|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno tell Gerard he has a right to be if he is tight?
2. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
3. What is the name of the poem Guy reads in the Wall Street bar?
4. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
5. What is the name of Anne's bird?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)