|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kin's attempt to take revenge for her friend's imprisonment?
(a) She is badly injured.
(b) The building is destroyed.
(c) The entire town guard is alerted.
(d) The building is set on fire.
2. How did Kin acquire the object she uses to heal the injured locals?
(a) From a wizard-like invidiual.
(b) She brought it from the ship.
(c) She found it mysteriously in her pack.
(d) From the dumbwaiter.
3. Where does the flying statue take Kin?
(a) Outside the city.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) Back to the crashed ship.
(d) To the top of a tall tower.
4. Where do the explorers sleep that night?
(a) In a stable.
(b) On the floor of a crowded tavern.
(c) In a great hall.
(d) In an inn.
5. Kin helps heal some injured locals by using which of the following?
(a) A medical sphere.
(b) A poultice.
(c) A healing potion.
(d) An injection of nanites.
6. What do the explorers see as they fly over the ocean after leaving the sailor's home?
(a) Seafaring craft from a variety of cultures.
(b) A strange dead animal.
(c) A huge collection of sunken ships.
(d) An impossibly large whale.
7. Kin and the others discover that a water pipe was destroyed by which of the following?
(a) The spaceship.
(b) A group of dragons.
(c) A falling chunk of machinery.
(d) The locals.
8. The demon claims that is was knocked out of the sky by _________.
(a) A boat.
(b) A spaceship.
(c) A being similar to Silver.
(d) A falling star.
9. What does Kin dislike about the way Marco rescues her?
(a) He takes too long in coming to her rescue.
(b) He uses excessive force against the guards.
(c) He destroys the entire building she is held in.
(d) He tries to make himself seem like a hero.
10. The group discovers a monument of some kind which is somewhat like which real world monument?
(a) Stone Henge.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) Mount Rushmore.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
11. What unusual thing about the ocean do the explorer's notice as they fly over it after leaving the sailor's home?
(a) It is divided into reserviors.
(b) It has no tides.
(c) There is strange flow of water in at least one area..
(d) There are numerous whirlpools in some areas..
12. How does the winged demon communicate with Kin?
(a) By telepathy.
(b) By taking control of people around it and forcing them to speak.
(c) It does not communicate in any way.
(d) By writing with its claw.
13. Kin and the others discover that the first island they land on after leaving the sailor's home is really which of the following?
(a) A giant turtle.
(b) A mechanical volcano.
(c) A free-floating mangrove island.
(d) A submerged mountain.
14. The flying statue that takes Kin out of the place she hides in has the form of which of the following?
(a) A griffin.
(b) A giant eagle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dragon.
15. When they land on an island after leaving the sailor's people, what does Kin attempt to do?
(a) Find the locals.
(b) Start a cooking fire.
(d) Determine their latitude and longitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group discover at the center of the ship?
2. In what type of a building are Marco and Silver imprisoned?
3. Where does the fight between Kin and the man that the character's bargained with take place?
4. Of what is the magical table made?
5. What does Kin request from the Djinnee?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)