|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
(a) Asks Stella to go to the store for more alcohol
(b) Leaves for a hotel
(c) Takes off his shirt
(d) Drinks all the whiskey himself
2. What has Blanche said she is learning from Steve?
(a) An instrument
(b) How to cook
(c) The basics of real estate
(d) A new language
3. What does Stanley fear Blanche has done with Belle Reve?
(a) Sold it
(b) Given it away
(c) Ruined it
(d) Torched it
4. Who threatens to call the police if her husband hits her?
(b) The old Negro woman
5. How much money did Stanley give to Stella as a peace offering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley lecture Stella on as he tries to determine what happened to Belle Reve?
2. What does Stella say that she and Stanley have that makes everything else unimportant?
3. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
4. From whom has Stanley gotten information about Blanche?
5. Where does Blanche send Stella in order to get some privacy with Stanley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
2. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
3. How does Stella describe her relationship with Stanley?
4. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
5. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
6. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
7. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
8. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
9. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
10. What is Blanche afraid of in terms of her relationship with Mitch?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)