|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy figure is more productive than walking the city?
2. Where does Anne say Guy was when Miriam was murdered?
3. Where does Guy tell Anne he was in March?
4. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
5. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
2. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
3. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
4. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
5. How does Bruno act in the boat?
6. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
7. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
8. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
9. Describe Guy's dream.
10. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
Essay Topic 2
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)