|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Guy dump the Luger?
2. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
3. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
4. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
5. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
2. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
3. How does Bruno die?
4. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
5. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
6. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
7. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
8. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
9. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
10. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Apart from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce them and take them away from the story? How do they add to the narrative and structure? What affect does they have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)