|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blanche is worried about getting soft and old and not being able to ___________.
(a) Make money
(b) Turn the trick
(c) Impress Stanley
(d) Fall in love
2. When did Blanche meet this old beau?
(a) Valentine's Day
3. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
(a) A work trip
(b) A leave of absence
(c) A permanent sabbatical
(d) A vacation
4. At what address does the play begin?
(a) 623 Elysian Fields
(b) 632 Elysian Fields
(c) 145 Desire
(d) 132 Elysian Fields
5. In what town does Stanley say he heard Blanche used to frequent a seedy hotel?
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche ask Mitch to hang over a bare light bulb in the room?
2. When Blanche confesses she is broke, how much money does she say she has?
3. To what does Blanche compare her sister's desire?
4. What astrological sign does Blanche say she is?
5. To where do Stella and Blanche retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
2. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
3. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
4. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
5. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
6. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
7. Who is playing poker with Stanley at the beginning of Scene 3?
8. What is happening between Eunice and Steve at the beginning of scene 5 that frightens Blanche?
9. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
10. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)