|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Guy say knows him better than anyone else in the world?
(d) His mother.
2. What does Bruno say he would have become if something didn't happen at a certain time with his father?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A writer.
(c) An architect.
(d) A photographer.
3. What does Guy do in the Pullman carriage that he shouldn't?
4. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
(a) Bluesy and smooth.
(b) Routine and happy.
(c) Rough and ready.
(d) Angry and irregular.
5. What does Bruno write on the back of the taxicab company card?
(a) NIce neck.
(b) Nice town Metcalf.
(c) Thanks for the memories.
(d) Until next time.
6. What is Anne's father's job?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A judge.
(d) An importer.
7. What does Bruno say Guy takes the hard way?
8. Why does Guy decide it was best to send Miriam money?
(a) She was friends with his boss.
(b) He wanted the child looked after.
(c) She lived with his mother.
(d) She could start a campaign against him.
9. Who does Guy tell Anne he was fighting with in the woods?
(a) A prowler.
(b) A blackmailer.
(c) An old college friend.
(d) A servant.
10. Where does Bruno tell his friends he is going before he catches the train to Metcalf?
11. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
(a) Taslk to his mother.
(b) Play tennis.
(c) Tidy his house.
12. What kind of story does Guy tell Bruno he has read too many of?
(a) Pulp fiction stories.
(b) Sporting stories.
(c) Detective stories.
(d) Romantic stories.
13. What kind of person does Bruno say makes him ill and furious?
(a) Fathers who are mean with their money.
(b) Mothers who over protect their children.
(c) Men who who sleep around.
(d) Women who sleep around.
14. What is Sammie big and flabby like?
(a) A middle aged businessman.
(b) An overfed dog.
(c) An overfed cat.
(d) A softened up boxer.
15. What type of woman does Bruno say he knows well?
(a) Nothern broad.
(b) West coast blonde.
(c) Southern redhead.
(d) Eastern blonde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Guy say he was thinking when he was fighting Bruno?
2. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
3. What does Tim think is the problem with Guy?
4. What kind of gloves does Bruno give Guy for the murder?
5. What is Anne always straightening for guy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)