|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, pg. 294-314.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what island did the author grow up?
(a) Long Island.
2. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
3. Why did Filipino immigrants come to Hawaii?
(a) To escape poverty.
(b) To escape criminal sentences.
(c) To learn how to surf.
(d) To be near the beach.
4. What were Asian workers issued that took the place of dollars?
5. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
(a) Other people applied for the job.
(b) There was a strike.
(c) The Chinese immigration rates decreased.
(d) To keep unions out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese workers were hired to work on the railways in 1865?
2. In what industry did the majority of Koreans work?
3. What was the reaction in Chapter 3, to the special taxes put upon Chinese immigrants?
4. What organization supported Chinese immigrants and protested their poor treatment?
5. What made Chinese immigrants a threat to the mining industry?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)