Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
2. Who is Miriam's death attributed to?
3. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
4. What does Bruno say he has many ideas for?
5. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
2. Describe Guy's dream.
3. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
4. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
5. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
6. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
7. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
9. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
10. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
Essay Topic 1
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)