|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two populations clashed in America?
(a) Hispanic and Korean.
(b) Korean and Chinese.
(c) Japanese and Korean.
(d) Chinese and Hispanic.
2. What war resulted in a more diverse America?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Gulf War.
3. After the earthquake of 1906, who was allowed to enter the country?
(a) Chinese men.
(b) Indian women.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Japenese women.
4. Where did the majority of Korean immigrants settle?
5. Where did Filipinos tend to migrate?
(c) All over.
6. Which group is the largest of Asian immigrants?
7. What did Americans refer to the Asian-Indian workers as?
8. What did the planters in the agricultural industry think of Filipino immigrants?
(a) They were difficult.
(b) They were rude.
(c) They were friendly.
(d) They were hard workers.
9. What did Asian-Indian male workers wear?
(b) Eye patches.
10. Where do people claim there are too many Asians present?
11. What illegal papers caused someone to be called a "paper son."
(a) Death certificate.
(c) Citizenship papers.
(d) Birth certificate.
12. Why did Takaki write this book?
(a) He feels sorry for immigrants.
(b) He loves history.
(c) He has family in Hawaii.
(d) He is a teacher.
13. What were Filipinos considered by Americans?
(b) American nationals.
14. Koreans were accepted ________ their Asian peers.
(a) Less than.
(b) As equals to.
(c) About the same as.
(d) More than.
15. In 1940, what percent of Chinese immigrants lived on the West coast?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what did workers gain the right to?
2. What is the income level of Asian immigrants?
3. In what year did Hawaiians recruit Asian-Indian workers?
4. What percentage of Korean immigrants have college degrees?
5. Where did Takaki grow up?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)