|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom has Stanley gotten information about Blanche?
2. What does Stanley grab from Blanche's hand after the incident in #30?
3. Who is the old beau that Blanche says she will call to help them leave?
4. Where does Stanley look for proof of Belle Reve's disposition?
5. From where is Blanche?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blanche mock her sister's desire?
2. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
3. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
4. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
5. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
6. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
7. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
8. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
9. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
10. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mitch is an interesting character from the start. He doesn't seem to be like the others, and yet, he doesn't really seem to have a grip on his life or his future. Why do you think Mitch falls for Blanche? Why do you think he can't get past her sordid past? Would these two have made a good couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol seems to fuel many of the fires in this story. And while everyone drinks, it seems that Blanche tries to hide it in some instances. Why is this? Do you think that if alcohol was removed from this story, the events would have played out differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)