|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, pgs. 132-178.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The South.
(c) The West coast.
(d) The East coast.
2. What did the blood unions become in 1920?
(a) Hawaii Laborers Association.
(b) The Asian Pacific Party.
(c) The Laborers in Arms Association.
(d) Fight! Freedom! Work!
3. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
(b) The industrial reserve army.
(c) The capitalist navy.
4. In what year did Hawaii begin recruiting Filipino workers?
5. How many Asians arrived in Hawaii between 1850 and 1920?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what island did the author grow up?
2. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
3. After the mining industry turned their back on the Chinese, what industry did they turn to?
4. During 1970-1980 how many immigrants were Asian?
5. Who did unmarried Hawaiian men use to find brides in Japan?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)