|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kin and Silver conclude about the raven?
(a) It is a normal raven.
(b) It wants to kill them.
(c) It is some kind of spy.
(d) It came from the flat planet originally.
2. What is Marco's opinion about the demon?
(a) He wants to trust it, but can't bring himself to.
(b) He empathizes with its violent spirit.
(c) He dislikes it and wants to kill it.
(d) He thinks it is leading the group into a trap.
3. Kin and Silver agree to give which of the following to the sailors in exchange for their help?
4. With regards to Silver's impending madness, what course of action does Kin initially suggest?
(a) Everyone should stay calm until they reach the hub.
(b) Silver should go back to the ship until Kin and Marco return for her.
(c) They should try to find a "magical" device that can produce Shand proteins.
(d) They should abandon Silver.
5. What does the group discover at the center of the ship?
(a) A secret chamber in the ship.
(b) The raven.
(c) A hatch that was embedded under the ground.
(d) A hole leading to an underground tunnel.
6. The winged demon has which of the following capabilities?
(a) It has unimaginable strength.
(b) It can coerce anyone to obey it.
(c) It can see through walls.
(d) It can read thoughts.
7. The locals who arrested her believe Kin to be __________.
(a) A siren.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) An heiress.
(d) A water spirit.
8. In what type of a building are Marco and Silver imprisoned?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) An arena.
(d) A tower.
9. What is unusual about the demon's appearance?
(a) Everyone finds that they want to look away from it.
(b) It is fuzzy around the edges.
(c) Its skin color shifts and changes.
(d) It is blurry when viewed at a distance.
10. The man whom the characters meet in the desert wants to trade away what kind of an object?
(a) A flying statue.
(b) A flying carpet.
(c) A magical sword.
(d) A magical table.
11. What danger is Kin in soon after she and the others land on the first island they find after leaving the sailor's home?
(a) She is stranded in the water without her suit.
(b) Her suit malfunctions at a high altitude.
(c) She becomes separated and lost.
(d) She is attacked while she sleeps.
12. What do some of the characters come to suspect about the flat planet soon after rescuing Kin?
(a) It has an opposite side which is also inhabited.
(b) It was created by the Spindle Kings.
(c) The Company is related to it somehow.
(d) It is being repaired.
13. What is done with Kin after her captors change their minds?
(a) She is sent to the local bishop for judgement.
(b) She is placed in a cell.
(c) She is sent to the local prince for judgement.
(d) She is released.
14. What is the result of Kin's attempt to take revenge for her friend's imprisonment?
(a) The building is set on fire.
(b) The entire town guard is alerted.
(c) The building is destroyed.
(d) She is badly injured.
15. What are the real motives of the man whom the characters meet in the desert?
(a) He wants to turn Kin into the authorities for a bounty.
(b) He wants to prevent Kin and the others from reaching the hub.
(c) He wants revenge for Jago's theft.
(d) He wants to rob Kin and the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kin hide from her captors?
2. Where do the explorers sleep that night?
3. The destroyed water pipe is believed to perform what function?
4. What does Kin request from the Djinnee?
5. Of what is the magical table made?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)