|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
2. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
3. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
4. Where did Guy meet Anne?
5. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
2. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
3. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
4. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
5. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
6. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
7. How does Guy cover Bruno's identity to Anne?
8. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
9. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
10. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 2
Is it possible to commit the perfect murder? How close were Guy and Bruno to committing the perfect murder?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)