|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy feel he can never hug again?
2. What does Guy tell Owen doesn't work out as far as people go?
3. What are the first words Anne says to Guy when he gets home?
4. What kind of party does Bruno invite himself to?
5. How does Guy say he cut his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
2. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
3. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
4. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
5. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
6. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
7. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
8. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
9. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
10. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 3
Is it possible to commit the perfect murder? How close were Guy and Bruno to committing the perfect murder?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)