|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
2. What is the first thing that Guy designs for Horton, Horton and Keese?
3. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
4. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
5. What is the name of Guy's sailing boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)