|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the black and white picture Bruno has over his head?
2. What does Bruno say Guy takes the hard way?
3. What kind of gun does Bruno send Guy?
4. Who does Guy say he is killing Samuel Bruno for?
5. What does Bruno write on the back of the taxicab company card?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
2. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
3. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
4. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
5. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
6. How does Bruno die?
7. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
8. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
9. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
10. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
Essay Topic 1
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)