|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, pgs. 132-178.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chinese immigrants begin to open laundromats?
(a) There was a great need for the service.
(b) The initial capital was low.
(c) They were fired from the railroad.
(d) Familes could run the buisness.
2. Who did the foreign miners' license tax apply to?
(b) Chinese workers that were citizens.
(d) Chinese workers that did not want to become citizens.
3. When did the Indian population begin to grow in Hawaii?
4. Where did Takaki go to college?
(a) The Midwest.
(b) The South.
(c) The West coast.
(d) The East coast.
5. What jobs did female Chinese immigrants hold according to Chapter 3?
(d) Housekeepers and prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did immigrants think about Hawaii? Why did they go there?
2. In what year were plans made for the transcontinental railroad?
3. What were blood unions based upon?
4. What does Takaki say is the fastest growing ethnic population?
5. What made Chinese immigrants a threat to the mining industry?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)