|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
(a) An office block.
(b) An apartment store.
(c) A sky scraper.
(d) A country club.
2. What does Bruno send Guy as a present?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A silk tie.
(c) A book on architecture.
(d) An alligator wallet.
3. What is the name of the street Miriam lives on?
(a) Zoom Street.
(b) Magnolia Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Beat Street.
4. Where is Bruno going for his vacation?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. What does Bruno say he has many ideas for?
(a) Perfect robberies.
(c) Perfect murders.
(d) Short stories.
6. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
(a) A car.
(b) A garden.
(c) A family.
(d) A maid.
7. Where does Bruno say he went to college?
8. How did Bruno once break his hip?
(a) He slipped on an icy sidewalk.
(b) He crashed a racing car.
(c) He fell off the edge of a cliff.
(d) He fell off his bicycle.
9. Where does Bruno follow Miriam to from the amusement park?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To Miriam's house.
(c) To a house party.
(d) To an island.
10. What is Anne always straightening for guy?
(a) His hair.
(b) His cufflinks.
(c) His tie.
(d) His collar.
11. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
(a) Routine and happy.
(b) Bluesy and smooth.
(c) Rough and ready.
(d) Angry and irregular.
12. What does Bruno try to balance on his nose?
(a) An egg.
(b) A biro pen.
(c) A gold fountain pen.
(d) A golf ball.
13. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
14. What does Guy ask Bruno for when he enters the dining carriage?
(a) A loan.
(d) A cigarette.
15. What is Sammie big and flabby like?
(a) An overfed dog.
(b) A middle aged businessman.
(c) A softened up boxer.
(d) An overfed cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
2. What kind of gun does Bruno send Guy?
3. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
4. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
5. Why does Guy think he feels such shame?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)