|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
2. How does Guy say he cut his hand?
3. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
4. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
5. Who does Guy feel he can never hug again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
2. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
3. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
4. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
5. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
6. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
7. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
8. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
9. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
10. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)