|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blanche tell Stanley that Mitch did?
(a) Begged for forgiveness and brought roses
(b) Never showed up
(c) Hit her
(d) Told her that she was a liar
2. What does Blanche hear after she opens Stanley's gift to her?
(a) A train
(b) A streetcar
(c) The radio
(d) Polka music
3. Stella chastises Stanley for his poor _________ and greasy ____________.
(a) Jokes, shirt
(b) Conversation, pants
(c) Manners, fingers
(d) Manners, hands
4. Stanley believes that everything will be all right with Stella once Blanche leaves and _________.
(a) He can control his temper
(b) The baby is born
(c) They move away
(d) He makes more money
5. Who does Stella accuse of making up lies about Blanche?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special occasion that is about to begin?
2. What does Blanche pull out to wear?
3. About what does Stanley say that he and Stella used to like being together?
4. Where did Mitch and Blanche go for their date?
5. Why is the atmosphere tense at Blanche's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Stella confronts Stanley on the porch about his rude behavior, what does Stanley say?
2. What does Blanche confess to Mitch about her life?
3. Why is Mitch confused about the signals that Blanche has been giving during their date?
4. Where do Mitch and Blanche go for their first date?
5. Why does Stanley think Mitch will not come to Blanche's birthday party?
6. How does Stanley break down Blanche's fantasy?
7. How does Stanley explain his ethnic background to Blanche?
8. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
9. What does Blanche put on as she pulls her trunk into the center of the bedroom?
10. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)