|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Takaki described the majority of Chinese immigrants in his book?
(b) Ages 45-65.
(d) Age 10-19.
2. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
3. What percentage of Korean immigrants have college degrees?
4. In what industry did most of the Filipino immigrants work?
(a) Financial industry.
(b) Service industry.
(c) Technological industry.
(d) Engineering industry.
5. Where did most Filipinos initially arrive?
(d) San Francisco.
6. What were Filipinos considered by Americans?
(a) American nationals.
7. What type of farming were Asian-Indians active in?
(a) Cat fish farming.
(b) Cucumber farming.
(c) Co-op farming.
(d) Partnership farming.
8. How much planning did Vietnamese immigrants do prior to moving to America?
(a) 8 years.
(b) None to very little.
(c) About 6 months.
(d) Two years.
9. When was the McCarran-Watter Act passed?
10. Whose rule were the Koreans opposed to in Korea?
11. What did the letters Lung On and Ing Hay received demand they do?
(a) Pay taxes.
(b) Close their buisness.
(c) Pay their visa fees.
(d) Return home.
12. In what industry did the majority of Koreans work?
13. Where did Takaki grow up?
14. After the war, what did workers gain the right to?
(a) Collective bargaining.
(c) Vacation time.
15. Who did The Chinese Six Companies support when China was taken over by communists?
(a) Kuomintang of Chiang Kai-shek.
(b) Communist China.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many Filipino immigrants not practice their profession once they arrived in the United States?
2. What did the first generation of Koreans believe strongly in?
3. In 1910, who did the United States courts rule were white?
4. Who became the largest ethnic voting block in Hawaii after the war?
5. Why did people immigrate from Laos?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)