|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 294-314.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs did female Chinese immigrants hold according to Chapter 3?
(b) Housekeepers and prostitutes.
2. What were the Indian immigrants attempting to escape in India?
(a) British rule.
(b) The education system.
3. What was put into place to protect Chinese immigrants but ultimately did not work?
(a) Federal laws.
(b) A wall.
(c) Prison guards.
(d) The Guardian Angels.
4. During 1970-1980 how many immigrants were Asian?
(a) One third.
5. In whose name did Asian-Indian place their land to avoid the Alien Land Law?
(a) Their wives.'
(b) Their mothers.'
(c) Their fathers.'
(d) Their childrens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Abiko Kyutaro return to Japan prior to moving permanently to America?
2. Which Chinese group became active in the opium and prostitution rings?
3. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
4. How would unmarried Hawaiian men select Japanese brides?
5. Why did the second generation of Koreans differ from the first generation?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)