|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruno say he would like to give a $1000?
(a) A child.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A single mother.
(d) An old lady.
2. Why does Guy think he feels such shame?
(a) Miriam once aborted his child.
(b) He once loved someone like Miriam.
(c) He couldn't make Miraim happy.
(d) Miriam knows everything about him.
3. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
(a) His love for Anne.
(b) His job.
(c) His friendship with Bruno.
(d) The Luger gun.
4. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
(a) A bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A cafe.
5. What does Bruno send Guy as a present?
(a) A silk tie.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) An alligator wallet.
(d) A book on architecture.
6. What shrieks in triumph as Guy runs away?
(a) A blackbird.
(b) A girl.
(c) A police siren.
(d) A fire alarm.
7. What is the monogram on Bruno's tie?
8. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
(a) Rough and ready.
(b) Angry and irregular.
(c) Bluesy and smooth.
(d) Routine and happy.
9. What does the letter say is wrong with Miriam?
(a) She has killed herself.
(b) She has fallen gravely ill.
(c) She has been runover.
(d) She has had a miscarriage.
10. What kind of gun does Bruno send Guy?
(a) A Luger.
(b) A Werther.
(c) A Magnum.
(d) A Winchester.
11. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
(a) That she was still in love with him and would refuse a divorce.
(b) That she had found someone else and wanted a quick divorce.
(c) That she wanted divorce him until he gave her money.
(d) That she was having a baby and wanted to see him.
12. What does Guy do for a job?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A chef.
(d) An architect.
13. Where does Bruno follow Miriam to from the amusement park?
(a) To a farm.
(b) To a house party.
(c) To an island.
(d) To Miriam's house.
14. What item of Guy's clothes is tomato colored?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His socks.
(c) His tie.
(d) His gloves.
15. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
(a) Driving gloves.
(b) Winter gloves.
(c) Butler gloves.
(d) Ladies gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say that she knows Guy has in him?
2. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
3. What is Sammie big and flabby like?
4. What did the televised shuffleboard game say you have to be to view the world?
5. What does Bruno call his house?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)