|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the professions of the second wave of female Filipinos?
(b) Technical workers.
2. After the earthquake of 1906, who was allowed to enter the country?
(a) Chinese women.
(b) Japenese women.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Chinese men.
3. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) Prior to WWI.
(b) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
(c) After the Cold War.
(d) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
4. What type of farming were Asian-Indians active in?
(a) Cat fish farming.
(b) Cucumber farming.
(c) Partnership farming.
(d) Co-op farming.
5. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
(a) Engineering industry.
(b) Financial industry.
(c) Service industry.
(d) Technological industry.
6. In 1910, who did the United States courts rule were white?
7. Why did the second generation of Koreans differ from the first generation?
(a) They wanted to return to Korea.
(b) They did not speak Korean.
(c) They were educated.
(d) They were Americanized.
8. What did Koreans have to compete with other Asians for?
9. Why were Asian-Indian workers subjected to racial slurs?
(a) Because of language.
(b) Because they dressed differently.
(c) Because of religion.
(d) Because of food.
10. Who became the largest ethnic voting block in Hawaii after the war?
(a) The Asian-Indians.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Koreans.
11. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
12. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
13. When did a large number of Koreans immigrate to American?
(a) After the tornado of 1922.
(b) After 1945.
(c) After 1885.
(d) After the earthquake of 1906.
14. What Chinese immigrants were allowed to bring their wives?
15. What did the letters Lung On and Ing Hay received demand they do?
(a) Pay taxes.
(b) Return home.
(c) Close their buisness.
(d) Pay their visa fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Filipino immigrants work when they moved to Alaska?
2. How does Takaki described the majority of Chinese immigrants in his book?
3. What did Asian-Indian male workers wear?
4. What war do Americans depict in films cruelly?
5. What did the Alien Land Law prevent?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)