|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blanche pour onto her handkerchief before she wipes her brow?
2. When do Blanche and Stella arrive home?
3. Where does Blanche take Stella during her argument with Stanley?
(a) Into the street
(b) To the bedroom
(c) Onto the streetcar
(d) Eunice's apartment
4. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
(a) A vacation
(b) A work trip
(c) A leave of absence
(d) A permanent sabbatical
5. What is the street vendor shouting as the women leave?
(a) Red hot
(b) Death is coming
(c) Cold ones here
(d) All you can eat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blanche find to drink as she is waiting in Stella's apartment?
2. What does Stella confess that Stanley did on their wedding night?
3. What have the men been eating during their poker game?
4. Blanche is worried about getting soft and old and not being able to ___________.
5. Who comes to the apartment after Stella leaves for the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Stella decides to go watch Stanley bowl?
2. What happened on Stella's wedding night that horrifies Blanche, but Stella admits thrilled her?
3. What does Stella reveal about Mitch and what does she think of him?
4. How does Mitch first make small talk with Blanche?
5. What do Stella and Blanche intend to do the night after Blanche arrives?
6. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
7. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
8. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
9. Who lives at 632 Elysian Fields, as the play opens in "A Streetcar Named Desire"?
10. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)