|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Miriam and her friends buy at the amusement park?
(a) Toffee apples.
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Cotton candy.
2. What does Guy think of as a rich possession?
(a) His love for Anne.
(b) His job.
(c) His friendship with Bruno.
(d) The Luger gun.
3. What city does Bruno live in?
(b) New York.
4. Where does Guy arrange to meet Miriam?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At his hotel.
(c) At the high school.
(d) At his mother's house.
5. What does Bruno write on the back of the taxicab company card?
(a) NIce neck.
(b) Until next time.
(c) Thanks for the memories.
(d) Nice town Metcalf.
6. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
(a) Women who sleep around.
(b) Men who who sleep around.
(c) Fathers who are mean with their money.
(d) Mothers who over protect their children.
7. Who informs Guy of Miriam's death?
(b) His mother.
(c) Miriam's mother.
8. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) Racket ball.
9. What does Anne say that she knows Guy has in him?
(a) Fatherly instincts.
10. What is the monogram on Bruno's tie?
11. What does Anne tell Guy her and her family have mailed to attest to his presence in Mexico at the time of Miriam's death?
(a) Court orders.
(c) Witness statements.
12. What did someone once tell Guy he had hands like?
(a) A Capuchin monk.
(b) A piano player.
(c) A Catholic Priest.
(d) A construction worker.
13. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
(a) Routine and happy.
(b) Bluesy and smooth.
(c) Rough and ready.
(d) Angry and irregular.
14. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
(a) That she was still in love with him and would refuse a divorce.
(b) That she wanted divorce him until he gave her money.
(c) That she had found someone else and wanted a quick divorce.
(d) That she was having a baby and wanted to see him.
15. Where does Bruno tell his friends he is going before he catches the train to Metcalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bruno once break his hip?
2. What kind of architecture does Bruno say one mostly finds in Santa Fe?
3. What is the name of Guy's hometown?
4. What famous philosopher is Guy reading?
5. How does Guy think he can set up Bruno for his father's death?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)