|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
(a) Puerto Rico.
2. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
(b) Hot wine.
(c) Hot chocolae.
3. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
(a) A siren.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A wet sponge.
(d) A mother.
4. What are the last words that Guy mutters?
(a) Take me.
(b) Lead me away.
(c) It wasn't meant to be.
(d) Right on.
5. What is Robert Treacher want Guy to build?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A dam.
6. Where does Bruno tell Gerrard he went after the Blue Angel?
(a) The Real Vernon.
(b) The Blue Cheese.
(c) Hamburger Hearth.
(d) The Brown Boy.
7. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
(c) Mr. Faulkner.
8. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) Dinner is waiting for him.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He has to make a phonecall.
9. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The City Chronicle.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The New York Post.
(d) The Journal-American.
10. What continent are Bruno and his mother planning to travel to in chapter 38?
11. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
(a) A cat and mouse technique.
(b) A question and answer technique.
(c) A spy vs. spy technique.
(d) A good cop bad cop technique.
12. Who does Bruno tell Anne invited him to the party?
13. What news does Anne have for Guy in chapter 44?
(a) She is filing for a divorce.
(b) She has had a miscarriage.
(c) She is going to have a baby.
(d) She is in love with another man.
14. What does Gerard say he will work on for nothing?
(a) HMS Fable.
(b) Bruno's memoirs.
(c) The murder case.
(d) The QE2.
15. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
(a) He is a good man.
(b) He is tortured with guilt.
(c) He is in love with Anne.
(d) He is a mummy's boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy stare at on Gerard's cheek?
2. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
3. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
4. What does Guy figure is more productive than walking the city?
5. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)