|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
2. What does Bruno say both he and Guy are before falling into the water?
3. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
4. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
5. What does Bruno shout at his mother about in chapter 27?
Essay Topic 1
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
Essay Topic 2
What is Guy's goal in life? How can he reach his goal? What obstacle are in Guy's way and how can he overcome these obstacles?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of "Strangers on a Train".
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)