|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
2. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
3. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
4. Who does Bruno long to be with him after he leaves Gerard's office?
5. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
2. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
3. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
4. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
5. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
6. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
7. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
8. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
9. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
10. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 3
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)