|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno try to balance on his nose?
2. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
3. What is the name of Miriam's new lover?
4. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
5. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
2. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
3. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
4. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
5. In what way is Bruno's drinking the catalyst for him killing Miriam?
6. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
7. Why is Bruno enraged with Guy in this section?
8. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
9. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
10. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bruno's death affect the other characters and in particular Guy? Why do the students think Guy starts to see Bruno as a brother?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
Essay Topic 3
How do Guy and Bruno cope differently with their guilt? What does the way they cope with their guilt suggest about their characters?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)