Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
2. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
3. What does Stanley grab roughly from Blanche's trunk?
4. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
5. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
2. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
3. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
4. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
5. Why is Blanche concerned about eating unwashed grapes?
6. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
7. What has Stella told Blanche about her journey?
8. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
9. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
10. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
Essay Topic 1
The physical altercations in this play are striking, even if you're not seeing them performed. Give three examples of physical altercations that take place in this play. What is the cause of each of these events? Could anything have been done to stop these events? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Belle Reve seems to be the last straw for Blanche's sanity and her life. But what really happened to Belle Reve? What do you think happened? Why has this affected Blanche in the way that it does? What other explanation could there be for the downfall of Belle Reve?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley tells Stella at one point that everything will be better once the baby is born and Blanche is gone. Do you think this is the truth? Why or why not? Do you think Stanley believes what he says? Why or why not? Was Blanche really the cause of their problems or was she just a convenient excuse? Why or why not?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)