|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy think he must resemble as he creeps up the back stairs of Bruno's house?
2. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
3. What does Guy do for a job?
4. What does Bruno say Guy will not be much longer in his letter to Anne?
5. How did Bruno once break his hip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
2. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
3. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
4. How does Guy react to Miriam's death?
5. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
6. How does Bruno use Anne to persuade Guy to kill his father?
7. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
8. How does Guy react to the news that Miriam has had a miscarriage?
9. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
10. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)