|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
(a) A mask of cuts.
(b) A broken bone.
(c) A hat of nails.
(d) An open wound.
2. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) An atlas.
(d) A bar.
3. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
4. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
(a) A hot water bottle.
(b) A drink.
(c) A pill.
(d) An injection.
5. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
(a) A siren.
(b) A wet sponge.
(c) A mother.
(d) A cloud.
6. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(b) New Orleans.
7. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The City Chronicle.
(d) The Journal-American.
8. Who does Bruno tell Anne invited him to the party?
9. Where does Bruno call Guy from in chapter 36?
(a) His friend's house.
(b) A telephone booth.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) His mother's room.
10. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
(a) In Bruno's room.
(b) In Bruno's basement.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a bar.
11. What kind of building does Guy work on for no pay?
(a) A library.
(b) A police station.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A hospice.
12. How does Bruno say he knows Guy when Gerard questions him?
(a) His family considered Guy as to work on a building.
(b) He knows his wife through another friend.
(c) He once went for a job interview at his company.
(d) He met him at college.
13. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Kill Guy.
(b) Tell Anne about the murder.
(c) Tell the police about the murder.
(d) Kill himself.
14. What dialect does Bob use to tell a joke?
(a) French Canadian.
(c) South American.
15. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
(a) Pewter, Pewter Cup.
(b) Foggy, Foggy Dew.
(c) Captain Jack Sparrow.
(d) Family Values.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy say he wants to curse aloud?
2. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
3. What kind of animal does Bruno look at Gerard like?
4. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
5. What does Guy do to stop himself thinking about the murder?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)