|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Blanche took a streetcar named Desire, what was the next car she needed to take?
2. What is the drink of choice at the poker game?
3. Where does Stanley look for proof of Belle Reve's disposition?
(a) At the local title office
(b) In Blanche's trunk
(c) In Stella's purse
(d) At the bank
4. What does Blanche pour onto her handkerchief before she wipes her brow?
5. What does Stella want to keep a secret from Blanche?
(a) That she is leaving
(b) That she is pregnant
(c) That she kept Belle Reve for herself
(d) That she doesn't like her very much
6. Where does Blanche take Stella during her argument with Stanley?
(a) Onto the streetcar
(b) Into the street
(c) Eunice's apartment
(d) To the bedroom
7. What does Stella confess that Stanley did on their wedding night?
(a) Broke all the light bulbs in the room with her shoe
(b) Admitted he didn't love her
(c) Left her alone in their bedroom
(d) Beat her unconscious
8. What does Stanley do when Stella asks them to wrap up their game?
(a) He says no and slaps her on the rear.
(b) He hits her in the face
(c) He agrees and sends the men home
(d) He smiles and tells her to go away
9. At what address does the play begin?
(a) 632 Elysian Fields
(b) 132 Elysian Fields
(c) 145 Desire
(d) 623 Elysian Fields
10. What is Harold Mitchell's nickname?
11. What does Stanley lecture Stella on as he tries to determine what happened to Belle Reve?
(a) Manifest Destiny
(b) Land ownership legislation
(c) The Napoleonic Code
(d) Property rights
12. Who enters the apartment unnoticed as a loud train passes by?
13. What does Stanley fear Blanche has done with Belle Reve?
(a) Ruined it
(b) Torched it
(c) Sold it
(d) Given it away
14. What does Stella offer to Blanche?
(a) A bus ticket
(b) Five dollars
(c) A bottle of alcohol
(d) A trip to the Western Union office
15. Who is the old beau that Blanche says she will call to help them leave?
(a) Allan Peters
(b) Shep Huntleigh
(c) Thomas Argulo
(d) Marcel Dernier
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stella say she does when Stanley arrives home after a work trip?
2. In what town does Stanley say he heard Blanche used to frequent a seedy hotel?
3. What does Stanley caress as they make up after their argument?
4. Who ends up with a bump on the head?
5. Where did Blanche meet this old beau in #58?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)