|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
2. Who is Miriam's death attributed to?
3. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
4. What does Bruno say he has many ideas for?
5. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
2. Describe Guy's dream.
3. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
4. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
5. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
6. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
7. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
9. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
10. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
Essay Topic 1
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
Essay Topic 3
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)