|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter say is wrong with Miriam?
2. What do Miriam and her friends buy at the amusement park?
3. What does Bruno say holds no terror to him?
4. What does Bruno write in the telegram he sends just after Guy's inquest?
5. In which country is Anne currently staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
2. How does Guy cover Bruno's real identity to his mother?
3. How does Guy react to the news that Miriam has had a miscarriage?
4. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
5. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
6. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
7. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
8. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
9. Describe Bruno's father's hobby.
10. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the conscience of Bruno and Guy each affect them? How does Bruno try to hide the fact that he has a conscience?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Apart from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce them and take them away from the story? How do they add to the narrative and structure? What affect does they have on the story?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)