|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mitch get his silver cigarette case?
(a) He bought it
(b) His dad owned it
(c) From a young girl who died
(d) As a birthday present from his wife
2. The legal papers that Stanley finds describe how the DuBois men exchanged the land for their epic ___________.
3. What is Stella reading in bed?
(a) A romance novel
(b) A catalog
(c) A comic book
(d) A novel
4. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
(a) She asks Stella if it's okay
(b) She says she rarely touches liquor
(c) She says she's already had a few
(d) She immediately accepts
5. Blanche begs Stella, "Don't hang back with the __________!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Blanche need to ride the streetcar in #6?
2. What can't Blanche understand that hinders her ability to make the call in #60?
3. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
4. When Blanche confesses she is broke, how much money does she say she has?
5. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
2. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
3. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
4. What is happening between Eunice and Steve at the beginning of scene 5 that frightens Blanche?
5. What does Stella reveal about Mitch and what does she think of him?
6. What happens between Blanche and the teenage boy that comes to collect for the newspaper?
7. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
8. How does Blanche mock her sister's desire?
9. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
10. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)