|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
2. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
3. What was the name of the redhead Bruno's father dated?
4. What is Anne's father's job?
5. What did the televised shuffleboard game say you have to be to view the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
2. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
3. Describe how Guy kills Bruno's father?
4. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
5. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
6. What does Guy think his mother could not understand about Miriam?
7. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
8. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
9. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
10. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Bruno's mother play in "Strangers on a Train"? How would the book change if she was not part of it? What effect does her presence in the story have on the other character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
What does Bruno see in Guy that he likes? Why is Guy able to eventually to return his friendship?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)