|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Blanche understand that hinders her ability to make the call in #60?
2. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
3. What does Stanley fear Blanche has done with Belle Reve?
4. At what address does the play begin?
5. Where does Stanley go to get a drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
2. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
3. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
4. What does Stella reveal about Mitch and what does she think of him?
5. What solution to the argument between Eunice and Steve does Stella find more practical?
6. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
7. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
8. What does Blanche tell Stella about her reason for coming to New Orleans?
9. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
10. What do Stella and Blanche intend to do the night after Blanche arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mitch is an interesting character from the start. He doesn't seem to be like the others, and yet, he doesn't really seem to have a grip on his life or his future. Why do you think Mitch falls for Blanche? Why do you think he can't get past her sordid past? Would these two have made a good couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Spousal abuse is something indirectly addressed in this play. What are some examples of spousal abuse that occur? Why do you think Stella reacts the way she does? Do you think she believes she is being abused? Why or why not? Why does Blanche react the way she does?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley tells Stella at one point that everything will be better once the baby is born and Blanche is gone. Do you think this is the truth? Why or why not? Do you think Stanley believes what he says? Why or why not? Was Blanche really the cause of their problems or was she just a convenient excuse? Why or why not?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)