|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special property does the magical table possess?
(a) It can move on its own.
(b) It can create almost anything a person wishes for.
(c) It weighs nothing.
(d) It can increase or diminish in size.
2. The destroyed water pipe is believed to perform what function?
(a) Drains the surrounding area.
(b) Carries fresh water to a nearby well.
(c) Returns water from the edge of the disc.
(d) Fills a nearby lake.
3. What are the real motives of the man whom the characters meet in the desert?
(a) He wants to rob Kin and the others.
(b) He wants to turn Kin into the authorities for a bounty.
(c) He wants to prevent Kin and the others from reaching the hub.
(d) He wants revenge for Jago's theft.
4. The man whom the characters meet in the desert wants to trade away what kind of an object?
(a) A magical table.
(b) A flying statue.
(c) A flying carpet.
(d) A magical sword.
5. When they land on an island after leaving the sailor's people, what does Kin attempt to do?
(b) Find the locals.
(c) Start a cooking fire.
(d) Determine their latitude and longitude.
6. What does the group eventually decide to do with the winged demon?
(a) Take it with them to the center of the disc.
(b) Let it go.
(c) Send it back to the locals.
(d) Kill it.
7. The demon claims that is was knocked out of the sky by _________.
(a) A boat.
(b) A falling star.
(c) A spaceship.
(d) A being similar to Silver.
8. What interrupts Kin and Silver's conversation?
(a) A fight breaks out in the great hall.
(b) The locals ask them to move on.
(c) A large meteor falls nearby.
(d) Silver suddenly falls asleep.
9. How does Kin propose to find new Shand proteins for Silver?
(a) By using a technological device from the flat planet.
(b) By going directly to Shand when they leave the flat planet.
(c) By searching for help at the hub.
(d) By returning to the ship.
10. What does Kin ask Marco to do with the demon?
(a) Take it captive.
(b) See if it is also a robot.
(c) Free it.
(d) Kill it.
11. What interrupts Kin the second time she tries to bathe?
(a) An attack by a dragon.
(b) A distress call from Silver.
(c) A group of men who take her into custody.
(d) A sudden storm.
12. Where does Kin hide from her captors?
(a) A crowded tavern.
(b) A market.
(c) A storage room.
(d) A busy street.
13. The flying statue that takes Kin out of the place she hides in has the form of which of the following?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A griffin.
(c) A horse.
(d) A giant eagle.
14. What sort of person is asked to act as a negotiator for the barter that takes place between the explorers and the man they meet in the desert?
(a) A Djinnee.
(b) A talking statue.
(c) A priest.
(d) A merchant.
15. What does Marco do with the demon, despite Kin's suggestion?
(a) He tries to reason with it.
(b) He sets it free.
(c) He takes it prisoner.
(d) He kills it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys the dumbwaiter?
2. What do Kin and Silver conclude about the raven?
3. With regards to Silver's impending madness, what course of action does Kin initially suggest?
4. What do the explorers see as they fly over the ocean after leaving the sailor's home?
5. What is the result of Kin's attempt to take revenge for her friend's imprisonment?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)