|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 472-492.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the husbands force their Japanese brides to wear upon their arrival to Hawaii?
(a) Western clothes.
(c) Maid outfits.
2. What were the Indian immigrants attempting to escape in India?
(a) The education system.
(b) British rule.
3. Where did Chinese immigrants work in New England?
(a) Tire Factories.
(b) Raking leaves.
(c) Shoe Factories.
(d) Maple fields.
4. What does Takaki hope the reader learns about from his book?
(a) The history of Hawaii.
(b) The history of immigration.
(d) Asian culture.
5. When did the Filipinos begin to migrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many Filipinos try to be?
2. On what island did the author grow up?
3. What location became the prime meeting spot for Chinese immigrants?
4. When did Lung On and Ing Hay come to America?
5. What were the wages like in the agricultural industry?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)