|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
2. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
3. Where does Bruno call Guy from in chapter 36?
4. What is the name of Owen's wife?
5. What kind of animal does Bruno look at Gerard like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
2. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
3. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
4. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
5. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
6. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
7. What does Gerard say Bruno's father thought about him?
8. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
9. Describe Guy's dream.
10. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What mistakes do Bruno and Guy make when talking to Gerard? How could they have dealt with Gerard better?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)