Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
2. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
3. What does Stanley grab roughly from Blanche's trunk?
4. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
5. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
2. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
3. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
4. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
5. Why is Blanche concerned about eating unwashed grapes?
6. What is the explanation that Blanche offers to Stanley for her odd, dressed-up appearance?
7. What has Stella told Blanche about her journey?
8. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
9. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
10. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
Essay Topic 1
The light is something that Blanche tries to avoid at all costs - which might be seen as symbolic as well. Why do you think Blanche wants to avoid being seen in the light? What does this say about her character? Is this something that might be a signal of her failing mental health? Give examples of how she tries to avoid the light.
Essay Topic 2
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)