|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Anne's bird?
2. What does Bruno send in thanks for Guy putting him up in the spare room?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A card.
3. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
(a) A mother.
(b) A wet sponge.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A siren.
4. Who does Bruno tell Anne invited him to the party?
5. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(a) The Palmyra Club.
(c) His college days.
(d) Bruno's drinking problem.
6. What kind of people does Bruno say usually get caught?
(a) The dumb ones.
(b) The guilt-stricken ones.
(c) The nice ones.
(d) The bored ones.
7. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
(a) Des Moines.
(b) Los Angeles.
8. How does Guy say he cut his hand?
(a) In a fight.
(b) Playing soccer.
(c) Dissecting frogs.
(d) Cutting vegetables.
9. What does Guy say neither Anne nor anyone else can penetrate?
(a) Friday night.
(b) His fear.
(c) His guilt.
(d) Sunday night.
10. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(c) New Orleans.
11. What does Guy figure is more productive than walking the city?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(c) Watching TV.
12. What does Gerard say there wasn't time for while listening to Guy's confession?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A wire.
(c) A dictaphone.
(d) A megaphone.
13. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
(a) Foggy, Foggy Dew.
(b) Family Values.
(c) Captain Jack Sparrow.
(d) Pewter, Pewter Cup.
14. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) Dinner is waiting for him.
(b) He has to make a phonecall.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) His mother is ill.
15. Where does Guy dump the Luger?
(a) In the trash.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the sea.
(d) In the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy say he forsook during the murder?
2. Where does Guy tell Gerard he met Guy?
3. What does Guy nail his sins to when Anne asks him what the matter is?
4. What city is Guy bound for at the beginning of chapter 47?
5. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)