|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
2. Who does Guy tell Anne he was fighting with in the woods?
(a) A servant.
(b) An old college friend.
(c) A blackmailer.
(d) A prowler.
3. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
(a) She could start a campaign against him.
(b) She was friends with his boss.
(c) He wanted the child looked after.
(d) She lived with his mother.
4. Who informs Guy of Miriam's death?
(a) His mother.
(d) Miriam's mother.
5. Why does Guy think he feels such shame?
(a) He couldn't make Miraim happy.
(b) Miriam once aborted his child.
(c) Miriam knows everything about him.
(d) He once loved someone like Miriam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does Miriam say her child is due?
2. Why does Bruno's mother wake him at 4 am?
3. What does Bruno say is the only thing his father likes?
4. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
5. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Guy think Miriam is an example of the worst of America?
2. Describe how Guy kills Bruno's father?
3. What does Bruno say about murder in this section?
4. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
5. What are the main differences between Bruno and Guy?
6. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
7. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
8. What is Guy's first impression of Bruno?
9. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
10. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)