|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bruno say he knows Guy when Gerard questions him?
2. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
3. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
4. What does Bruno shout at his mother about in chapter 27?
5. What are the first words Anne says to Guy when he gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
2. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
3. Describe Guy's dream.
4. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
5. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
6. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
7. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
8. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
9. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
10. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)