|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Guy tell Anne he was in March?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Out of town.
(c) His mother's house.
2. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
(a) His latest design.
(b) His acquisition of a sailing boat.
(c) His appointment to the boy scouts.
(d) His appointment to the Alberta Committee.
3. Who was Anne's lover before Guy?
(a) Tom Kelvin.
(b) Robert Trilby.
(c) Jack Vendor.
(d) Chris Nelson.
4. Who tries to stop Guy from saving Bruno?
(a) Mr. Faulkner.
(b) Matt Levine.
(c) Anne Faulkner.
(d) Bob Treacher.
5. What does Bruno say he will do if Guy doesn't let him stay the night?
(a) Tell the police about the murder.
(b) Kill Guy.
(c) Tell Anne about the murder.
(d) Kill himself.
6. Where does Anne say Guy was when Miriam was murdered?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
(a) His mother.
8. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
(a) Her high heels.
(b) Her alligator pumps.
(c) Her shark pumps.
(d) Her sneakers.
9. Who does Gerard say it was a pity Bruno didn't know better?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(d) His grandfather.
10. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(a) New Orleans.
11. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(a) The Palmyra Club.
(b) Bruno's drinking problem.
(c) His college days.
12. What does Gerard say he will work on for nothing?
(a) The murder case.
(b) HMS Fable.
(c) Bruno's memoirs.
(d) The QE2.
13. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
(b) Red meat.
14. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
(a) His hat.
(b) The gloves.
(c) The Luger.
(d) The overcoat.
15. What does Guy tell Owen doesn't work out as far as people go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
2. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
3. What is the name of the poem Guy reads in the Wall Street bar?
4. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
5. Who does Guy say he wants to curse aloud?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)