|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley do as he clutches Stella to his chest?
2. What made Blanche's old beau so successful and rich?
3. What does Blanche do in order to prepare for her night out with Stella?
4. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
5. What is Steve and Eunice's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Stanley throws the radio out of the window?
2. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
3. What is happening between Eunice and Steve at the beginning of scene 5 that frightens Blanche?
4. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
5. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
6. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
7. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
8. What does Stella reveal about Mitch and what does she think of him?
9. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
10. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of putting on a good appearance for others is something Blanche takes very seriously, adjusting her makeup and always making sure she smells good. Why do you think Blanche cares so much about appearances, not just her own? What do proper appearances mean? What do the other characters in the story feel about appearance?
Essay Topic 2
Stanley is an incredible brute as displayed in the play. His temper and his anger seem to be terrifying to read, but yet, Stella says it excites her. Do you believe Stella when she says this? Why or why not? What do you think Stella sees in Stanley that no other person can see?
Essay Topic 3
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)