Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
2. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
3. What does Stanley grab roughly from Blanche's trunk?
4. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
5. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
2. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
3. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
4. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
5. Why is Blanche concerned about eating unwashed grapes?
6. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
7. What has Stella told Blanche about her journey?
8. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
9. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
10. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
As a last resort, it seems, Blanche heads to her sister's apartment to seek refuge. Why do you think Blanche decided to go to her sister? What does Stella have to offer that no one else can? What do you think Blanche expects from Stella?
Spousal abuse is something indirectly addressed in this play. What are some examples of spousal abuse that occur? Why do you think Stella reacts the way she does? Do you think she believes she is being abused? Why or why not? Why does Blanche react the way she does?
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)