|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
2. How did Bruno once break his hip?
3. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
4. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
5. What does Anne say that she knows Guy has in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
2. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
3. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
4. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
5. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
6. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
7. In what way is Bruno's drinking the catalyst for him killing Miriam?
8. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
9. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
10. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apart from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce them and take them away from the story? How do they add to the narrative and structure? What affect does they have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How has Bruno's father affected him as an adult? How has Guy lack of a father figure affected him as an adult?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)