|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruno call Guy from in chapter 36?
2. What does Gerard say he will work on for nothing?
3. Which of his friends does Bruno say is responsible for other murders?
4. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
5. What city is Robert Treacher from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
2. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
3. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
4. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
5. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
6. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
7. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
8. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
9. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
10. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
Essay Topic 2
What is Guy's goal in life? How can he reach his goal? What obstacle are in Guy's way and how can he overcome these obstacles?
Essay Topic 3
Apart from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce them and take them away from the story? How do they add to the narrative and structure? What affect does they have on the story?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)