|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did someone once tell Guy he had hands like?
2. What does Bruno say Guy will not be much longer in his letter to Anne?
3. What does Bruno say Guy takes the hard way?
4. What does Bruno say holds no terror to him?
5. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
2. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
3. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
4. Describe Bruno's father's hobby.
5. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
6. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
7. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
8. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
9. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
10. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
Essay Topic 2
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)