|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kin take with her from her hiding place?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A map.
(d) A spyglass.
2. How does Kin propose to find new Shand proteins for Silver?
(a) By searching for help at the hub.
(b) By returning to the ship.
(c) By going directly to Shand when they leave the flat planet.
(d) By using a technological device from the flat planet.
3. What is the result of Kin's attempt to take revenge for her friend's imprisonment?
(a) She is badly injured.
(b) The building is set on fire.
(c) The entire town guard is alerted.
(d) The building is destroyed.
4. The man whom the characters meet in the desert wants to trade away what kind of an object?
(a) A flying statue.
(b) A magical sword.
(c) A magical table.
(d) A flying carpet.
5. Where does the flying statue take Kin?
(a) To the top of a tall tower.
(b) Back to the crashed ship.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) Outside the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marco's opinion about the demon?
2. How did Kin acquire the object she uses to heal the injured locals?
3. What interrupts Kin and Silver's conversation?
4. What special property does the flying carpet have?
5. The winged demon has which of the following capabilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the brawl in the Great Hall?
2. What do the explorers come to believe about the machinery of the planet?
3. What does the group discover at the ship's crash-site?
4. What are the man on the flying carpet's real motivations?
5. How are the explorers greeted when they reach the sailors' homeland?
6. What happens to Kin and the others at the end of this section?
7. What is unusual about the first island that Kin and the others come to after leaving the sailors' homeland? What danger does the group face there?
8. How do Kin's feelings about the Company begin to change soon after the dumbwaiter is destroyed?
9. What does the group do with the winged demon?
10. Why is Kin arrested?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)