|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy do in the Pullman carriage that he shouldn't?
2. What is Anne always straightening for guy?
3. What is the name of Bruno's butler?
4. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
5. What did the televised shuffleboard game say you have to be to view the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
2. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
3. In what way is Bruno's drinking the catalyst for him killing Miriam?
4. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
5. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
6. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
7. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
8. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
9. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
10. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
Essay Topic 1
What mistakes do Bruno and Guy make when talking to Gerard? How could they have dealt with Gerard better?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)