|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 472-492.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Hawaiians recruit Asian-Indian workers?
2. What was the Japanese community based upon?
(a) A common diet.
(b) Shared cultural values.
(c) Shared struggles.
(d) A common religion.
3. Where did most Asian immigrants settle?
(a) Hawaii, Michigan and Chicago.
(c) New York and Michigan.
(d) California, Hawaii and New York.
4. How many Asians arrived in Hawaii between 1850 and 1920?
5. Where did Asian-Indian workers work in Washington?
(a) Lumber yards.
(b) Fish markets.
(c) Steel mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Koreans have to compete with other Asians for?
2. In 1910, who did the United States courts rule were white?
3. Which two populations clashed in America?
4. In what city in California did Chinese immigrants build China Town?
5. When did William Hoper open his sugar mill?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)