|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gun does Bruno send Guy?
2. What city does Bruno live in?
3. What sport does Bruno like playing with his mother?
4. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
5. What is Anne's father's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
2. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
3. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
4. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
5. Why does Guy panic about Bruno in this section?
6. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
7. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
8. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
9. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
10. How does Bruno act in the boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)