|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruno say is the only thing his father likes?
2. What does the author describe as a pink tan blanket?
(a) The mud fields.
(b) The beaches.
(c) The meadows.
(d) The prairie.
3. How does Bruno kill Miriam?
(a) He strangles her.
(b) He drowns her.
(c) He shoots her.
(d) He stabs her.
4. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
(a) Madison Gardens.
(b) Wall Street.
(d) Times Square.
5. What kind of story does Guy tell Bruno he has read too many of?
(a) Detective stories.
(b) Pulp fiction stories.
(c) Sporting stories.
(d) Romantic stories.
6. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
(a) She could start a campaign against him.
(b) She lived with his mother.
(c) He wanted the child looked after.
(d) She was friends with his boss.
7. What city does Bruno live in?
(b) New York.
8. What does the author say has begun to paralyze Guy's thinking?
9. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
10. What does Tim think is the problem with Guy?
(a) Guilt over his wife's death.
(b) Too much coffee.
(c) Pre-wedding nerves.
(d) The work blues.
11. What does Guy design with Anne on the hotel stationary?
(a) Their future business.
(b) Their future holiday cottage.
(c) Their future car.
(d) Their future house.
12. What is the name of Bruno's butler?
13. Who does Guy say knows him better than anyone else in the world?
(a) His mother.
14. What did someone once tell Guy he had hands like?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A Capuchin monk.
(c) A piano player.
(d) A Catholic Priest.
15. What does Bruno write in the telegram he sends just after Guy's inquest?
(a) You have a lot to thank me for.
(b) Now return the favor.
(c) Greetings from the golden west.
(d) I wish you all happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy do in the Pullman carriage that he shouldn't?
2. What does Guy do for a job?
3. In what part of Long Island is Guy supposed to meet Anne?
4. What kind of architecture does Bruno say one mostly finds in Santa Fe?
5. What shrieks in triumph as Guy runs away?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)