|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blanche pour onto her handkerchief before she wipes her brow?
2. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
(a) Stanley returns and hits her
(b) The phone rings
(c) The coke is flat
(d) The foam spills on her dress
3. What does Stanley do when Stella asks them to wrap up their game?
(a) He says no and slaps her on the rear.
(b) He hits her in the face
(c) He smiles and tells her to go away
(d) He agrees and sends the men home
4. How far did Blanche need to ride the streetcar in #6?
(a) 5 blocks
(b) 10 blocks
(c) 2 blocks
(d) 6 blocks
5. Who is the old beau that Blanche says she will call to help them leave?
(a) Shep Huntleigh
(b) Marcel Dernier
(c) Thomas Argulo
(d) Allan Peters
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
2. What is the drink of choice at the poker game?
3. What is Stella reading in bed?
4. What does Stanley grab roughly from Blanche's trunk?
5. Where does Stanley look for proof of Belle Reve's disposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What proof does Stanley find that makes him believe that Blanche may have spent an inheritance?
2. What does Mitch do when Blanche asks him to guess her weight?
3. What shows that Stella is not upset about the previous night's events anymore?
4. What does Blanche do even though Stella begs her not to?
5. How could a reader describe Stanley Kowalski?
6. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
7. What happens to let Blanche and Stanley to be alone together?
8. What does Stanley guess that Blanche is going back for when he retreats to the bedroom one last time?
9. Who is playing poker with Stanley at the beginning of Scene 3?
10. Why does Blanche tell Stella not to light the candles on the birthday cake?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)