|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruno shout at his mother about in chapter 27?
(a) That she will go out to a bar with him.
(b) That Gerard suspects him.
(c) That he is ill.
(d) That she thinks he killed his father.
2. Why does Gerard think he can crack Guy?
(a) He is tortured with guilt.
(b) He is a mummy's boy.
(c) He is in love with Anne.
(d) He is a good man.
3. What writes a message across the sky?
(a) A glider.
(b) A plane.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A bird.
4. Why does Anne think it doesn't matter what she says to Charles?
(a) Nothing is sacred to him.
(b) He doesn't listen.
(c) Nothing shocks him.
(d) He is very understanding.
5. What song does Bruno suggest everyone sings aboard the boat?
(a) Family Values.
(b) Foggy, Foggy Dew.
(c) Captain Jack Sparrow.
(d) Pewter, Pewter Cup.
6. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) An atlas.
(d) A bar.
7. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
(a) The Luger.
(b) His hat.
(c) The gloves.
(d) The overcoat.
8. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
(a) A siren.
(b) A mother.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A wet sponge.
9. What does Howland suggest Gerrad does at the end of chapter 43?
(a) Get a woman.
(b) Take a running jump.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Get drunk.
10. Who does Guy say he forsook during the murder?
(a) HIs mother.
(c) Samuel Bruno.
11. What is Robert Treacher want Guy to build?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A dam.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A school.
12. Where does Guy tell Gerard he met Guy?
(a) At work.
(b) At the Parker Art Institute.
(c) At the Modern Art Museum.
(d) At college.
13. How does Bruno say he knows Guy when Gerard questions him?
(a) He met him at college.
(b) He once went for a job interview at his company.
(c) He knows his wife through another friend.
(d) His family considered Guy as to work on a building.
14. What does Guy do to stop himself thinking about the murder?
(b) Plays golf.
(c) Reads books.
(d) Tidies his house.
15. What newspaper has the longest account of the murder?
(a) The City Chronicle.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The Journal-American.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Anne have for Guy in chapter 44?
2. What does Bruno tell Gerard he has a right to be if he is tight?
3. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
4. What does Guy nail his sins to when Anne asks him what the matter is?
5. What does Guy's face sting like as he makes his way towards the filling station?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)