|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Filipinos arrive from?
(a) A Dutch territory.
(b) A French territory.
(c) An American territory.
(d) A Japanese territory.
2. When did the Chinese communists take over China?
3. What is the income level of Asian immigrants?
(a) The top 1%.
(b) Above average.
(c) Below average.
4. Where did Asian-Indian workers work in California?
(a) Gold mines.
(b) The fields.
(c) Steel mills.
(d) The fishing boats.
5. Where did Takaki grow up?
6. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
7. What type of farming were Asian-Indians active in?
(a) Cucumber farming.
(b) Partnership farming.
(c) Co-op farming.
(d) Cat fish farming.
8. Why were Koreans forced to live in black or Hispanic neighborhoods?
(a) There were not enough Koreans to form a community.
(b) All neighborhoods were racially mixed.
(c) Those neighborhoods were welcoming.
(d) Zoning laws.
9. Who did The Chinese Six Companies support when China was taken over by communists?
(a) No one.
(c) Communist China.
(d) Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek.
10. What did Americans refer to the Asian-Indian workers as?
11. How were the conditions in the agricultural industry?
12. What illegal papers caused someone to be called a "paper son."
(a) Birth certificate.
(b) Death certificate.
(c) Citizenship papers.
13. Why did people move from Korea to the United States?
(a) Less pollution.
(b) Better government.
(c) Better schools.
(d) Better jobs.
14. How long did Lung On and Ing Hay live in America before receiving their letters?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 56 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 5 years.
15. After the earthquake of 1906, who was allowed to enter the country?
(a) Chinese women.
(b) Japenese women.
(c) Indian women.
(d) Chinese men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did second generation Koreans not believe in?
2. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
3. In whose name did Asian-Indian place their land to avoid the Alien Land Law?
4. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
5. Unlike their counterparts in Hawaii, what did Filipinos in other states face?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)