|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
2. What does Stanley grab from Blanche's hand after the incident in #30?
3. When did Blanche meet this old beau?
4. What does Blanche pour onto her handkerchief before she wipes her brow?
5. To what does Blanche compare her sister's desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
2. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
3. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
4. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
5. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
6. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
7. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
8. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
9. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
10. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The physical altercations in this play are striking, even if you're not seeing them performed. Give three examples of physical altercations that take place in this play. What is the cause of each of these events? Could anything have been done to stop these events? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Stanley tells Stella at one point that everything will be better once the baby is born and Blanche is gone. Do you think this is the truth? Why or why not? Do you think Stanley believes what he says? Why or why not? Was Blanche really the cause of their problems or was she just a convenient excuse? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)