|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the earthquake of 1906, who was allowed to enter the country?
(a) Japenese women.
(b) Chinese men.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Chinese women.
2. Why did many Filipinos come to America?
(a) The Mauns regime.
(b) The Macros regime.
(c) The freedom of religion.
(d) The higher wages.
3. In what year did Hawaiians recruit Asian-Indian workers?
4. When did the Chinese communists take over China?
5. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
6. What did Lung On and Ing Hay do when they arrived in America?
(a) Became doctors.
(b) Opened businesses.
(c) Started farming.
(d) Went to college.
7. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) After the Cold War.
(b) Prior to WWI.
(c) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
(d) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
8. What did the Alien Land Law prevent?
(a) Asian-Indians from owning land.
(b) The growing of nontraditional crops.
(c) Co-op farming.
(d) Selling of land to white people.
9. Whose rule were the Koreans opposed to in Korea?
10. When did a large number of Koreans immigrate to American?
(a) After 1885.
(b) After the tornado of 1922.
(c) After 1945.
(d) After the earthquake of 1906.
11. Why did people immigrate from Laos?
(b) America invited them.
(c) Civil strife.
(d) Dreams of a better education system.
12. What percentage of immigrants live in areas sparsely populated with Asians?
13. Why did most Asian immigrants want to move to America?
(a) Better farming.
(b) To escape criminal charges.
(c) Political exile.
(d) For a better life.
14. Where did the second generation of Koreans see their future?
(a) In America.
(b) In Japan.
(c) In France.
(d) In Korea.
15. What percentage of Korean immigrants have college degrees?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do educated immigrants function in American society?
2. What were the professions of the second wave of female Filipinos?
3. What did Asian-Indian male workers wear?
4. Who did The Chinese Six Companies support when China was taken over by communists?
5. Why did people move from Korea to the United States?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)