|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Get a woman.
(b) Take a running jump.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Get drunk.
2. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(b) New Orleans.
3. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
(b) Puerto Rico.
4. What is the first thing that Guy designs for Horton, Horton and Keese?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A record store.
(d) A department store.
5. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
(a) His mother.
6. In what part of New York is Anne going to a party on Sunday night?
(a) The Bronx.
7. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He has to make a phonecall.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) Dinner is waiting for him.
8. Where does Bruno tell Gerrard he went after the Blue Angel?
(a) The Brown Boy.
(b) The Blue Cheese.
(c) Hamburger Hearth.
(d) The Real Vernon.
9. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
(a) The Faulkners.
(b) The Herberts.
(c) The Brunos.
(d) The Levis.
10. What continent are Bruno and his mother planning to travel to in chapter 38?
11. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
(a) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His son.
12. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
(a) To chat about life.
(b) To arrange a meeting.
(c) To console him after his wife's death.
(d) To return his book.
13. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(a) Bruno's drinking problem.
(b) The Palmyra Club.
(d) His college days.
14. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The Journal-American.
(b) The City Chronicle.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Post.
15. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Kill Guy.
(b) Tell Anne about the murder.
(c) Tell the police about the murder.
(d) Kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Anne's bird?
2. What kind of books does Gerard say Charles likes reading?
3. Where does Guy dump the Luger?
4. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
5. What does Gerard say he will work on for nothing?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)