|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Anne have for Guy in chapter 44?
(a) She is going to have a baby.
(b) She has had a miscarriage.
(c) She is filing for a divorce.
(d) She is in love with another man.
2. What does the doctor give Bruno to calm him down in chapter 38?
(a) A pill.
(b) A drink.
(c) An injection.
(d) A hot water bottle.
3. What kind of party does Bruno invite himself to?
(a) A bachelor party.
(b) A housewarming party.
(c) A wedding party.
(d) A toga party.
4. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
(a) He is a mummy's boy.
(b) He is a good man.
(c) He is in love with Anne.
(d) He is tortured with guilt.
5. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
6. What does Gerard say he will work on for nothing?
(a) Bruno's memoirs.
(b) The murder case.
(c) The QE2.
(d) HMS Fable.
7. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
(c) Puerto Rico.
8. Who does Guy say he wants to curse aloud?
(b) Mr. Faulkner.
(c) Mrs. Faulkner.
9. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he wants to get back home?
(a) Dinner is waiting for him.
(b) He has to make a phonecall.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He has an appointment.
10. Where does Anne say Guy was when Miriam was murdered?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
11. Who does does Gerard say he talked to on the train Bruno and Guy were traveling on together?
(a) The waiter who served them.
(b) The ticket collector.
(c) Bruno's porter.
(d) The train driver.
12. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The City Chronicle.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Journal-American.
13. Why does Anne think it doesn't matter what she says to Charles?
(a) He is very understanding.
(b) Nothing is sacred to him.
(c) Nothing shocks him.
(d) He doesn't listen.
14. What dialect does Bob use to tell a joke?
(b) South American.
(c) French Canadian.
15. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
(a) A hat of nails.
(b) A mask of cuts.
(c) An open wound.
(d) A broken bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Guy's sailing boat?
2. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
3. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
4. Where does Bruno call Guy from in chapter 36?
5. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)