|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The legal papers that Stanley finds describe how the DuBois men exchanged the land for their epic ___________.
2. Who threatens to call the police if her husband hits her?
3. When Blanche confesses she is broke, how much money does she say she has?
4. At what address does the play begin?
5. What astrological sign does Blanche say she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
2. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
3. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
4. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
5. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
6. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
7. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
8. What happens after Stanley throws the radio out of the window?
9. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
10. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Spousal abuse is something indirectly addressed in this play. What are some examples of spousal abuse that occur? Why do you think Stella reacts the way she does? Do you think she believes she is being abused? Why or why not? Why does Blanche react the way she does?
Essay Topic 2
The physical altercations in this play are striking, even if you're not seeing them performed. Give three examples of physical altercations that take place in this play. What is the cause of each of these events? Could anything have been done to stop these events? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley tells Stella at one point that everything will be better once the baby is born and Blanche is gone. Do you think this is the truth? Why or why not? Do you think Stanley believes what he says? Why or why not? Was Blanche really the cause of their problems or was she just a convenient excuse? Why or why not?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)