|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
2. What does Bruno write on the back of the taxicab company card?
3. Why does Guy think he feels such shame?
4. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
5. What shrieks in triumph as Guy runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
2. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
3. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
4. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
5. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
6. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
7. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
8. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
9. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
10. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Guy to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he at the end.
1. What did Guy hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Guy's ideas about life?
3. How has Guy's character changed by the end of the book? Is it for the better or for the worse?
Essay Topic 2
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)