|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruno say he would like to give a $1000?
(a) A single mother.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A child.
(d) An old lady.
2. What does Guy decide to have to make him more alert for the murder?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(d) Crystal meth.
3. What does Bruno call legalized fornication?
4. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
(a) That she had found someone else and wanted a quick divorce.
(b) That she was having a baby and wanted to see him.
(c) That she was still in love with him and would refuse a divorce.
(d) That she wanted divorce him until he gave her money.
5. What does Bruno say is the only thing his father likes?
6. What is the name of Guy's hometown?
7. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
(a) Butler gloves.
(b) Winter gloves.
(c) Driving gloves.
(d) Ladies gloves.
8. What kind of architecture does Bruno say one mostly finds in Santa Fe?
9. How did Bruno once break his hip?
(a) He fell off his bicycle.
(b) He fell off the edge of a cliff.
(c) He crashed a racing car.
(d) He slipped on an icy sidewalk.
10. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
(a) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) Racket ball.
11. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
(a) Fathers who are mean with their money.
(b) Mothers who over protect their children.
(c) Women who sleep around.
(d) Men who who sleep around.
12. In what kind of establishment was Bruno's wallet stolen?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bar.
13. What does Tim think is the problem with Guy?
(a) Pre-wedding nerves.
(b) The work blues.
(c) Guilt over his wife's death.
(d) Too much coffee.
14. What does the letter say is wrong with Miriam?
(a) She has had a miscarriage.
(b) She has fallen gravely ill.
(c) She has killed herself.
(d) She has been runover.
15. What does Bruno believe that Quebec is full of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe as a pink tan blanket?
2. In which month does Miriam say her child is due?
3. In which city does Guy's old friend Peter work?
4. In what part of Long Island is Guy supposed to meet Anne?
5. What shrieks in triumph as Guy runs away?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)