|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
(b) His mother.
2. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Take a running jump.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Get a woman.
3. What does Guy think is the only thing that makes Anne touch him?
4. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Kill Guy.
(b) Tell Anne about the murder.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Tell the police about the murder.
5. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The Journal-American.
(d) The City Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
2. What does Guy tell Owen doesn't work out as far as people go?
3. What city is Peter Wriggs from?
4. Who tries to stop Guy from saving Bruno?
5. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
2. How does Bruno react to Gerard's suspicions?
3. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
4. How does Bruno act in the boat?
5. What does Gerard say Bruno's father thought about him?
6. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
7. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
8. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
9. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
10. What does Gerard think is strange about the calls Bruno made to Guy?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)