|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 472-492.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Vietnamese population grow in America?
(a) After the collapse of North Viet Nam.
(b) After the Cold War.
(c) After the collapse of South Viet Nam.
(d) Prior to WWI.
2. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
3. Why did the Japanese limit Korean immigration to Hawaii, according to Chapter 2?
(a) The quota was already met.
(b) Korea went to war.
(c) So they could not compete with the Japense for jobs.
(d) Hawaii decided to build a really big fence.
4. How were the Japanese treated similarly to the Chinese immigrants?
(a) With open arms.
(b) With respect.
(c) Racial prejudice.
(d) As dedicated workers.
5. Who had conflicts with the Asian-Indian workers?
(a) Korean workers.
(b) White workers.
(c) Black workers.
(d) Japanese workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the McCarran-Watter Act achieve?
2. What types of businesses did Japanese immigrants open?
3. Where do the Asian female immigrants typically work in New York?
4. What was the name of the organization laundromat owners formed?
5. What industry did many Chinese immigrants move to the United States for?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)