|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
2. What does Guy say neither Anne nor anyone else can penetrate?
3. What does Bruno admit to Guy he has never felt?
4. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
5. What city is Peter Wriggs from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
2. How does Bruno act in the boat?
3. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
4. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
5. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
6. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
7. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
8. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
9. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
10. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)