|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
2. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
(a) The Brunos.
(b) The Levis.
(c) The Herberts.
(d) The Faulkners.
3. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
(c) Red meat.
4. Who tries to stop Guy from saving Bruno?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
(b) Matt Levine.
(c) Anne Faulkner.
(d) Bob Treacher.
5. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
(a) It wasn't meant to be.
(b) Lead me away.
(c) Right on.
(d) Take me.
6. Where does Bruno tell Gerrard he went after the Blue Angel?
(a) The Blue Cheese.
(b) The Real Vernon.
(c) Hamburger Hearth.
(d) The Brown Boy.
7. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Kill Guy.
(b) Tell the police about the murder.
(c) Tell Anne about the murder.
(d) Kill himself.
8. What kind of party does Bruno invite himself to?
(a) A wedding party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A toga party.
(d) A housewarming party.
9. What does Bruno send in thanks for Guy putting him up in the spare room?
(a) A card.
(d) A wallet.
10. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
(a) His hat.
(b) The Luger.
(c) The gloves.
(d) The overcoat.
11. How does Bruno say he knows Guy when Gerard questions him?
(a) His family considered Guy as to work on a building.
(b) He knows his wife through another friend.
(c) He met him at college.
(d) He once went for a job interview at his company.
12. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
(a) His acquisition of a sailing boat.
(b) His latest design.
(c) His appointment to the Alberta Committee.
(d) His appointment to the boy scouts.
13. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) Dinner is waiting for him.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He has to make a phonecall.
(d) His mother is ill.
14. What does Guy say neither Anne nor anyone else can penetrate?
(a) Sunday night.
(b) His guilt.
(c) His fear.
(d) Friday night.
15. What city is Guy bound for at the beginning of chapter 47?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people does Bruno say usually get caught?
2. What does Gerard say there wasn't time for while listening to Guy's confession?
3. What news does Anne have for Guy in chapter 44?
4. What does Guy think is the only thing that makes Anne touch him?
5. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)