|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno write on the back of the taxicab company card?
2. What does Bruno say is the only thing his father likes?
3. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
4. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
5. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
2. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
3. How does Guy react to Miriam's death?
4. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
5. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
6. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
7. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
8. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
9. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
10. Describe Bruno's father's hobby.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What steps does Gerard take to find the killers? What problems does face on the way? How could Gerard have solved the case earlier?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)