|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
2. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
3. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
4. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
5. Who does Bruno dream is hunting him down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
2. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
3. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
4. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
5. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
6. How does Bruno act in the boat?
7. Describe Guy's dream.
8. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
9. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
10. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 2
What is Guy's goal in life? How can he reach his goal? What obstacle are in Guy's way and how can he overcome these obstacles?
Essay Topic 3
Apart from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce them and take them away from the story? How do they add to the narrative and structure? What affect does they have on the story?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)