|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town does Stanley say he heard Blanche used to frequent a seedy hotel?
(b) New Orleans
2. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
(a) A permanent sabbatical
(b) A work trip
(c) A leave of absence
(d) A vacation
3. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
(a) A trip to the Western Union office
(b) Five dollars
(c) A bottle of alcohol
(d) A bus ticket
4. From whom has Stanley gotten information about Blanche?
5. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
(a) That she doesn't like her very much
(b) That she kept Belle Reve for herself
(c) That she is pregnant
(d) That she is leaving
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men attempt to calm Stanley down?
2. What is her old beau's marital status?
3. How does Stella view the answer to #76?
4. What does Stella say she does when Stanley arrives home after a work trip?
5. What has Blanche said she is learning from Steve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening between Eunice and Steve at the beginning of scene 5 that frightens Blanche?
2. What does Blanche tell Stella about her reason for coming to New Orleans?
3. What does Stella reveal about Mitch and what does she think of him?
4. Why is Stanley taunting Blanche more at this point in the story?
5. What does Stella say is more important to her than any other thing in her relationship?
6. What does Blanche suggest they do in order to leave Stanley and the "situation" behind?
7. Why doesn't Stella introduce Mitch to Blanche when they arrive home from their night out?
8. What has happened to Belle Reve, according to Blanche and to the papers she shows Stanley from her trunk?
9. What has Shaw revealed to Stanley about Blanche?
10. Why does Stanley get so upset about the idea of Belle Reve being lost?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)