|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
(a) That she kept Belle Reve for herself
(b) That she is leaving
(c) That she is pregnant
(d) That she doesn't like her very much
2. Who does Blanche attempt to call?
(a) Allan Peters
(b) Marcel Dernier
(c) Shep Huntleigh
(d) Western Union
3. What does Stella say that she and Stanley have that makes everything else unimportant?
(b) A baby
4. In what city does the story take place?
(d) New Orleans
5. What does Stanley grab from Blanche's hand after the incident in #30?
(a) The atomizer
(b) A book
(c) The paper
(d) Her rings
6. To what does Blanche compare her sister's desire?
(a) A runaway horse
(b) A candle
(c) A train
(d) A streetcar
7. How long has it been since Stella left Blanche to handle the deaths of their relatives?
(a) A year
(b) A few weeks
(c) About 6 months
(d) 10 years
8. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
(a) Reading the paper
(b) Watching TV
(d) Hosting a poker game
9. What does Blanche do that annoys Stanley?
(a) Flirts with the men
(b) Turns on the radio
(c) Tells him to stop playing
(d) Drinks his beer
10. Where does Blanche send Stella in order to get some privacy with Stanley?
(a) To the bathroom
(b) To the bar
(c) To the drugstore
11. What is Stella reading in bed?
(a) A comic book
(b) A romance novel
(c) A novel
(d) A catalog
12. Where does Blanche take Stella during her argument with Stanley?
(a) Into the street
(b) Onto the streetcar
(c) Eunice's apartment
(d) To the bedroom
13. What has Blanche said she is learning from Steve?
(a) An instrument
(b) The basics of real estate
(c) How to cook
(d) A new language
14. From whom has Stanley gotten information about Blanche?
15. What does Blanche ask Mitch to hang over a bare light bulb in the room?
(a) A scarf
(b) A shirt
(c) A paper lantern
(d) A newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Blanche understand that hinders her ability to make the call in #60?
2. What does Blanche pour onto her handkerchief before she wipes her brow?
3. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
4. Where are Stella and Blanche planning to go together?
5. Who is the one person that Blanches does not meet right away?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)