|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
2. What does Bruno send in thanks for Guy putting him up in the spare room?
3. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
4. What writes a message across the sky?
5. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
2. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
3. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
4. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
5. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
6. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
7. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
9. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
10. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)