|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
2. In what part of New York is Anne going to a party on Sunday night?
3. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
4. Who does Bruno tell Anne invited him to the party?
5. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
2. What does Gerard say Bruno's father thought about him?
3. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
4. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
5. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
6. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
7. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
8. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
9. Describe Guy's dream.
10. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Guy's goal in life? How can he reach his goal? What obstacle are in Guy's way and how can he overcome these obstacles?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 3
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)