|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silver learn about by studying Kin's books?
(a) Kin's life-story.
(b) Kin's work with the Company.
(c) The history of the Spindle Kings and the Wheelers.
(d) The history of humanity.
2. What do Kin and Jago need to do at the first planet to which they are headed?
(a) Meet up with the ship that will go to the flat planet.
(b) Meet with Jago's employer.
(c) Find a crew for their ship.
(d) Escape from the Company's oversight.
3. On what planet was Marco raised?
(b) The flat planet.
4. One of the devices that Jago Jalo shows to Kin is capable of creating unlimited amounts of which of the following?
5. What does Kin do with Jago's forgery?
(a) Forgets about it.
(b) Destroys it.
(c) Gives it to Joel.
(d) Has it tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the company, how is the position of "watcher" regarded?
2. When Kin agrees to go with Jago Jalo, he arranges to take her first to what planet?
3. What vital thing does Silver need from the dumbwaiter?
4. Why does Jago have a heart attack?
5. The characters see what feature at the edge of the flat planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the explorers first interactions with the inhabitants of the flat planet.
2. What are Shand proteins, and how are they important to Silver?
3. Describe Silver's appearance and personality. Why is she interested in the flat planet?
4. What is Marco's background, and what does he believe about himself?
5. Who were the Spindle Kings, and what were they like?
6. What things are unusual about the ship that Jago arranged for the expedition?
7. Why does Kin feel conflicted about going with Jago?
8. As they fly around the flat planet, what do Kin and the others observe and conclude about it?
9. What happens to the ship during its approach to the surface, and what is the result of this?
10. Who is Jago Jalo, and why does he seek out Kin Arad?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)