|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe as a pink tan blanket?
2. What sport does Bruno like playing with his mother?
3. In what part of Long Island is Guy supposed to meet Anne?
4. What is Anne's father's job?
5. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
2. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
3. Describe Bruno's father's hobby.
4. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
5. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
6. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
7. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
8. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
9. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
10. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)