|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, pgs. 132-178.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Marxist term does Takaki give the Asian workforce?
(b) The industrial reserve army.
(d) The capitalist navy.
2. What valley did the author grow up in?
(a) Valley Gorge.
(b) San Fernando Valley.
(c) Palolo Valley.
(d) Annapolis Valley.
3. What did Takaki write that contributed to growth of the Asian population in America?
(a) Freedom of speech.
(b) Immigration Act of 1922.
(c) Immigration Act of 1965.
(d) Freedom of religion.
4. In what city in California did Chinese immigrants build China Town?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Jose.
5. How many Asians arrived in Hawaii between 1850 and 1920?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hawaiian planters begin to hire nationalities other then Chinese?
2. When did the first wave of Asian immigration begin?
3. Who did William Hoper find to be productive workers?
4. What was put into place to protect Chinese immigrants but ultimately did not work?
5. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)