|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Take a running jump.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Get a woman.
(d) Get drunk.
2. What does Bruno say both he and Guy are before falling into the water?
3. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(a) His college days.
(b) The Palmyra Club.
(d) Bruno's drinking problem.
4. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
(a) His son.
(b) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
5. Where does Guy tell Anne he was in March?
(a) Out of town.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) His mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy feel he can never hug again?
2. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
3. What does Gerard say there wasn't time for while listening to Guy's confession?
4. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
5. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
2. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
3. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
4. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
5. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
6. Why does Anne invite Bruno out with her and Guy?
7. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
8. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
9. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
10. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)