|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
2. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
3. What is the name of the street Miriam lives on?
4. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
5. What does Bruno say he has many ideas for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
2. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
3. How does Guy react to the news that Miriam has had a miscarriage?
4. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
5. Describe how Guy kills Bruno's father?
6. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
7. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
8. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
9. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
10. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)