|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Peter Wriggs from?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. In what part of New York is Anne going to a party on Sunday night?
(b) The Bronx.
3. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(c) New Orleans.
4. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
(b) Hot chocolae.
(d) Hot wine.
5. Where does Anne say Guy was when Miriam was murdered?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Mexico City.
(d) New York.
6. What does Bruno admit to Guy he has never felt?
7. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
(a) An atlas.
(b) A wardrobe.
(c) A bar.
8. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
(a) A question and answer technique.
(b) A spy vs. spy technique.
(c) A good cop bad cop technique.
(d) A cat and mouse technique.
9. What does Guy think is the only thing that makes Anne touch him?
10. In what country does Robert Treacher want Guy to work in?
(b) Puerto Rico.
11. Who does Bruno long to be with him after he leaves Gerard's office?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
(a) To chat about life.
(b) To console him after his wife's death.
(c) To arrange a meeting.
(d) To return his book.
13. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
(a) Her high heels.
(b) Her alligator pumps.
(c) Her sneakers.
(d) Her shark pumps.
14. What does Guy say is the only type of person that would inform on him?
(a) A rat.
(b) A stool pigeon.
(c) A bull.
(d) A grass snake.
15. Where do the police find the overcoat and the hat?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In Bruno's basement.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In Bruno's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Guy from saving Bruno?
2. What city is Guy bound for at the beginning of chapter 47?
3. What does Guy say neither Anne nor anyone else can penetrate?
4. What does Bruno refuse to take from Gerard even though he is dying for it?
5. What is Bruno's house as unresisting as in Guy's dream?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)