|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true of the duration of the journey to the flat planet?
(a) Kin and the others must stop several times to have the ship fixed.
(b) It takes less time than anyone could have expected.
(c) The ship travels there instantaneously.
(d) It takes a long time.
2. What race is Silver?
3. During their trip to the sailor's homeland, what are the protagonists are attacked by?
(c) Fire-breathing dragons.
(d) Sea monsters.
4. What do Kin and the others decide to do with the ship?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Put it on autopilot.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Abandon it.
5. On what planet was Marco raised?
(b) The flat planet.
6. Without day credits, employees of the Company would suffer what effects?
(a) Almost immediate death.
(d) Rapid aging.
7. What vital thing does Silver need from the dumbwaiter?
(a) Her books.
(b) Shand proteins.
(d) A recording device.
8. Where are Shand proteins naturally found?
(a) Only on the planet Shand.
(b) In grasses and herbs.
(c) Deep under the sea.
(d) In shellfish.
9. What impacts the ship as it approaches the surface of the flat planet?
(a) A meteor.
(b) A missile.
(c) A sea-faring ship.
(d) A rock thrown by a catapult.
10. What do Kin and Jago need to do at the first planet to which they are headed?
(a) Meet with Jago's employer.
(b) Escape from the Company's oversight.
(c) Meet up with the ship that will go to the flat planet.
(d) Find a crew for their ship.
11. The ship is stocked with a huge number and variety of what?
(a) Hunting trophies.
12. What does Silver learn about by studying Kin's books?
(a) The history of the Spindle Kings and the Wheelers.
(b) Kin's life-story.
(c) The history of humanity.
(d) Kin's work with the Company.
13. Jago Jalo believes that the flat Earth was created by which group?
(a) The Spindle Kings.
(b) The Company.
(c) The Builders.
(d) The Wheelers.
14. What does a "watcher" do?
(a) Monitors the Terminus project.
(b) Watches the progress of colonists on a new world.
(c) Oversees the creation of new planets.
(d) Looks for evidence of the Spindle Kings.
15. What is the result of the impact that occurs immediately after the ship arrives at the flat planet?
(a) The raven escapes again.
(b) The ship is too damaged to make a return trip.
(c) The ship loses all of its sensors.
(d) The weapons hold blows up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the characters fly the ship around the flat planet?
2. On what kind of a formation do kin and the others land to spend their first night on the flat planet?
3. Kin wrote a popular book on what subject?
4. Which of the following best describes the first reactions of the flat planet's inhabitants to Kin and her companions?
5. According to Joel, Company employees who do not receive life-extending treatments would continue to possess what quality?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)