|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writes a message across the sky?
(a) A glider.
(b) A plane.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird.
2. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
(a) His appointment to the Alberta Committee.
(b) His appointment to the boy scouts.
(c) His latest design.
(d) His acquisition of a sailing boat.
3. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
(a) A hot water bottle.
(b) An injection.
(c) A drink.
(d) A pill.
4. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
(a) A question and answer technique.
(b) A good cop bad cop technique.
(c) A cat and mouse technique.
(d) A spy vs. spy technique.
5. What does Bruno say both he and Guy are before falling into the water?
6. What is the name of Guy's sailing boat?
(a) Comfort Zone.
(c) Queen Anne.
7. What is the name of the poem Guy reads in the Wall Street bar?
(a) The Leaden Eyed.
(b) Fool's Gold.
(c) The Fool on the Hill.
(d) The Leaden Footed.
8. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
(a) Right on.
(b) It wasn't meant to be.
(c) Lead me away.
(d) Take me.
9. What kind of books does Gerard say Charles likes reading?
(a) Children's stories.
(b) Detective stories.
(c) War stories.
(d) Love stories.
10. Who does does Gerard say he talked to on the train Bruno and Guy were traveling on together?
(a) The train driver.
(b) The waiter who served them.
(c) Bruno's porter.
(d) The ticket collector.
11. What does Gerard say he has wandered into when Bruno enters his office?
(a) Another great New York bar.
(b) A female haven.
(d) Another case.
12. In what month of the year did Guy and Bruno first meet?
13. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
(b) Red meat.
14. Where does Guy talk to Owen?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In his house.
(c) In a cafe.
(d) In a hotel room.
15. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(a) The Palmyra Club.
(b) His college days.
(c) Bruno's drinking problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
2. When does Gerard say Bruno called Guy several times?
3. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
4. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
5. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)