|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruno say he knows Guy when Gerard questions him?
(a) His family considered Guy as to work on a building.
(b) He met him at college.
(c) He knows his wife through another friend.
(d) He once went for a job interview at his company.
2. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Journal-American.
(d) The City Chronicle.
3. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
(a) Take me.
(b) It wasn't meant to be.
(c) Lead me away.
(d) Right on.
4. What city is Peter Wriggs from?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) San Francisco.
5. What does Gerard say there wasn't time for while listening to Guy's confession?
(a) A dictaphone.
(b) A wire.
(c) A megaphone.
(d) A phone call.
6. What does Guy say is the only type of person that would inform on him?
(a) A stool pigeon.
(b) A rat.
(c) A grass snake.
(d) A bull.
7. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
(a) Foggy, Foggy Dew.
(b) Captain Jack Sparrow.
(c) Pewter, Pewter Cup.
(d) Family Values.
8. What continent are Bruno and his mother planning to travel to in chapter 38?
9. When does Gerard say Bruno called Guy several times?
(a) The previous week.
(b) The previous winter.
(c) The previous summer.
(d) The previous spring.
10. What writes a message across the sky?
(a) A plane.
(b) A glider.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cloud.
11. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
(a) The Luger.
(b) His hat.
(c) The overcoat.
(d) The gloves.
12. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) He has to make a phonecall.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) Dinner is waiting for him.
(d) His mother is ill.
13. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In Bruno's basement.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In Bruno's room.
14. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Tell Anne about the murder.
(c) Kill Guy.
(d) Tell the police about the murder.
15. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
(a) His acquisition of a sailing boat.
(b) His latest design.
(c) His appointment to the Alberta Committee.
(d) His appointment to the boy scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
2. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
3. Who tries to stop Guy from saving Bruno?
4. What city is Robert Treacher from?
5. What does Guy think is the only thing that makes Anne touch him?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)