|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
(a) The Luger gun.
(b) His job.
(c) His love for Anne.
(d) His friendship with Bruno.
2. What does the letter say is wrong with Miriam?
(a) She has killed herself.
(b) She has been runover.
(c) She has fallen gravely ill.
(d) She has had a miscarriage.
3. Who does Guy say knows him better than anyone else in the world?
(d) His mother.
4. What country are Samuel Bruno's parents from?
(b) Puerto Rico.
(c) Czech Republic.
5. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
(a) Wall Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Madison Gardens.
6. What does Bruno send Guy as a present?
(a) A book on architecture.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) An alligator wallet.
(d) A silk tie.
7. What does Anne say makes more sense when you live in Long Island?
(a) A garden.
(b) A car.
(c) A family.
(d) A maid.
8. What does Anne say that she knows Guy has in him?
(b) Fatherly instincts.
9. In which city does Guy's old friend Peter work?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
10. What did someone once tell Guy he had hands like?
(a) A Capuchin monk.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A Catholic Priest.
(d) A piano player.
11. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
12. What does Bruno say is the only thing his father likes?
13. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
(a) Winter gloves.
(b) Driving gloves.
(c) Butler gloves.
(d) Ladies gloves.
14. What is the name of the street Miriam lives on?
(a) Magnolia Street.
(b) Beat Street.
(c) Zoom Street.
(d) Elm Street.
15. What does Guy think he must resemble as he creeps up the back stairs of Bruno's house?
(a) An insane somnambulist.
(b) A hungry wolf.
(c) A cartoon burglar.
(d) An ancient butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
2. Where does Guy arrange to meet Miriam?
3. What is the name of Bruno's butler?
4. What is in the exact center of Bruno's forehead?
5. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)