|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bruno say he would like to give a $1000?
2. What type of woman does Bruno say he knows well?
3. What do Miriam and her friends buy at the amusement park?
4. What kind of gun does Bruno send Guy?
5. What does Bruno call his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
2. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
3. How does Guy cover Bruno's identity to Anne?
4. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
5. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
6. Describe Bruno's father's hobby.
7. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
8. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
9. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
10. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Guy to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the one he at the end.
1. What did Guy hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events change Guy's ideas about life?
3. How has Guy's character changed by the end of the book? Is it for the better or for the worse?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)