|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
2. What is the monogram on Bruno's tie?
3. What sport does Bruno like playing with his mother?
4. Who does Guy tell Anne he was fighting with in the woods?
5. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
2. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
3. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
4. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
5. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
6. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
7. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
8. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
9. How does Guy react to Miriam's death?
10. In what way is Bruno's drinking the catalyst for him killing Miriam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 3
How does Bruno make sure Gary says nothing about the murders? What do you think would have happened if Guy had mentioned something to the police earlier?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)