|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
(a) To chat about life.
(b) To arrange a meeting.
(c) To console him after his wife's death.
(d) To return his book.
2. What kind of books does Gerard say Charles likes reading?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Children's stories.
(c) War stories.
(d) Detective stories.
3. What is Robert Treacher want Guy to build?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A dam.
(d) A bridge.
4. What does Guy figure is more productive than walking the city?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching TV.
5. What does Guy say is the only type of person that would inform on him?
(a) A stool pigeon.
(b) A grass snake.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy feel he can never hug again?
2. What does Bruno send in thanks for Guy putting him up in the spare room?
3. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
4. Who does Bruno tell Anne invited him to the party?
5. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
2. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
3. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
4. What does Gerard ask Guy about in chapter 41?
5. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
6. What does Gerard say Bruno's father thought about him?
7. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
8. What does Anne wonder about Bruno when he visits her in this section?
9. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
10. How does Gerard catch Guy out?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)