|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Filipinos tend to migrate?
(a) All over.
2. What did second generation Koreans not believe in?
(a) Korean nationalism.
(b) American politics.
(c) American war.
(d) Korean religion.
3. Why did people immigrate from Laos?
(b) Dreams of a better education system.
(c) America invited them.
(d) Civil strife.
4. What did many Filipinos try to be?
5. Where did Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek flee to?
6. When did the Chinese communists take over China?
7. When did a large number of Koreans immigrate to American?
(a) After 1945.
(b) After the earthquake of 1906.
(c) After the tornado of 1922.
(d) After 1885.
8. Whose rule were the Koreans opposed to in Korea?
9. Where did Takaki grow up?
10. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) After the Cold War.
(b) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
(c) Prior to WWI.
(d) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
11. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
12. Where do the Asian female immigrants typically work in New York?
(b) Central Park.
(d) The garment district.
13. What Chinese immigrants were allowed to bring their wives?
14. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
15. Why did Chinese immigrants forge documents after the fires in 1906?
(a) To bring their family to America.
(b) To return to China.
(c) To vote.
(d) To own property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group is the largest of Asian immigrants?
2. After the war, what did workers gain the right to?
3. After the earthquake of 1906, who was allowed to enter the country?
4. Who became the largest ethnic voting block in Hawaii after the war?
5. Where do people claim there are too many Asians present?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)