|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous philosopher is Guy reading?
2. What item of Guy's clothes is tomato colored?
(a) His tie.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His socks.
3. Who does Guy remember that he once thought of murdering?
(a) His mother.
4. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
(a) His love for Anne.
(b) The Luger gun.
(c) His friendship with Bruno.
(d) His job.
5. In which city does Guy's old friend Peter work?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Bruno live in?
2. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
3. What is the monogram on Bruno's tie?
4. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
5. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruno think Miriam looks like before he sees her?
2. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
3. What are Guy's feelings for Miriam when he meets her in this section?
4. What is Bruno's relationship with his mother?
5. What does Guy feel about the first letter Bruno sends him?
6. What did Guy like about Miriam in the first place?
7. What kind of person do the police think killed Samuel Bruno?
8. What does Bruno think about Guy at the end of chapter 25?
9. How does Anne react when Guy tells her about the difficulties he is having with Anne?
10. How does Guy react to the news that Miriam has had a miscarriage?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)