|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Anne's lover before Guy?
2. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
3. Where does Guy talk to Owen?
4. Where does Bruno tell Gerrard he went after the Blue Angel?
5. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
2. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
3. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
4. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
5. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
6. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
7. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
8. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
9. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
10. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 3
What mistakes do Bruno and Guy make when talking to Gerard? How could they have dealt with Gerard better?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)