care of herself, even if Stanley does have his way with her?
Essay Topic 3
Spousal abuse is something indirectly addressed in this play. What are some examples of spousal abuse that occur? Why do you think Stella reacts the way she does? Do you think she believes she is being abused? Why or why not? Why does Blanche react the way she does?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)