|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
2. What does Blanche do in order to prepare for her night out with Stella?
3. After Blanche took a streetcar named Desire, what was the next car she needed to take?
4. Where does Blanche take Stella during her argument with Stanley?
5. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
2. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
3. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
4. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
5. What does Stanley guess that Blanche is going back for when he retreats to the bedroom one last time?
6. What solution to the argument between Eunice and Steve does Stella find more practical?
7. Who is playing poker with Stanley at the beginning of Scene 3?
8. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
9. What else does Stanley reveal about Blanche in regards to her reputation in Laurel?
10. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blanche is a character that has known much pain in her life. Give three examples of horrible things that have happened in her life. How have these events seemed to change her? Do you think she would have fared better in life had these events not happened? Or were these events necessary for her to experience? Why or why not. How responsible was she for causing each event?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, Blanche is taken away, seemingly crazy and in need of help. But what are the signs that might have indicated she was mentally unstable long before she was taken away? Give at least three signs that Blanche needed mental health attention. Do you think she was actually crazy? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
As a last resort, it seems, Blanche heads to her sister's apartment to seek refuge. Why do you think Blanche decided to go to her sister? What does Stella have to offer that no one else can? What do you think Blanche expects from Stella?
This section contains 1,672 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)