|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without day credits, employees of the Company would suffer what effects?
(b) Almost immediate death.
(d) Rapid aging.
2. Which character claims to have visited a planet with technology so advanced it could have only been created by the Spindle Kings?
(a) Kin Arad.
(d) Jago Jalo.
3. The natives that Kin and the others initially meet are similar to what historical culture on Earth?
(a) The Vikings.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The ancient Greeks.
4. According to Joel, Company employees who do not receive life-extending treatments would continue to possess what quality?
(a) Their loyalty to the Company.
(b) Their mental capability.
(c) Their young appearance.
(d) All of their memories.
5. Kin thinks that the humans on the flat planet suspect which of the following?
(a) The ship is an instrument of the devil.
(b) Their planet is artificial.
(c) Their planet is flat.
(d) The ship is an alien craft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Silver's profession?
2. The characters see what feature at the edge of the flat planet?
3. What is Kin Arad's job?
4. Why does Jago have a heart attack?
5. How does Marco view himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jago die?
2. What is the result of the attack on the group, and what do they learn about their attackers?
3. According to Joel, what are the consequences of the forgery of day bills? What does Joel do as a result?
4. What things are unusual about the ship that Jago arranged for the expedition?
5. Describe the steps Kin goes through to get to the ship after she arrives at Kung.
6. How do Kin and the others help the sailors who try to visit them?
7. What is unusual about the raven's behavior as the group prepares to leave Kung?
8. What do Kin and the others do with Jago after he dies? What do they plan to do with him in the future?
9. What are some of the technological resources that the group has at their disposal, and how will these things help them?
10. What are Shand proteins, and how are they important to Silver?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)