|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Anne's lover before Guy?
(a) Robert Trilby.
(b) Tom Kelvin.
(c) Jack Vendor.
(d) Chris Nelson.
2. What does Bruno say is off his brains in chapter 44?
(a) The weight.
(b) The hat.
(c) The jam.
(d) The lid.
3. What technique does Howland say Gerrad is using on Guy?
(a) A spy vs. spy technique.
(b) A good cop bad cop technique.
(c) A cat and mouse technique.
(d) A question and answer technique.
4. What does Guy nail his sins to when Anne asks him what the matter is?
(a) His claustrophobia.
(b) His father.
(c) His diet.
(d) His work.
5. What city does Guy think about visiting for a couple of weeks?
(b) New Orleans.
6. Who does Guy say he forsook during the murder?
(a) HIs mother.
(b) Samuel Bruno.
7. What does Bruno refuse to take from Gerard even though he is dying for it?
(a) A photograph album.
(c) A painting.
(d) A drink.
8. What does the Butler's description say Guy was wearing?
(a) A hat and overcoat.
(b) A dinner jacket and a baseball cap.
(c) Wet suit.
(d) A fur coat and a bowler hat.
9. How does Guy say he cut his hand?
(a) Playing soccer.
(b) Cutting vegetables.
(c) Dissecting frogs.
(d) In a fight.
10. Who is Guy out with when he almost hits the boy on the bike?
(a) The Brunos.
(b) The Herberts.
(c) The Levis.
(d) The Faulkners.
11. What kind of building does Guy work on for no pay?
(a) A library.
(b) A hospice.
(c) A police station.
(d) A hospital.
12. What kind of books does Gerard say Charles likes reading?
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Children's stories.
(c) Love stories.
(d) War stories.
13. What dialect does Bob use to tell a joke?
(a) South American.
(d) French Canadian.
14. What does Bruno shout at his mother about in chapter 27?
(a) That she thinks he killed his father.
(b) That she will go out to a bar with him.
(c) That Gerard suspects him.
(d) That he is ill.
15. What does Guy tell Gerard Bruno and him have often talked about?
(b) His college days.
(c) The Palmyra Club.
(d) Bruno's drinking problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Guy believe is the ultimate judge?
2. Where does Bruno say Gerard has gone back to?
3. What woman does Bruno say is the only woman that ever shows sympathy towards him?
4. What city is Robert Treacher from?
5. Who does Guy say he wants to curse aloud?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)