|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 472-492.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does diversity in the work place accomplish according to Chapter 2?
(a) It provides an educational experience.
(b) The bosses experience multiple cultures.
(c) It prevents one block of immigrants from becoming too powerful.
(d) It makes a positive work environment.
2. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
3. What does Takaki say is the fastest growing ethnic population?
(d) Middle Eastern.
4. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
(a) Other people applied for the job.
(b) The Chinese immigration rates decreased.
(c) To keep unions out.
(d) There was a strike.
5. In Chapter 3, how does Takaki claim Chinese immigrants were victimized?
(c) Insurance fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Alien Land Law prevent?
2. What emotion did the picture brides feel when they met their husbands?
3. What did the McCarran-Watter Act achieve?
4. According to Takaki, what is the occupational structure based on?
5. Which group is the largest of Asian immigrants?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)