|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
2. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
3. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
(a) His friendship with Bruno.
(b) The Luger gun.
(c) His job.
(d) His love for Anne.
4. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
(a) An office block.
(b) An apartment store.
(c) A sky scraper.
(d) A country club.
5. Who does Guy tell Anne he was fighting with in the woods?
(a) A prowler.
(b) A servant.
(c) An old college friend.
(d) A blackmailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the televised shuffleboard game say you have to be to view the world?
2. What kind of person does Bruno's mother think committed the murder?
3. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
4. What country are Samuel Bruno's parents from?
5. What does Bruno say enhances things when he travels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guy lie to Anne in chapter 37?
2. How is the alcohol beginning to affect Bruno?
3. What joke did William pull in the Plaza?
4. Why does Bruno tell Gerrard is his relationship with Mrs. Haines?
5. Describe how Guy tries to save Bruno?
6. How does Bruno cover Guy's real identity to his mother?
7. How does Bruno let Guy know that he has killed Anne?
8. Describe Guy's dream.
9. How do Bruno's letters affect Guy in this section?
10. What does Bruno reveal about himself in this opening section?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)