|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The piano.
(d) Racket ball.
2. What does Bruno say Guy takes the hard way?
3. What country are Samuel Bruno's parents from?
(a) Czech Republic.
(b) Puerto Rico.
4. What does Bruno write in the telegram he sends just after Guy's inquest?
(a) I wish you all happiness.
(b) You have a lot to thank me for.
(c) Greetings from the golden west.
(d) Now return the favor.
5. What is Sammie big and flabby like?
(a) An overfed dog.
(b) A softened up boxer.
(c) A middle aged businessman.
(d) An overfed cat.
6. What does Anne say that she knows Guy has in him?
(b) Fatherly instincts.
7. Who is Miriam's death attributed to?
(d) Person's unknown.
8. What is in the exact center of Bruno's forehead?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A red dot.
(c) A scar.
(d) A pimple.
9. What shrieks in triumph as Guy runs away?
(a) A girl.
(b) A police siren.
(c) A blackbird.
(d) A fire alarm.
10. Who chases after Guy after he kills Samuel Bruno?
(b) The gardener.
(c) The butler.
(d) Bruno's mother.
11. Who informs Guy of Miriam's death?
(a) Miriam's mother.
(d) His mother.
12. What does Guy design with Anne on the hotel stationary?
(a) Their future car.
(b) Their future house.
(c) Their future holiday cottage.
(d) Their future business.
13. What does the author describe as a pink tan blanket?
(a) The prairie.
(b) The meadows.
(c) The beaches.
(d) The mud fields.
14. How did Bruno once break his hip?
(a) He fell off the edge of a cliff.
(b) He fell off his bicycle.
(c) He slipped on an icy sidewalk.
(d) He crashed a racing car.
15. What does Bruno say Guy will not be much longer in his letter to Anne?
(b) A pretty boy.
(c) A free man.
(d) An architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the redhead Bruno's father dated?
2. What is Anne's father's job?
3. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
4. Who does Guy remember that he once thought of murdering?
5. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)