|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
2. What does Stella say about the event in #56? I was sort of ________ by it.
3. What does Blanche find to drink as she is waiting in Stella's apartment?
4. Blanche begs Stella, "Don't hang back with the __________!"
5. Where did Blanche meet this old beau in #58?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
2. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
3. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
4. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
5. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
6. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
7. What does Blanche tell Stella about her reason for coming to New Orleans?
8. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
9. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
10. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The landlords that live above Stanley and Stella seems to foreshadow the future to which Stella and Stanley can look forward. Is Eunice and Steve's relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? What makes them a couple whom Stella and Stanley can admire? Anything? What is their purpose in the play?
Essay Topic 2
The light is something that Blanche tries to avoid at all costs - which might be seen as symbolic as well. Why do you think Blanche wants to avoid being seen in the light? What does this say about her character? Is this something that might be a signal of her failing mental health? Give examples of how she tries to avoid the light.
Essay Topic 3
It could be argued that Stanley actually wants Blanche for his own as he is always focusing his attention on her and trying to find out more about her. What do you think about this theory? Do you think Stanley actually is attracted to Blanche? Why or why not? Do you think Stella sees this as a possibility? Why or why not?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)