|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without day credits, employees of the Company would suffer what effects?
(c) Rapid aging.
(d) Almost immediate death.
2. What does Kin initially like about Silver?
(a) Her independant, headstrong nature.
(b) Her interest in the Spindle Kings.
(c) Her obedience.
(d) Her pleasant demeanor.
3. What does Macro initially not like about Silver?
(a) Her frightening appearance.
(b) He does not like members of her race.
(c) Her abruptness and rudeness.
(d) Her ingratiating politeness.
4. Where are Shand proteins naturally found?
(a) Deep under the sea.
(b) In shellfish.
(c) Only on the planet Shand.
(d) In grasses and herbs.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the Kung?
(a) They are prone to violence.
(b) They are xenophobic.
(c) They love exploration.
(d) They are peace-loving.
6. Why does Kin decide to go with Jago?
(c) The Company orders her to go.
(d) She needs to flee from the Company.
7. Becoming a watcher requires what sacrifice?
(a) Leaving normal human society forever.
(b) The forfeiture of all day credits.
(c) Never being able to return to Earth.
(d) The employee must be put to sleep for several generations.
8. What was the profession of Marco's real parents?
9. Jago Jalo believes that the flat Earth was created by which group?
(a) The Wheelers.
(b) The Company.
(c) The Builders.
(d) The Spindle Kings.
10. Who joins Kin Arad at the lounge?
(b) Marco Farfarer.
(d) Jago Jalo.
11. How many day bills does Kin Arad have?
(a) She owes a significant number to the company.
(b) Almost none.
(c) Many more than she needs for the time being.
(d) Enough to last for the next year, and no more.
12. Kin thinks that the humans on the flat planet suspect which of the following?
(a) The ship is an instrument of the devil.
(b) The ship is an alien craft.
(c) Their planet is artificial.
(d) Their planet is flat.
13. What do Kin and Jago need to do at the first planet to which they are headed?
(a) Meet with Jago's employer.
(b) Find a crew for their ship.
(c) Meet up with the ship that will go to the flat planet.
(d) Escape from the Company's oversight.
14. How does Marco view himself?
(a) As a human.
(b) As a traditionalist Kung.
(c) As a warrior.
(d) As a skilled pilot.
15. Why does Kin become upset when the expedition gets underway?
(a) She doesn't get along with Marco and Silver.
(b) She hates space travel.
(c) She has decided to back out.
(d) She is distressed by Jago's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. The faith of the natives that Kin and the others first meet best approximates which world religion?
2. What vital thing does Silver need from the dumbwaiter?
3. Why do the characters fly the ship around the flat planet?
4. In their first morning on the flat planet, what attempts to visit Kin and the others?
5. Kin and the others discover what about the history of the flat planet?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)