|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Owen's wife?
2. What does Bruno shout at his mother about in chapter 27?
3. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
4. What city is Peter Wriggs from?
5. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
2. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
3. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
4. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
5. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
6. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
7. Why does Guy decide to tell Owen about the murders before Anne?
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
9. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
10. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it possible to commit the perfect murder? How close were Guy and Bruno to committing the perfect murder?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)