|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the televised shuffleboard game say you have to be to view the world?
2. What does Bruno say Guy takes the hard way?
3. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
4. What is the name of the street Miriam lives on?
5. What kind of architecture does Bruno say one mostly finds in Santa Fe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
2. Describe how Guy kills Bruno's father?
3. How does Bruno try to persuade Guy to kill his father in chapter 20?
4. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
5. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
6. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
7. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
8. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
9. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
10. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of "Strangers on a Train".
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 3
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)