|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 123-152.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the real motives of the man whom the characters meet in the desert?
(a) He wants to prevent Kin and the others from reaching the hub.
(b) He wants revenge for Jago's theft.
(c) He wants to turn Kin into the authorities for a bounty.
(d) He wants to rob Kin and the others.
2. What is done with Kin after her captors change their minds?
(a) She is sent to the local bishop for judgement.
(b) She is placed in a cell.
(c) She is sent to the local prince for judgement.
(d) She is released.
3. Marco's mother underwent treatments before his birth to alter him in what way?
(a) To heighten his intelligence.
(b) To make him immune to most disease.
(c) To extend his life expectancy.
(d) To make him a warrior.
4. Kin and the others discover that the first island they land on after leaving the sailor's home is really which of the following?
(a) A giant turtle.
(b) A submerged mountain.
(c) A free-floating mangrove island.
(d) A mechanical volcano.
5. What special properties does the magical lamp possess?
(a) A Djinnee lives inside it.
(b) It brings misfortune to anyone who touches it.
(c) It grants wishes if a special word is spoken.
(d) It can light a room of any size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Kin the second time she tries to bathe?
2. The explorers conclude what about the machinery of the flat planet?
3. Where does the negotiation between the explorers and the man whom they meet in the desert take place?
4. How is Kin able to communicate remotely with Silver?
5. What special property does the flying carpet have?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)