|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne tell Guy her and her family have mailed to attest to his presence in Mexico at the time of Miriam's death?
2. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
3. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
4. What does Guy do for a job?
5. What does Bruno say is a nasty word?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
2. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
3. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
4. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
5. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
6. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
7. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
8. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
9. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
10. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)