|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy ask Bruno for when he enters the dining carriage?
(a) A loan.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What did Ethel Petersen teach guy when he was a child?
(a) Racket ball.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
3. What does Bruno say enhances things when he travels?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Meeting people.
4. What does Bruno do to blot out the pain and depression?
(a) Play tennis.
(c) Taslk to his mother.
(d) Tidy his house.
5. Where does Guy arrange to meet Miriam?
(a) At the high school.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) At his hotel.
(d) At a restaurant.
6. Who does Guy remember that he once thought of murdering?
(b) His mother.
7. Who does Guy tell Anne he was fighting with in the woods?
(a) A blackmailer.
(b) An old college friend.
(c) A servant.
(d) A prowler.
8. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
9. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
(a) That she wanted divorce him until he gave her money.
(b) That she had found someone else and wanted a quick divorce.
(c) That she was still in love with him and would refuse a divorce.
(d) That she was having a baby and wanted to see him.
10. What is the name of the street Miriam lives on?
(a) Beat Street.
(b) Zoom Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Magnolia Street.
11. Who is Miriam's death attributed to?
(d) Person's unknown.
12. What does Guy do in the Pullman carriage that he shouldn't?
13. Where does Bruno get his haircut in this section?
(a) Times Square.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) Madison Gardens.
14. What does Bruno write in the telegram he sends just after Guy's inquest?
(a) I wish you all happiness.
(b) You have a lot to thank me for.
(c) Greetings from the golden west.
(d) Now return the favor.
15. What kind of person does Bruno's mother think committed the murder?
(a) A loner.
(b) An unhappy man.
(c) A maniac.
(d) A desperate man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the monogram on Bruno's tie?
2. What does Guy say he is building in Florida?
3. In what part of Long Island is Guy supposed to meet Anne?
4. In which month does Miriam say her child is due?
5. What does Bruno call legalized fornication?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)