|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
2. What does Stanley grab from Blanche's hand after the incident in #30?
3. What does Stella say about the event in #56? I was sort of ________ by it.
4. What does Stella say she does when Stanley arrives home after a work trip?
5. How much money did Stanley give to Stella as a peace offering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
2. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
3. What do Stella and Blanche intend to do the night after Blanche arrives?
4. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
5. What does Blanche do when she finds a bottle of whiskey in Stella's apartment?
6. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
7. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
8. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
9. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
10. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Stella seems like a timid and weak character at first glance, but is this really the case? Give three examples of times when Stella is actually a strong force with which to be reckoned. How does she assert herself as someone who is able to take care of herself, even if Stanley does have his way with her?
Essay Topic 3
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)