|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
(a) Des Moines.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
(a) His mother.
3. What does Gerard say there wasn't time for while listening to Guy's confession?
(a) A megaphone.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A dictaphone.
(d) A wire.
4. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
(a) The hat.
(b) The lid.
(c) The weight.
(d) The jam.
5. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The Journal-American.
(b) The City Chronicle.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The New York Times.
6. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
(a) A cigarette stain.
(b) A piece of food.
(c) A pimple.
(d) A mole.
7. Who does Guy say he wants to curse aloud?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
(b) Mrs. Faulkner.
8. Who does Guy feel he can never hug again?
(b) HIs children.
(c) His mother.
9. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
(a) In Bruno's basement.
(b) In Bruno's room.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In the woods.
10. Why does Anne think it doesn't matter what she says to Charles?
(a) He is very understanding.
(b) He doesn't listen.
(c) Nothing is sacred to him.
(d) Nothing shocks him.
11. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
(a) A dinner jacket and a baseball cap.
(b) A fur coat and a bowler hat.
(c) Wet suit.
(d) A hat and overcoat.
12. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Get a woman.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Take a running jump.
(d) Get drunk.
13. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
(a) Foggy, Foggy Dew.
(b) Pewter, Pewter Cup.
(c) Family Values.
(d) Captain Jack Sparrow.
14. Where does Guy tell Gerard he met Guy?
(a) At the Modern Art Museum.
(b) At work.
(c) At the Parker Art Institute.
(d) At college.
15. What does Guy say is the only type of person that would inform on him?
(a) A stool pigeon.
(b) A bull.
(c) A rat.
(d) A grass snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bruno long to be with him after he leaves Gerard's office?
2. What does Bruno refuse to take from Gerard even though he is dying for it?
3. What city is Robert Treacher from?
4. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
5. What news does Anne have for Guy in chapter 44?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)