|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The legal papers that Stanley finds describe how the DuBois men exchanged the land for their epic ___________.
2. Where does Blanche send Stella in order to get some privacy with Stanley?
3. What does Stella say that she and Stanley have that makes everything else unimportant?
4. Where did Blanche meet this old beau in #58?
5. From where is Blanche?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Stanley throws the radio out of the window?
2. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
3. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
4. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
5. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
6. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
7. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
8. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
9. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
10. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol seems to fuel many of the fires in this story. And while everyone drinks, it seems that Blanche tries to hide it in some instances. Why is this? Do you think that if alcohol was removed from this story, the events would have played out differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mitch is an interesting character from the start. He doesn't seem to be like the others, and yet, he doesn't really seem to have a grip on his life or his future. Why do you think Mitch falls for Blanche? Why do you think he can't get past her sordid past? Would these two have made a good couple? Why or why not?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)