|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the locals want to do with Kin?
(a) Send her to an inquisition.
(b) Perform an exorcism on her.
(c) Send her to a convent.
(d) Execute her.
2. What interrupts Kin the second time she tries to bathe?
(a) An attack by a dragon.
(b) A group of men who take her into custody.
(c) A sudden storm.
(d) A distress call from Silver.
3. Kin and the others discover that the first island they land on after leaving the sailor's home is really which of the following?
(a) A mechanical volcano.
(b) A free-floating mangrove island.
(c) A giant turtle.
(d) A submerged mountain.
4. What are the real motives of the man whom the characters meet in the desert?
(a) He wants to prevent Kin and the others from reaching the hub.
(b) He wants revenge for Jago's theft.
(c) He wants to turn Kin into the authorities for a bounty.
(d) He wants to rob Kin and the others.
5. Where do the explorers sleep that night?
(a) In an inn.
(b) In a great hall.
(c) In a stable.
(d) On the floor of a crowded tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kin take with her from her hiding place?
2. What do the explorers steal as they flee after the man whom they meet in the desert turns on them?
3. What do the explorers hope to find at the center of the planet?
4. What destroys the dumbwaiter?
5. For what does the man whom the characters meet in the desert want to trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kin rescued, and what do the characters think about the manner or her rescue?
2. What causes the brawl in the Great Hall?
3. What do the locals intend to do with Kin, and how is this prevented?
4. What does the group discover at the ship's crash-site?
5. What are the man on the flying carpet's real motivations?
6. What does the group do with the winged demon?
7. How are the explorers greeted when they reach the sailors' homeland?
8. Describe the creature put into the cell next to Kin. What does the group eventually learn and speculate about it?
9. What is Marco's plan, and what do Kin and Silver think about it?
10. How does the group confirm that they are being followed?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)