|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sammie big and flabby like?
2. In which month does Miriam say her child is due?
3. What does Guy design with Anne on the hotel stationary?
4. In which country is Anne currently staying?
5. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
2. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
3. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
4. How does Bruno try to persuade Guy to kill his father in chapter 20?
5. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
6. How does Guy cover Bruno's identity to Anne?
7. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
8. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
9. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
10. How does Guy react to the news that Miriam has had a miscarriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Guy's goal in life? How can he reach his goal? What obstacle are in Guy's way and how can he overcome these obstacles?
Essay Topic 2
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)