|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many Filipinos try to be?
2. How were Asian immigrants treated in America?
(a) Like brothers.
(b) Like lepers.
(c) Like strangers.
(d) Like equals.
3. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
4. What did Chinese soldiers bring to the United States between 1948 and 1953?
(a) Spy documents.
(b) Chinese brides.
5. Who did The Chinese Six Companies support when China was taken over by communists?
(b) No one.
(c) Communist China.
(d) Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek.
6. Why did most Asian immigrants want to move to America?
(a) To escape criminal charges.
(b) Political exile.
(c) For a better life.
(d) Better farming.
7. Where did most Filipinos initially arrive?
(b) San Francisco.
8. Where is Little Taipei located?
9. Why did Pakistanis migrate to America?
(a) Better education.
(b) Less pollution.
(c) Less war.
(d) Better government.
10. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
(b) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
(c) After the Cold War.
(d) Prior to WWI.
11. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
12. Why did the second generation of Koreans differ from the first generation?
(a) They were Americanized.
(b) They wanted to return to Korea.
(c) They were educated.
(d) They did not speak Korean.
13. What percentage of Korean immigrants have college degrees?
14. Where did Vietnamese immigrants stay when they arrived in America?
(b) Military camps.
(c) Family homes.
(d) Family businesses.
15. In whose name did Asian-Indian place their land to avoid the Alien Land Law?
(a) Their fathers.'
(b) Their childrens.
(c) Their mothers.'
(d) Their wives.'
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike their counterparts in Hawaii, what did Filipinos in other states face?
2. In what industry did the majority of Koreans work?
3. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
4. Where did Filipino immigrants work when they moved to Alaska?
5. When was the McCarran-Watter Act passed?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)