|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
2. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
3. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
4. What does the author say has begun to paralyze Guy's thinking?
5. What does Guy think he must resemble as he creeps up the back stairs of Bruno's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
2. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
3. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
4. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
5. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
6. How does Bruno try to persuade Guy to kill his father in chapter 20?
7. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
8. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
9. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
10. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 3
How has Bruno's father affected him as an adult? How has Guy lack of a father figure affected him as an adult?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)