|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
(a) A trip to the Western Union office
(b) A bus ticket
(c) A bottle of alcohol
(d) Five dollars
2. What is Stella reading in bed?
(a) A comic book
(b) A novel
(c) A catalog
(d) A romance novel
3. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
(a) Her background
(b) Her lies
(c) Her age
(d) Her appearance
4. What is her old beau's marital status?
5. Who is the one person that Blanches does not meet right away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
2. How does Stella view the answer to #76?
3. Blanche is worried about getting soft and old and not being able to ___________.
4. What astrological sign does Blanche say she is?
5. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
2. What happens after Stanley throws the radio out of the window?
3. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
4. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
5. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
6. What does Blanche tell Stella about her reason for coming to New Orleans?
7. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
8. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
9. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
10. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)