|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
2. What can't Blanche understand that hinders her ability to make the call in #60?
3. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
4. Stanley finds out that Belle Reve was lost through a ___________.
5. What is the street vendor shouting as the women leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
2. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
3. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
4. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
5. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
6. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
7. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
8. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
9. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
10. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of the poker game seems to be a metaphor for the rest of the play. It's a game of strategy, of deception at times, and only one person can win. How does Stanley and Blanche's relationship compare to this game? What are some other ways that Stanley is playing games with Blanche and with his wife?
Essay Topic 2
Stanley is obviously having a good time making Blanche squirm as he reveals her deception. Why do you think he enjoys this so much? What does Stanley stand to gain from finding out the lies about Blanche? Do you think Stanley feels badly at all about Blanche's life up to this point? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)