Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stanley offers Blanche a drink, how does she answer?
(a) She says she's already had a few
(b) She says she rarely touches liquor
(c) She immediately accepts
(d) She asks Stella if it's okay
2. Why does Blanche think Mitch will lose interest in her?
(a) Her lies
(b) Her appearance
(c) Her background
(d) Her age
3. What does Stanley grab roughly from Blanche's trunk?
(a) A bottle of perfume
(b) The deed
(c) Love letters
4. What will Stanley be doing when the women are out?
(b) Watching TV
(c) Hosting a poker game
(d) Reading the paper
5. Who is the muscular and unrefined auto parts supplier?
6. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
(a) Five dollars
(b) A bottle of alcohol
(c) A trip to the Western Union office
(d) A bus ticket
7. What does Stella say that she and Stanley have that makes everything else unimportant?
(d) A baby
8. Where does Stella decide to go in order to join Stanley for the evening?
(a) The bowling alley
(b) A club
(c) A fancy restaurant
(d) The lounge
9. Who threatens to call the police if her husband hits her?
(c) The old Negro woman
10. How far did Blanche need to ride the streetcar in #6?
(a) 6 blocks
(b) 10 blocks
(c) 2 blocks
(d) 5 blocks
11. At what address does the play begin?
(a) 132 Elysian Fields
(b) 145 Desire
(c) 632 Elysian Fields
(d) 623 Elysian Fields
12. What does Stanley fear Blanche has done with Belle Reve?
(a) Given it away
(b) Torched it
(c) Ruined it
(d) Sold it
13. What does Blanche ask Stella for in order to calm her nerves?
(a) A drink
(b) A glass of water
(c) A pill
(d) A cigarette
14. What does Stanley do that shows he is unrefined, but in his eyes, practical?
(a) Asks Stella to go to the store for more alcohol
(b) Takes off his shirt
(c) Leaves for a hotel
(d) Drinks all the whiskey himself
15. What causes Blanche to scream after Stella pours her a coke?
(a) Stanley returns and hits her
(b) The coke is flat
(c) The foam spills on her dress
(d) The phone rings
Short Answer Questions
1. Blanche begs Stella, "Don't hang back with the __________!"
2. Who enters the apartment unnoticed as a loud train passes by?
3. What is Stella reading in bed?
4. To where do Stella and Blanche retreat?
5. What does Blanche reveal she is on since leaving teaching because of her nerves?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)