|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
2. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
3. Why did Pakistanis migrate to America?
(a) Less pollution.
(b) Better government.
(c) Better education.
(d) Less war.
4. Which group is the largest of Asian immigrants?
5. What did Lung On and Ing Hay do when they arrived in America?
(a) Started farming.
(b) Went to college.
(c) Became doctors.
(d) Opened businesses.
6. Whose rule were the Koreans opposed to in Korea?
7. Which two populations clashed in America?
(a) Korean and Chinese.
(b) Japanese and Korean.
(c) Chinese and Hispanic.
(d) Hispanic and Korean.
8. How much planning did Vietnamese immigrants do prior to moving to America?
(a) 8 years.
(b) Two years.
(c) None to very little.
(d) About 6 months.
9. Who had conflicts with the Asian-Indian workers?
(a) White workers.
(b) Japanese workers.
(c) Korean workers.
(d) Black workers.
10. In what industry did the majority of Koreans work?
11. What did many Filipinos try to be?
12. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
(b) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
(c) Prior to WWI.
(d) After the Cold War.
13. Where did Vietnamese immigrants stay when they arrived in America?
(a) Family businesses.
(b) Family homes.
(d) Military camps.
14. Where did most Filipinos initially arrive?
(c) San Francisco.
15. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Takaki hope the reader learns about from his book?
2. What percentage of immigrants live in areas sparsely populated with Asians?
3. What was the name of the organization laundromat owners formed?
4. When did a large number of Koreans immigrate to American?
5. After the war, what did workers gain the right to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)