|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pilots the ship to the flat planet?
(b) The raven.
2. Which of the following best describes the first reactions of the flat planet's inhabitants to Kin and her companions?
(b) A total lack of interest.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Curiosity and civility.
3. What was the profession of Marco's real parents?
4. The ship is stocked with a huge number and variety of what?
(b) Hunting trophies.
5. The Great Spindle Kings were believed to have what capability?
6. What impacts the ship as it approaches the surface of the flat planet?
(a) A sea-faring ship.
(b) A missile.
(c) A rock thrown by a catapult.
(d) A meteor.
7. When Kin agrees to go with Jago Jalo, he arranges to take her first to what planet?
(c) Old Earth.
(d) Earth's first colony.
8. What does Kin do with Jago's forgery?
(a) Gives it to Joel.
(b) Forgets about it.
(c) Has it tested.
(d) Destroys it.
9. Kin's coworkers believed it would be funny to do what to the planet they were creating?
(a) Give it no atmosphere.
(b) Make it flat.
(c) Make it a cube.
(d) Leave their mark on it.
10. The Spindle Kings were believed to have created new planets for what purpose?
(b) To create new kinds of life.
(c) So they could be more alone.
(d) To escape their dying planet.
11. What does the bartender request from Kin?
(a) Her picture.
(b) Her fingerprint.
(c) Her autograph.
(d) Her voice imprint for his tape translation of her book.
12. How does Marco view himself?
(a) As a traditionalist Kung.
(b) As a human.
(c) As a skilled pilot.
(d) As a warrior.
13. The characters see what feature at the edge of the flat planet?
(a) A machine city.
(b) A huge wall of water.
(c) An enormous hologram.
(d) A waterfall.
14. Why does Silver go by a nickname?
(a) She has forgotten her real name.
(b) Her name is six syllables long.
(c) She only shares her real name with trusted friends.
(d) Her name can't be pronounced by humans.
15. What is Kin waiting for in the lounge in orbit around Kung?
(a) Exchange of her day bills into Kung currency.
(b) Jago Jalo's next instructions.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A shuttle to the planet's surface.
Short Answer Questions
1. The native people agree to do what for Kin and her companions?
2. Why does Kin become upset when the expedition gets underway?
3. The space suits that Kin and the others don give them what capability?
4. What do Kin and the others do with Jago?
5. Kin thinks that the humans on the flat planet suspect which of the following?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)