|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
2. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
3. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
4. What dialect does Bob use to tell a joke?
5. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
2. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
3. How does Bruno act in the boat?
4. How does Bruno die?
5. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
6. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
7. Describe Guy's dream.
8. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
9. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
10. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Guy to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he at the end.
1. What did Guy hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Guy's ideas about life?
3. How has Guy's character changed by the end of the book? Is it for the better or for the worse?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 3
How has Bruno's father affected him as an adult? How has Guy lack of a father figure affected him as an adult?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)