|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruno tell his friends he is going before he catches the train to Metcalf?
2. How does Guy think he can set up Bruno for his father's death?
(a) Leave the Luger in his room.
(b) Leave Bruno's tie in his father's room.
(c) Leave Bruno's letter's next to his father's body.
(d) Use Bruno's gloves when shooting his father.
3. Who does Guy remember that he once thought of murdering?
(c) His mother.
4. What does the author say has begun to paralyze Guy's thinking?
5. What does Tim think is the problem with Guy?
(a) Guilt over his wife's death.
(b) The work blues.
(c) Pre-wedding nerves.
(d) Too much coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Bruno's mother think committed the murder?
2. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
3. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
4. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
5. Where is Bruno going for his vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
2. What did Guys mother tell him about good and evil?
3. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
4. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
5. What do Anne and Guy tell Gerard about Bruno?
6. Why does Bruno opt to kill himself?
7. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
9. In what way are both Bruno and Guy as guilty as each other at this point in the story?
10. What does Anne confront Guy about in this section?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)