|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruno dream is hunting him down?
(c) His father.
2. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
(a) His appointment to the Alberta Committee.
(b) His latest design.
(c) His acquisition of a sailing boat.
(d) His appointment to the boy scouts.
3. What is Robert Treacher want Guy to build?
(a) A school.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A dam.
4. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
(a) Lead me away.
(b) It wasn't meant to be.
(c) Take me.
(d) Right on.
5. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Take a running jump.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Get a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
2. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
3. In what month of the year did Guy and Bruno first meet?
4. What city is Robert Treacher from?
5. What continent are Bruno and his mother planning to travel to in chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruno dream about in chapter 39?
2. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
3. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
4. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
5. Why doesn't Anne like Gerard?
6. How does Guy stop himself from feeling guilty about murdering Samuel Bruno?
7. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
8. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
9. What are Gerard's initial thoughts about the murder?
10. What does Guy think of legal procedure?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)