|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
2. What does Stanley do with the radio?
3. When do Blanche and Stella arrive home?
4. How far did Blanche need to ride the streetcar in #6?
5. Where are Stella and Blanche planning to go together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
2. Why does Blanche think has happened to Mitch that he is not at her party?
3. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
4. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
5. What does Blanche suggest she and Mitch do when they arrive in the Kowalski's apartment?
6. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
7. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
8. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
9. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
10. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
Essay Topic 1
The landlords that live above Stanley and Stella seems to foreshadow the future to which Stella and Stanley can look forward. Is Eunice and Steve's relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? What makes them a couple whom Stella and Stanley can admire? Anything? What is their purpose in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Stella, it seems, left her family in order to be with Stanley. Why do you think she deserted Blanche? Or is that not the case? Why do you think Stella stayed away from Blanche, not even introducing her to her husband? Or was the estrangement mutual? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The light is something that Blanche tries to avoid at all costs - which might be seen as symbolic as well. Why do you think Blanche wants to avoid being seen in the light? What does this say about her character? Is this something that might be a signal of her failing mental health? Give examples of how she tries to avoid the light.
This section contains 1,597 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)