|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella confess that Stanley did on their wedding night?
(a) Broke all the light bulbs in the room with her shoe
(b) Beat her unconscious
(c) Admitted he didn't love her
(d) Left her alone in their bedroom
2. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
(a) They threaten to call the police
(b) A walk in the street
(c) A cold shower
(d) They make jokes
3. To where do Stella and Blanche retreat?
(a) The porch
(b) The bedroom
(c) The street
(d) The bathroom
4. What does Blanche ask Stella to bring her?
(a) A bottle of whisky
(b) A cookie
(c) A lemon coke
5. What does Stanley grab from Blanche's hand after the incident in #30?
(a) Her rings
(b) The atomizer
(c) The paper
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Blanche been staying with the Kowalskis?
2. Who threatens to call the police if her husband hits her?
3. Where did Mitch get his silver cigarette case?
4. In what city does the story take place?
5. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
2. What is Stella's explanation for Stanley's behavior the night before?
3. Where is Blanche actually going, with the help of Eunice?
4. Why does Stanley come home, leaving Stella at the hospital?
5. What does Blanche do when she finds a bottle of whiskey in Stella's apartment?
6. Who is playing poker with Stanley at the beginning of Scene 3?
7. When Stella tells Stanley about the loss of Belle Reve, what is his response?
8. What does Blanche ask Mitch in French, though he can not understand what she is saying?
9. Why does Blanche think has happened to Mitch that he is not at her party?
10. What really happened at Blanche's teaching job that caused her to come to New Orleans?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)