1. What two words does the author use to describe the rhythm of the train?
(a) Rough and ready.
(b) Bluesy and smooth.
(c) Routine and happy.
(d) Angry and irregular.
2. What does the author describe as a pink tan blanket?
(a) The mud fields.
(b) The beaches.
(c) The prairie.
(d) The meadows.
3. What is the name of the woman Guy wants to divorce?
4. What does the author say has begun to paralyze Guy's thinking?
5. What does Guy do in the Pullman carriage that he shouldn't?
6. What item of Guy's clothes is tomato colored?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His socks.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His tie.
7. What was the only thing Miriam had said to Guy in her letter?
(a) That she wanted divorce him until he gave her money.
(b) That she was still in love with him and would refuse a divorce.
(c) That she was having a baby and wanted to see him.
(d) That she had found someone else and wanted a quick divorce.
This section contains 3,576 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)