|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruno say both he and Guy are before falling into the water?
2. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In Bruno's room.
(d) In Bruno's basement.
3. Who does does Gerard say he talked to on the train Bruno and Guy were traveling on together?
(a) The ticket collector.
(b) The waiter who served them.
(c) Bruno's porter.
(d) The train driver.
4. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
(a) Her shark pumps.
(b) Her high heels.
(c) Her sneakers.
(d) Her alligator pumps.
5. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
(a) The hat.
(b) The weight.
(c) The jam.
(d) The lid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
2. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
3. What does Guy think is the only thing that makes Anne touch him?
4. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
5. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
2. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
3. Why does Guy say he doesn't fear the law?
4. How does Bruno die?
5. Why does Anne think Guy may have seen Bruno in March?
6. Why doesn't Bruno like Gerard?
7. Describe Guy's dream.
8. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
9. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
10. Why does Bruno think Matt may take the rap for his father's murder?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)