|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Bruno's items has a red ribbon across its lid?
2. Why does Guy think he feels such shame?
3. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
4. What country are Samuel Bruno's parents from?
5. Who chases after Guy after he kills Samuel Bruno?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the coroner finally decide Guy has nothing to do with Miriam's murder?
2. In what way is Bruno's drinking the catalyst for him killing Miriam?
3. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
4. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
5. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
6. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
7. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
8. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
9. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
10. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are main differences and similarities between Guy and Bruno as characters? How do these similarities and differences eventually bring them together?
Essay Topic 2
How does Bruno use Anne against Guy? Why does it work so effectively?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)