|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
(a) Reading the paper
(b) Hosting a poker game
(d) Watching TV
2. Where does Stanley go to get a drink?
(a) Blue Room
(b) Four Deuces
(c) Wild Hearts
(d) Village City
3. What does Stella say she does when Stanley arrives home after a work trip?
(a) Gives him a kiss
(b) Cries in his lap like a baby
(d) Leaves as soon as he walks in the door
4. What has Blanche said she is learning from Steve?
(a) A new language
(b) An instrument
(c) How to cook
(d) The basics of real estate
5. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
(a) The phone rings
(b) The foam spills on her dress
(c) Stanley returns and hits her
(d) The coke is flat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella say about the event in #56? I was sort of ________ by it.
2. What does Stanley fear Blanche has done with Belle Reve?
3. To where do Stella and Blanche retreat?
4. Where did Blanche meet this old beau in #58?
5. At what address does the play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
2. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
3. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
4. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
5. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
6. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
7. What is happening between Eunice and Steve at the beginning of scene 5 that frightens Blanche?
8. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
9. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
10. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)