|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella ask Stanley to do for Blanche?
(a) Let her use their phone
(b) Compliment her
(c) Buy her more liquor
(d) Take her out
2. What does Stanley do when Stella asks them to wrap up their game?
(a) He agrees and sends the men home
(b) He says no and slaps her on the rear.
(c) He hits her in the face
(d) He smiles and tells her to go away
3. What does Stella say about the event in #56? I was sort of ________ by it.
4. What does Blanche ask Stella to bring her?
(a) A bottle of whisky
(c) A lemon coke
(d) A cookie
5. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
(a) Her appearance
(b) Her lies
(c) Her age
(d) Her background
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom has Stanley gotten information about Blanche?
2. To whom does Blanche decide to write a letter?
3. Who ends up with a bump on the head?
4. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
5. Where are Stella and Blanche planning to go together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley reveal to Stella about Blanche, that he found out additionally?
2. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
3. How does Blanche explain her fear of being seen in the light?
4. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
5. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
6. What is Stella's explanation as to why Blanche is so flighty?
7. Why does Stanley think Mitch will not come to Blanche's birthday party?
8. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
9. What does Blanche tell Stella about her reason for coming to New Orleans?
10. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)