|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bruno tell Gerard he phoned Guy so many times?
(a) To arrange a meeting.
(b) To return his book.
(c) To console him after his wife's death.
(d) To chat about life.
2. What kind of books does Gerard say Charles likes reading?
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Children's stories.
(c) War stories.
(d) Love stories.
3. Who does Bruno dream is hunting him down?
(a) His father.
4. What is the first thing that Guy designs for Horton, Horton and Keese?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A department store.
(c) A school.
(d) A record store.
5. What kind of building does Guy work on for no pay?
(a) A police station.
(b) A hospice.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
6. What does Gerard tell Bruno he knows interests him alot?
7. What woman does Bruno say is the only woman that ever shows sympathy towards him?
(a) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
8. What has Guy built into his fireplace?
(a) A bar.
(b) A wardrobe.
(d) An atlas.
9. What is destroying Bruno's nervous system?
(a) Red meat.
10. Who interrupts Anne and Guy and when she questions if he wants to be with her?
(c) Mr. Faulkner.
11. What does Anne bring Bruno before bed?
(a) Hot chocolae.
(b) Hot wine.
12. Where does Bruno tell Gerrard he went after the Blue Angel?
(a) Hamburger Hearth.
(b) The Real Vernon.
(c) The Blue Cheese.
(d) The Brown Boy.
13. What is the name of the poem Guy reads in the Wall Street bar?
(a) Fool's Gold.
(b) The Leaden Footed.
(c) The Leaden Eyed.
(d) The Fool on the Hill.
14. What does Guy say is the only type of person that would inform on him?
(a) A stool pigeon.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A grass snake.
15. What does Guy figure is more productive than walking the city?
(a) Watching TV.
(d) Listening to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing connected with the murder that Guy has not disposed of?
2. What makes Anne very tall and graceful while she is talking to Gerard?
3. Which of his friends does Bruno say is responsible for other murders?
4. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
5. What does Bruno phone Guy to congratulate him on?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)