|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of Long Island is Guy supposed to meet Anne?
(a) Rough Neck.
(b) Red Neck.
2. What kind of architecture does Bruno say one mostly finds in Santa Fe?
3. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
(a) An apartment store.
(b) A country club.
(c) A sky scraper.
(d) An office block.
4. What does Guy design with Anne on the hotel stationary?
(a) Their future car.
(b) Their future house.
(c) Their future holiday cottage.
(d) Their future business.
5. What country are Samuel Bruno's parents from?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(b) Czech Republic.
6. What does Bruno write in the telegram he sends just after Guy's inquest?
(a) Greetings from the golden west.
(b) Now return the favor.
(c) I wish you all happiness.
(d) You have a lot to thank me for.
7. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
(a) The piano.
(b) Racket ball.
(d) The guitar.
8. In which country is Anne currently staying?
9. What does Bruno say Guy will not be much longer in his letter to Anne?
(b) A free man.
(c) An architect.
(d) A pretty boy.
10. How did Bruno once break his hip?
(a) He fell off the edge of a cliff.
(b) He crashed a racing car.
(c) He slipped on an icy sidewalk.
(d) He fell off his bicycle.
11. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
(a) Times Square.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) Madison Gardens.
12. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A cafe.
13. What kind of person does Bruno's mother think committed the murder?
(a) A loner.
(b) An unhappy man.
(c) A maniac.
(d) A desperate man.
14. Where did Guy meet Anne?
(a) The National Art Gallery in London.
(b) The Guggenheim in New York.
(c) The Jazz Festival in New Orleans.
(d) The Art Institute in New York.
15. What does Guy think he must resemble as he creeps up the back stairs of Bruno's house?
(a) A cartoon burglar.
(b) An insane somnambulist.
(c) An ancient butler.
(d) A hungry wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
2. Who informs Guy of Miriam's death?
3. Where does Bruno tell his friends he is going before he catches the train to Metcalf?
4. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
5. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)