|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kin and the others do with Jago?
(a) They check him into a hospital.
(b) They leave him on the flight pad.
(c) They dispose of his body.
(d) They place him in a medical sphere for later recovery.
2. Why does Jago try to force Marco and Silver from the ship?
(a) They refuse to pay for the journey.
(b) They are not human.
(c) They want to share information about the flat planet.
(d) They have brought recording equipment.
3. Marco's mother underwent treatments before his birth to alter him in what way?
(a) To heighten his intelligence.
(b) To make him immune to most disease.
(c) To make him a warrior.
(d) To extend his life expectancy.
4. On what planet was Marco raised?
(d) The flat planet.
5. After the explorers and the sailors are attacked during the trip to the sailor's homeland, Kin draws what conclusion about the attackers?
(a) They were illusions.
(b) They are just misunderstood.
(c) They were summoned by the natives.
(d) They are robots made with very advanced technology.
6. What is strange about the stars at the destination?
(a) The constellations are out of place.
(b) They are larger than usual.
(c) They are almost impossible to see.
(d) They appear familiar, but they are pointed the wrong direction.
7. What impacts the ship as it approaches the surface of the flat planet?
(a) A meteor.
(b) A missile.
(c) A rock thrown by a catapult.
(d) A sea-faring ship.
8. The native people agree to do what for Kin and her companions?
(a) Help repair the spaceship using the dumbwaiter.
(b) Trade with them.
(c) Protect them.
(d) Take them to their homeland.
9. Where are Shand proteins naturally found?
(a) Deep under the sea.
(b) Only on the planet Shand.
(c) In shellfish.
(d) In grasses and herbs.
10. Which character claims to have visited a planet with technology so advanced it could have only been created by the Spindle Kings?
(c) Jago Jalo.
(d) Kin Arad.
11. Why does Silver agree to go on the expedition?
(a) For its historical significance.
(b) Because she owes Jago a favor.
(c) She is bored with her home planet.
(d) For personal reasons that she does not share.
12. During their trip to the sailor's homeland, what are the protagonists are attacked by?
(a) Sea monsters.
(b) Fire-breathing dragons.
13. What is Silver's profession?
14. Why does Kin decide to go with Jago?
(a) She needs to flee from the Company.
(c) The Company orders her to go.
15. What was the profession of Marco's real parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bartender request from Kin?
2. What will happen to Silver if she goes without the crucial thing she needs from the dumbwaiter?
3. What is the result of the impact that occurs immediately after the ship arrives at the flat planet?
4. What is the relationship between the Wheelers and the Spindle Kings?
5. What is Kin waiting for in the lounge in orbit around Kung?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)