|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
2. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
3. Who does Guy say he forsook during the murder?
4. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
5. What is the name of Guy's sailing boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno die?
2. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
3. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
4. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
5. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
6. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
7. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
8. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
9. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
10. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)