|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne tell Guy her and her family have mailed to attest to his presence in Mexico at the time of Miriam's death?
(a) Witness statements.
(b) Court orders.
2. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
3. What does Bruno try to balance on his nose?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) An egg.
(c) A gold fountain pen.
(d) A biro pen.
4. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
(a) Wall Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Madison Gardens.
5. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
(a) He wanted the child looked after.
(b) She could start a campaign against him.
(c) She lived with his mother.
(d) She was friends with his boss.
6. What does the author say has begun to paralyze Guy's thinking?
7. What did someone once tell Guy he had hands like?
(a) A Catholic Priest.
(b) A piano player.
(c) A Capuchin monk.
(d) A construction worker.
8. What city does Bruno live in?
(a) New York.
9. What does the letter say is wrong with Miriam?
(a) She has fallen gravely ill.
(b) She has had a miscarriage.
(c) She has been runover.
(d) She has killed herself.
10. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Taslk to his mother.
(d) Tidy his house.
11. Who does Guy say he is killing Samuel Bruno for?
12. What does Tim think is the problem with Guy?
(a) Too much coffee.
(b) Guilt over his wife's death.
(c) Pre-wedding nerves.
(d) The work blues.
13. What does Bruno say enhances things when he travels?
(b) Meeting people.
(d) Playing chess.
14. What is the name of Miriam's new lover?
15. Who informs Guy of Miriam's death?
(a) His mother.
(d) Miriam's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the black and white picture Bruno has over his head?
2. What is the name of Guy's hometown?
3. In which city does Guy's old friend Peter work?
4. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
5. What does Guy do for a job?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)