|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the locals want to do with Kin?
(a) Send her to an inquisition.
(b) Execute her.
(c) Perform an exorcism on her.
(d) Send her to a convent.
2. What is Marco's opinion about the demon?
(a) He dislikes it and wants to kill it.
(b) He wants to trust it, but can't bring himself to.
(c) He empathizes with its violent spirit.
(d) He thinks it is leading the group into a trap.
3. Kin and Silver discuss what unusual property of the stars?
(a) They seem to be getting closer.
(b) The flicker out sometimes.
(c) They are vanishing more and more rapidly.
(d) They move in unpredictably.
4. What does the group eventually decide to do with the winged demon?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Send it back to the locals.
(c) Take it with them to the center of the disc.
(d) Let it go.
5. What does Silver say about Marco while she is talking with Kin during their first night among the sailor's people?
(a) He is hiding something.
(b) He is less human than be believes.
(c) He will betray the group.
(d) He is too friendly with the locals.
6. What kind of structure do Kin and the others discover as they approach the center of the flat planet?
(a) A tower.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A valley.
(d) A dome.
7. What sort of person is asked to act as a negotiator for the barter that takes place between the explorers and the man they meet in the desert?
(a) A priest.
(b) A Djinnee.
(c) A talking statue.
(d) A merchant.
8. What does Kin ask Marco to do with the demon?
(a) Free it.
(b) Kill it.
(c) See if it is also a robot.
(d) Take it captive.
9. What do Kin and Silver conclude about the raven?
(a) It is some kind of spy.
(b) It came from the flat planet originally.
(c) It is a normal raven.
(d) It wants to kill them.
10. What unusual thing about the ocean do the explorer's notice as they fly over it after leaving the sailor's home?
(a) There are numerous whirlpools in some areas..
(b) It has no tides.
(c) It is divided into reserviors.
(d) There is strange flow of water in at least one area..
11. What do the explorers hope to find at the center of the planet?
(a) Machinery to repair their spacecraft.
(b) A control room and the Builders.
(c) The Spindle Kings.
(d) Jago's contacts on the planet.
12. How did Kin acquire the object she uses to heal the injured locals?
(a) She brought it from the ship.
(b) She found it mysteriously in her pack.
(c) From a wizard-like invidiual.
(d) From the dumbwaiter.
13. The group discovers a monument of some kind which is somewhat like which real world monument?
(a) Stone Henge.
(b) Mount Rushmore.
(c) The Washington Monument.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
14. What are the real motives of the man whom the characters meet in the desert?
(a) He wants revenge for Jago's theft.
(b) He wants to rob Kin and the others.
(c) He wants to turn Kin into the authorities for a bounty.
(d) He wants to prevent Kin and the others from reaching the hub.
15. What is done with Kin after her captors change their minds?
(a) She is released.
(b) She is placed in a cell.
(c) She is sent to the local bishop for judgement.
(d) She is sent to the local prince for judgement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kin dislike about the way Marco rescues her?
2. For what does the man whom the characters meet in the desert want to trade?
3. What interrupts Kin the second time she tries to bathe?
4. Compared to what the company can produce, what can be said about the demon's technology?
5. Kin and the others discover that a water pipe was destroyed by which of the following?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)