|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
2. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
3. What are the first words Anne says to Guy when he gets home?
4. Where does Guy dump the Luger?
5. What dialect does Bob use to tell a joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
2. Describe Guy's dream.
3. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
4. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
5. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
6. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
7. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
8. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
9. How does Bruno act in the boat?
10. How does Bruno die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
Essay Topic 3
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)